Batman Begins Batsuit Closet

No more progress on the closet just yet, but a couple of other things...

First, though the Batman Begins suit closet is my big project, I also love the gadgets from the 1989 film, and though I have no plans to do a n 89 suit, I do love this belt I've been working on. The buckle and pods are metal, from Henry Wayne, and the belt strap is the 1988 Chevy truck side trim that was used to mold the original belts. I've been repainting and refinishing it, and I'm just about done. Here's a test shot with the belt laying across the center. When it's all done and reassembled, of course, the buckle will connect the two ends and a flattened out shot like this won't be possible. But this gives an idea. I know the color is not accurate to 89 or Returns, but that's fine with me.

http://i.imgur.com/hZktlrL.jpg

Back in the Nolan universe, I just received this beautiful piece today. It really deserves its own review thread, which will be coming shortly:

http://i.imgur.com/HqKe4HL.jpg

Quoting myself to point out, this is the belt teased here: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=175264&page=4&highlight=leitprops

dnNXreW.jpg

Pretty excited about this...

I wish this post was getting more attention. The Begins suit is one of the absolute best suits there was and noone is really paying a ton of attention to how good yours is looking.

I wish this post was getting more attention. The Begins suit is one of the absolute best suits there was and noone is really paying a ton of attention to how good yours is looking.
I agree his is looking damn good and this is def the second best bat suit ever haha...I am a batfleck fan boy when it comes to suits tho lol. And btw you're work is amazing!

All credit to the suit pieces should go to Kevin (coofunkcurly on the RPF). The belt is from leiter22. I'm happy to take all the credit for the armoire, but that's all :)

Is leiter22 actually releasing his belt, or was it only to a select few? I've been waiting for that belt to become available since he started his project.

Excellent work on the cabinet! Really exciting to watch it come along! That suit is awesome as well and the belt is just ridiculous! (as in fantastic). Congratulations, your hard work and attention to detail have resulted in something truly special!

Couple of updates. As I posted in the "show your batsuits" thread, I finally got my armor pieces mounted to the undersuit. Those photos shows just the top half, but this past weekend I got the legs mounted too. So the Batsuit is 100% complete!*

dbG66jg.jpg

KqcMuMI.jpg

And now here's the first photo of the completed torso hanging in the closet. I still have all the work to finish on the doors, which includes installing the handle/gear system, building the bottom grilles, and mounting the batarangs. But the interior is all done.

NRYWj5d.jpg

*Aside from the cape clip installation. I have them, but if the suit is going to spend half the time in the closet, I don't want the cape clip holes visible. And I just can't bring myself to cut holes into this perfect torso. I'll have to figure out something else.

Very nice work Greg! What undersuit did you end up going with?

That magnet idea is amazing. Would it hold a cape while wearing or the pull would be just too great?

The undersuit is accurate but I don't know who made it. Got it second hand from a BOTB member who never used it, and he can't recall who made it either.

I mounted mine a little higher than most reference I saw, but it worked out well because my boots are a tight fit also, so I just have the bottom 1/4 or so of the calf armor dipping into the boot.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back