Another Skyrim build this time with real steel

shanclaw

Hello everyone I just wanted to share with you my build. It was the iron helmet in the popular video game Skyrim. I decided to make it as authentic as possible and shape it out of 16 gauge sheet metal. I used the in game references as my template rather than the key artwork that was used for all the advertising. I also just ended up carving the horns out of wood and will probably go back to rework them to look more authentic. The helmet overall is 10% too big which I thought was going to be a problem. And I intentionally made it large because I was afraid of cutting up my face if I made it to scale. But the outcome of the larger helmet worked in my favor. You cant see my eyes or facial expressions which leaves the person wearing the helmet a emotionless and intimidating character. Here's some pics with the entire costume (which I also made out of steel and leather) as well as a link to the montage video. Oh yes there's a montage video. Everyone have a nice day.
IMG_2388.jpg

538986_3398164353650_411413389_n.jpg

579986_3390775968945_1095747623_n.jpg

Skyrim Helmet made out of steel - YouTube

Wow! Very impressive work! And I love the video, it's great being able to see everything take shape and come together. Thanks for posting!

Very nice work! Do you have any shots of the inside of the helmet? I'm curious as to how many of the seams are welded vs riveted. Also, better shots of the rest of the armor? Are the small rounded plates steel as well? Vam/bracers as well?

The only welds I used were spots welds to hold the plates together so I could set the rivets in. The only major welding was for the parts were it holds the horns. The inside of the helmet is filled with a ton of foam padding, which I will line with cloth at some time, but it feels like a motorcycle helmet when you wear it. The rest of the armor is all steel and leather. I will post more pictures soon.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back