Back To The Future 2015 Set (CG Model)

Looks amazing!

Thanks. :)

I haven't updated this in a little while, so a bit of a dump here!
I've mostly finished off the courthouse now. There are some details I'll do later, but for now I'm moving on to other buildings.

I'm now working on the north side of the square, which is the left side when facing the courthouse. These are general buildings, none of which are featured all too prominently. I've finished the True Blues building, and I'm currently working on the next building, which includes Pizza Hut, Me Perfect All Natural Steroids, Eclipse, and something else I haven't identified yet.

Attachments

• building_203.jpg
    building_203.jpg
    238 KB · Views: 555
  • test119.jpg
    test119.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 239
  • test121.jpg
    test121.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 179
  • test125.jpg
    test125.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 197
  • test126.jpg
    test126.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 174
  • test132.jpg
    test132.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 160
  • test134.jpg
    test134.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 300
If I could work CAD software this is EXACTLY what I would build. I just freaked out looking at the Cafe 80s interior. I have always wanted to build that set 1:1 scale.
I can't wait to see the progress and the finished product. I really want a Pepsi Perfect now!!!!

If I could work CAD software this is EXACTLY what I would build. I just freaked out looking at the Cafe 80s interior. I have always wanted to build that set 1:1 scale.
I can't wait to see the progress and the finished product. I really want a Pepsi Perfect now!!!!

Coincidental timing on the bump, as I just got back to this a couple of days ago. If you ever do have the opportunity to build the set 1:1, you know where to come! :D

I spent a bit of time a couple of days ago researching to identify every vehicle that is used in the future scene, as I want to recreate the entire scene including details such as cars, maybe even people. Some cars were quite obvious, while others took a little bit of digging to find. I found some of the car selections to be quite interesting!

From back of North street to front-
dark grey at back of row in front of Pontiac dealership - 1989 Pontiac Fiero concept car (also seen briefly driving past while Marty says "the shark still looks fake"
red sports car second from back in front of Pontiac dealership - 1988 Pontiac Banshee concept car / substituted for 1985 Saab EV-1 concept car in the non-Marty shots, likely due to availability
faded red old car, in front of orange vege shop - plain old Volkswagen Beetle (duh)
silver boxy futuristic car - from "The Last Starfighter" (1984)
red classic looking sports car - 1965 Gene Winfield Strip Car
black car, seen only briefly - "Bladerunner' Spinner (1982), modified and painted black
white three wheeled vehicle in front of true blues / pizza hut - Pulse autocycle (they apparently had several of these, although I'm not sure how many of them show up in the movie)

Griff's car - BMW 633 CSI Cabriolet

Yellow scooter bike thingy across from corner of cafe '80s - labelled as a Honda Wasp, probably custom made, as I can't find any info on it

white car in front of antiques store - 1987 Pontiac Pursuit concept car

silver car that goes past after Marty first crosses the road - Chevrolet Express 1987 concept car

red van in background of several shots, including when Marty first crosses the street, and when Marty is getting into the Delorean - 1986 Pontiac Trans-Sport concept car

dark green bus/van that stops near the Cafe '80s - from "Supervan" (1977), modified

pink classic car - 1959 Ford Edsel

red car that flies down landing ramp - late 1980's Ford Mustang

white car with blue stripes, seen as Marty is entering Courthouse square, and as Marty is entering the Delorean - 1987 Ford Tempo

car that Marty grabs onto during the chase - Jeep Wrangler YJ

Plus at least 3 1989 Ford Probes, modified to look more futuristic with longer windshield (red, dark grey, gold)

I've still been working my way down the North side of Courthouse Square, which aren't featured that heavily in the movies, so there's not as much reference for certain angles. And I've also noticed that the blueprints don't take into account the slight gradient of the ground, so I've been working through that to get it accurate. It's also proved to be a pain for camera matching.
But here's what I've got so far-

test136.jpg

Hi,
You are as bad as me with attention to detail haha.. Long lost brothers? lol It's looking great!
I just had a look through my OE trip photos from 96 to see if I had anything of use for you but sadly not. I then went over to my garage and dug through my BTTF books and items and came up with a few photos you might be interested in from old Starlog magazines and the Card set that shows a few cars.
Flick me a PM with your Email addy and I'll send them over the ditch to you if interested..... you may have already seen what I have but the offer is there if you want it.
Mat

Hi,
You are as bad as me with attention to detail haha.. Long lost brothers? lol It's looking great!
I just had a look through my OE trip photos from 96 to see if I had anything of use for you but sadly not. I then went over to my garage and dug through my BTTF books and items and came up with a few photos you might be interested in from old Starlog magazines and the Card set that shows a few cars.
Flick me a PM with your Email addy and I'll send them over the ditch to you if interested..... you may have already seen what I have but the offer is there if you want it.
Mat

Thanks! I think I'll take you up on that offer. That first pic you posted is already something I haven't seen, showing a section of Courthouse Square I have little reference for, the area of the backlot past the Holomax. I couldn't for the life of me figure out where that Surrogate parenting center was tucked away!

Yep, I saw that a while ago while researching the Cafe '80s. It's actually extremely inaccurate and lacking in details, although the rendering is very nice.

The orange car (number 81) looks like it's just a repainted spinner! Should be loads of reference for that one!

It IS just a repainted spinner! I don't recall seeing an orange spinner in the scene, but there's a black one in there that they don't show too clearly, perhaps for that very reason.
It turns out only a couple of the vehicles in the scene were made from scratch, including the cop car and the Texaco car, with the rest all being either re-purposed from older productions, wild concept cars, or modified present day cars.

It'd be a dream come true to have a scaled model kit of the Hill Valley 2015 set! Any chance of making that happen?

Definitely thinking about it. I'd love to have it to scale with something like the Hot Wheels Delorean, but that would still put the Courthouse alone at 1.5ft wide, let alone the entire scene. :eek

Still working my way down the north side. I've been working on this building near the back, which I don't have a lot of reference for, so I'm mostly working from old backlot photos. Nothing too exciting to look at, sorry. :unsure

test137.jpg

I think the orange Spinner was only seen at Lyon Estates (that's the name of it, right?). The black Spinner is parked in the square somewhere, near the Pizza Hut. Apologies if you already have this pic.

Let me know if you need any references on the Texaco car, I have a few pics.

-MJ

Attachments

• Future-1.jpg
    Future-1.jpg
    418.4 KB · Views: 156
I think the orange Spinner was only seen at Lyon Estates (that's the name of it, right?). The black Spinner is parked in the square somewhere, near the Pizza Hut. Apologies if you already have this pic.

Let me know if you need any references on the Texaco car, I have a few pics.

-MJ

Oh yes, you're right. Just as the flying cop car turns into the street, you can see the spinner on the corner house. It's dark, so you need to be looking for it. It makes sense, since the photo I have of the orange spinner is in front of the house. Duh! I've been focusing on Courthouse Square, so I've overlooked the other little bits of the future scenes. I've got all of the cars in Courthouse Square figured out from what I can tell though.

I've already got plenty of good reference for the Texaco car, so if it's something you've found on the internet, chances are pretty high I've already got it. But just incase, I'd be interested to see it to make sure I haven't missed any good reference. Thanks. :)

My mistake - Hilldale.

Here are the shots I have of the Texaco car. From the background, it too looks like it may have been used in Hilldale.

I also have some of the Part II trading cards. Not that they're hard to find, and I don't have a complete set, but I can scan some of them that show the cars and the set, if you like.

-MJ

Attachments

• _wsb_504x365_Back+to+the+Future+other+8.jpg
    _wsb_504x365_Back+to+the+Future+other+8.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 216
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 154
  • 5106781380_eb096ebaf3.jpg
    5106781380_eb096ebaf3.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 157
  • B10.jpg
    B10.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 141
  • B13.jpg
    B13.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 143
My mistake - Hilldale.

-MJ

Bah, I knew what you meant! :D

I did have those pics of the Texaco car, but thanks. MattyJ kindly scanned several trading cards for me, although I'm not sure if that was a full set, so you may have some different ones. If you could scan those, that would be great. :)

I'll scan the ones I have that show the backlot & cars, then.

Isn't there supposed to be a 7-Eleven under the Texaco station? We never really get a good look at that...

-MJ

I'll scan the ones I have that show the backlot & cars, then.

Isn't there supposed to be a 7-Eleven under the Texaco station? We never really get a good look at that...

-MJ

This is about the clearest image I have of it. The problem is that it's not well lit relative to the daylight, so even though it's seen in the movie and in photos, there's not enough light to make out much.

hv23.jpg

edit: Actually, I just found a video that shows a bit of detail, from 0:55.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a great shot of the 7-Eleven, relatively speaking.

Here are the relevant cards I have. I hope some of these are useful.

-MJ

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    535.7 KB · Views: 161
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    612 KB · Views: 142
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    573.9 KB · Views: 137
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    601.7 KB · Views: 137
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    610.4 KB · Views: 124
  • 18.jpg
    18.jpg
    609.5 KB · Views: 122
  • 20.jpg
    20.jpg
    596.1 KB · Views: 133
  • 23.jpg
    23.jpg
    583.8 KB · Views: 138
  • 25.jpg
    25.jpg
    615.8 KB · Views: 119
  • 81.jpg
    81.jpg
    600.6 KB · Views: 159
  • 86.jpg
    86.jpg
    643.1 KB · Views: 135
  • 83.jpg
    83.jpg
    557.8 KB · Views: 135
  • 84.jpg
    84.jpg
    581.8 KB · Views: 138
  • 85.jpg
    85.jpg
    577.6 KB · Views: 138
Let me know if you need HD screencaps, too, as I am happy to help.

Parking meters, misc. things like that...

Do you have a good shot of Hyata's?

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back