Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Subscribe
  1. AKA Eric Beeks RPF Premium Member hdtheater's Avatar
    From
    Dallas, TX
    Feb 21, 2017, 9:36 PM - Re: Batman Begins Batsuit Closet #126

This is coming together nicely. Love the progress!
    Feb 21, 2017, 10:42 PM - Re: Batman Begins Batsuit Closet #127

Thanks! Didn't you make my ring?
  3. AKA Eric Beeks RPF Premium Member hdtheater's Avatar
    From
    Dallas, TX
    Feb 21, 2017, 10:45 PM - Re: Batman Begins Batsuit Closet #128

gregday said: View Post
    Thanks! Didn't you make my ring?

I did! Been watching your progress ever since.

-Eric
    Feb 23, 2017, 9:38 AM - Re: Batman Begins Batsuit Closet #129

Got a punch list of little items to fix up:
    - Crown molding trim pieces need to be detailed (there are 3 dots to carve in every curved section) and stained
    - Cut the hole(s) in the ceiling for the locking post(s) to insert. In doing so, decide whether I want both vertical or one vertical/one horizontal
    - Thin cover pieces need to be attached on the outer front edges to cover the outer halves of the hinges
    - The bottom handles came loose while staining the door backs, so need to re-secure those
    - Pressure switch in the door to auto activate the overhead lights
    - Find some sort of diffuser cover for the lights so they aren't so intense and focused
    - Mount Batarangs!
    Feb 23, 2017, 9:22 PM - Re: Batman Begins Batsuit Closet #130

Gear rack mounting tonight. So, due to reasons I'll need to mount the right assembly vertically, and the left assembly horizontally. But that's okay -- that's accurate!

However, what's not accurate is that I won't be able to put one of the lock bar bracers right on the edge of the door. There just isn't room. So both will go on the inner side of the gear... which is okay. The gear still turns and the bar still moves smoothly and securely. I will however need to trim that bar so only about 2 inches protrudes over the door edge.

So basically, the right door will lock into the ceiling, and the left door will lock into the right door.

Apr 13, 2017, 11:15 AM - Re: Batman Begins Batsuit Closet #131

A few more small sub-projects wrapping up. I have now (what I believe to be the first ever) accurate replica Grapple Gun darts. These are 3D printed resin by Futurescape3D. I need to bore out a deeper opening in the gun barrel to push them in all the way.

Photos of the 100% finished closet coming soon.
    Nov 2, 2017, 5:13 PM - Re: Batman Begins Batsuit Closet #132

Update on the Batman 1989 project (maybe that should be a separate thread?):

Custom foam is finished for the Batman (1989) weapons.

Almost everything fits perfectly, except the batarang. I mistakenly used my resin batarang for this cutout shape, and this metal one has slightly different curves at the tips and won't fit (all the props you see here are metal, including the emblem). That's OK , won't be too hard to fix.

This block is about 36" tall, so my vault will be around 42-44". The idea is to use the movie suit vault as the basis for the design, but instead of having a suit in the vault and the weapons on the inner side of the door, use the entire smaller scale vault as the weapons holder. I'll build with a rotating wheel handle and interlocking bars and pins, but the vault will be mixed construction media with a convincing paint job instead of being actual iron or steel. Other than my 89 utility belt, I have no plans to build an 89 batsuit.

Also planning to modify the gauntlet to add a lock and trigger. It has the full range of motion and a tight spring to make the barrels flip out, but nothing to lock and release them. There's no reason that part couldn't be made fully functional, even if the gas cylinders are never able to shoot anything.
  8. RPF Premium Member 13doctorwho's Avatar
    From
    Houston, Texas
    Nov 2, 2017, 6:25 PM - Re: Batman Begins Batsuit Closet #133

Your working on the Batman 89 vault too. I know you're not putting a suit in it, but that still awesome! Very jealous of both projects. Your attention to detail is mind blowing!!!!
  9. Key Master RPF Premium Member Nexus6's Avatar
    From
    Off-world colonies (or as I like to call it: Florida)
    Nov 6, 2017, 1:37 PM - Re: Batman Begins Batsuit Closet #134

gregday said: View Post
    A few more small sub-projects wrapping up. I have now (what I believe to be the first ever) accurate replica Grapple Gun darts. These are 3D printed resin by Futurescape3D. I need to bore out a deeper opening in the gun barrel to push them in all the way.
    That is FRAKKING awesome, dude. I've been waiting for somebody to do this. They look perfect!
    1 Week Ago  Nov 30, 2017, 10:25 AM - Re: Batman Begins Batsuit Closet #135

Picked up a copy of Volume 3 of "The Ha Ha Times", the Jokerized defaced version of The Gotham Times from the viral marketing campaign.

I had assumed these were just alternate prints of the regular Gotham Times newspapers, but they aren't. It appears they started out as regular versions and all the crazy ransom-note style cut & paste lettering is really pasted, and the ink they used for the blood is really soaked in; those spots have a different texture.

Anyone know how many of these Jokerized versions they made for the campaign?
    From
    San Diego, CA
    2 Days Ago  Dec 10, 2017, 11:12 AM - Re: Batman Begins Batsuit Closet #136

Hey Greg, sent ya a PM re Boot beacons.