Black Hawk Down Diorama: Super 64 Crash site

Alright I'll give the photos another try, now this photo is old and my model is way ahead of what is pictured.
de098a15.jpg

It works Norman :thumbsup

Received a set of tires today, need about 20 tires to put on the rooftops of the small buildings.

IMG_1760.jpg

Why are you putting tires on the roofs of buildings ? They were always stacked in the middle of the roads then set on fire. Firstly to send a signal to the "militia" that U.S. / U.N. forces were on the way. Secondly, the smoke from the tire fires was used as a smoke screen to blind the friendly forces and conceal the ambushes set up by the militia.

Thought I would just let you know what really happened in Mogadishu.

From a veteran who spent 9 months in that hell hole of place.

Cheers.

BTW, I do love the buildings for the diorama. Looking forward to seeing more of this project.

Dave.

Indeed, the screenshot above shows the tires on the rooftops, i guess they are used (in the movie) as weight to keep the crappy corrugated iron rooftops in place.

So where'd you finally get your Pilot kits from? Just ordered my Pilot and Delta pieces today, from some company called Evolution Miniatures that produces mostly 1/35 infantry pieces.

Looks awesome! Some kitty litter on top of those broken walls would look great too imo. Love the little details, don't go blind painting this 1/72 scale figures...lol

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back