Black Hawk Down Diorama: Super 64 Crash site

Looking good, having been there around the time of the downing of the black hawk. i left two weeks before it happened. good to see a cool dio to remember those who served there.

Can you see them^?

This is the modelkit I am going to use for the diorama, and as you can see it is not een Black Hawk but a Pave Hawk.
It doesn't matter, the heli is wrecked anyway so converting the Pave Hawk to a Black Hawk will not be a problem.

IMG_1640.jpg

This is the modelkit I am going to use for the diorama, and as you can see it is not een Black Hawk but a Pave Hawk.
It doesn't matter, the heli is wrecked anyway so converting the Pave Hawk to a Black Hawk will not be a problem.

Well, then you wouldn't have to nose mounted FLIR pod and the Nose cone...and the IFR probe wasn't used on the 64. Also Robbie would you mind telling me how to upload images?

I used multiple layers of wood filler on the ground and buildings, the entire diorama is covered with the stuff. It creates lots of depth and details.

IMG_1482.jpg

IMG_1502.jpg

IMG_1504.jpg

After that I did some color tests, to get the right basecolor for the ground and buildings.

IMG_1521.jpg

IMG_1508.jpg

You are really nailing the texturing here :thumbsup. Very very well done so far.

Those pictures in the sunlight are striking !

Thanks guys (y)thumbsup

I also use colored pencils to create as much nuance as possible, bringing out the highlights and shadows. (pictures are taken in artificial light)

IMG_1667.jpg

IMG_1669.jpg

The diorama is a kind of 3D painting.

IMG_1668.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back