Marty Mcfly nike bruin lookalikes

I got ultra lucky and bought a pair of real Nike Bruins in my size for $70 on etsy. I wear a size 8. They have blue accents instead of red so I'm painting them with red Angelus paint.

I've found that buying an all-white pair of Court Royales and painting them with Angelus Scarlet Red (with a couple thin layers of GW Mephiston Red over the top) look great, and are fairly comfortable even for me. I'll probably wear them out pretty fast, but at least I can make them again without having to pay too much.

I've found that buying an all-white pair of Court Royales and painting them with Angelus Scarlet Red (with a couple thin layers of GW Mephiston Red over the top) look great, and are fairly comfortable even for me. I'll probably wear them out pretty fast, but at least I can make them again without having to pay too much.

Sounds good have you got any pictures?

Okay, so I've taken a few photos of them and just imported them straight from my camera. Keep in mind that I just painted them a week ago and I've been wearing them for a couple days now. The paint's flaking off at the back, but only the back as far as I can tell. It may be the Mephiston Red though.

I don't know if I wasn't thinning the Angelus paints enough, but I couldn't get a smooth finish with it. As soon as i started applying thinned layers of Mephiston to it, the finish on them instantly looked much better. And the colour is much better too. I don't like Scarlet Red or Chili Red, it should be somewhere in between the two.

IMG_0712.JPG

IMG_0707.JPG

IMG_0708.JPG

IMG_0710.JPG

IMG_0712.JPG

I can't wait to wear the proper Bruins...

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back