Propworx Closing its Doors

Thanks Alec for the opportunity for me to purchase some great BSG backup props, as well as those great catalogs!

Looking forward to see what you come up w/ regarding the Star Trek collection.

Keep us posted!

Sad to hear about this. Seems like the studios would rather let the items get moldy in a warehouse or throw them out eventually than make some cash off them.

Alec - Thanks for bringing BSG, Stargate, and Star Trek into my home. It was a great run - sad to it end.

Sean mentioned this below - are there plans to keep the auction archives online?

Thank you all for the kind words! Propworx was an auction house that we built and did teh things that we as collectors wanted to see. Thus the awesome catalogs, the state of the art COA's, the holograms, etc.

All you guys are very gracious and make me feel good about what we did!

THANK YOU!

Alec

Thanks man! You know, these things happen. Propworx is my fourth major venture. There will be more.

What is funny is a certain person sent around an email to my friends and colleagues noting that Propworx was going out of business. As if to embarrass me. Well, Propworx raised the bar on the auction industry and it will be a long time till someone does an auction like the BSG ones. So why would I be embarrassed?

Tells you more about that ******* who is trying to embarass me, than it does about me!

Alec

Last edited:
That's such a shame that others are being, well, douches, Alec. =/ But, you're right in that it does much to showcase their (lack of) character. I have no idea who you're referring to, or what it's all about, but there's no need for folks to trash each other through mailing lists or direct emails if that's what's going on. Again, best wishes to you on all of the fun stuff that you have going on! =)

Just a quick follow-up to make sure that you received my email from a few days back. Reply if you feel the urge and thanks again!

Best,

Terry

Last edited:
Thanks Terry. Yeah it is amazing how one certain person feels the need to attack me and try and make me look bad. What does it say about that person? You are right. No character.

If I didn't reply to you, make sure you get back with me again.

Alec

I am very sad to hear about this. I alwa enjoyed the catalogs and auctions even though I never won anything. I still felt apart of it and a little closer to the movies and shows through the presentation of the props.

Thank you for your work. I still enjoy browsing through the online archives. Will these still be open? It is a wonderful resource for fans.

May your next venture be even more satisfying than the last.

Best,
DBCooper

Yes DB, we are keeping the website up and I even had a very generous offer from someone here to host the site moving forward.

One fo the things we really focused on was archiving and having info for everyone to reference in the future. Now Liveauctioneers and iCollector do a very good job of that. But the system we used for the Battlestar auctions didn't, so it is important to keep that up.

There is a lot of passion in what we do and we are colelctors who think like you after all!

Alec

Sorry to hear about the end of Propworx Alec.

I have only great memories of Alec and the gang at Propworx. From getting a pair of unsolicited surprise BSG prop catalogs in my mailbox to my Adama Cylon War print, Alec and the Propworx group are aces in my book. They exceeded in engaging fans of the series they represented and created an awesome experience for all of us.

Thanks for a great run and all the awesome work you did with BSG for us fans Alec!

-Shiny_Mike

Sorry to hear about the closure, Alec.
A friend of mine in the prop business had the pleasure of meeting you a couple of years ago at your Comic Con booth, and said a lot of nice things about you and your company. I hope the future holds better things for you.

Everyone here is so appreciative of Alec and Propworx. That's really nice. But what about the hundreds of thousands of dollars that are owed to Propworx's creditors who will evidently never see a dime? I see not a single sympathetic word to the various companies that helped finance the business, only to get the shaft when things didn't work. Here's the people that Propworx left hanging:

PropworxCred.jpg

This stuff is public record – anyone can find it.

It's clear that there is bad blood between you two, Don, and I'm sorry that has happened for whatever reason. Infighting in such a community is never a good thing and is most certainly regrettable. Since you have made the accusation of "hundreds of thousands of dollars" owed to creditors, could you please post supporting documentation, such as a copy of the schedule of creditors with amounts that were filed with the petition, so that those that may be interested to learn more can decide for themselves? As a newcomer to the community, and a person that's been around the block a few times while being the unfortunate witness to many public personality conflicts, I've learned that nothing proves a point quite like independent evidence.

I'm afraid that a quick Google search only netted the same vague site that you've screen captured and included, so I'll reserve judgment. That said, if the court finds that any funny business occurred then I'm sure that the petition would be denied and sanctions levied. Otherwise, bankruptcy is a right in this country, both personally and for businesses, like it or not -- I personally don't like it, because I'm a big fan of reaping what you sew to help keep ones moral and financial centers calibrated, but I don't make the rules and don't hold it against anyone that exercises that right.

My dealings/purchases from Propworx proper were nothing but a class act, although my dealings with a person that I understand was once involved with Propworx (not Alec) after the fact has unfortunately left a lot to be desired (as of this post, anyway), but that is the only basis on which I have to form an opinion of Propworx to date. Your mileage may, and almost certainly does, vary.

Don,

Also, my due diligence turned up this Wikipedia article:

Propworx - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It was created on 8-28-2012 and has a rather negative slant in the wording, based only on my opinion, and I mean negative in that someone with an axe to grind typically posts/edits such unbalanced information. To satisfy my own curiosity only, are you perhaps the person behind the pseudonym "Propper von Richthofen" that created the page and wrote the verbiage?

Again, just curious...

Don,

Also, my due diligence turned up this Wikipedia article:

Propworx - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It was created on 8-28-2012 and has a rather negative slant in the wording, based only on my opinion, and I mean negative in that someone with an axe to grind typically posts/edits such unbalanced information. To satisfy my own curiosity only, are you perhaps the person behind the pseudonym "Propper von Richthofen" that created the page and wrote the verbiage?

Again, just curious...
As you should know by now, Terry, I don't hide behind anything or anyone. I state my views in the light of day, clearly and specifically. And I never state things I can't prove. For your information, my creditor list did not come from the site you mention but from a government database that has more information. Much more. I'll be writing a Blog article about it soon.

As you should know by now, Terry, I don't hide behind anything or anyone. I state my views in the light of day, clearly and specifically. And I never state things I can't prove. For your information, my creditor list did not come from the site you mention but from a government database that has more information. Much more. I'll be writing a Blog article about it soon.

Good to know, Don, and since I don't have a PACER account, and have no interest in paying for access, to get copies of the actual documents filed with the court, I'll look forward to reading your blog post for specifics. In the end, at least to me, it ultimately really doesn't matter, at least until all of the facts come to light as you imply, but I'll give the benefit of the doubt to all and assume that there's more going on between you two than has been made public. Otherwise it all seems a tad vindictive. Again, your mileage may vary, and judgment will be reserved (not that my opinion matters either way in the grand scheme) until I have more facts to consider since this interests me for some morbid reason... likely due to naïveté as a newcomer.

I had to check the date to make sure this wasn't an April fools joke. I haven't received a Propworx email in a while. But you would think studios want to sell movie props. If anything to add to the profitability of a movie.

I regret to see Propworx closing. I took part in both Battlestar and Stargate auctions, won my first two props from there, and seeing Alec closing the doors of the place is really sad for me. I was hoping in the future to see you guys doing a Supernatural or Fringe auction, but hey, it was a good time while we could :)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back