eFX SCOUT TROOPER HELMET LEGEND EDITION!!

In the end I'm glad I have the RS (and LW). Will keep the EFX too, in the future I might sell it, there are always collectors of licensed replicas.

All I know is that mine will go straight onto ebay once it arrives next week. Wish I would have saved my money and got the RS kit instead. Which I will be doing immediately after selling the efx. The gap is nonsensical?!

Is a big gap, and quite unnecessary since with smaller gap you can open and close both my LW and RS properly. But you can flip over the EFX visor, though not sure why would you want that. The EFX helmet is not the worst Scout helmet out there. There are angles where it looks quite good. But overall it has some issues, to be expected on a PCR or Black Series helmet, but not on a LE. EFX could have done a much better job, but rushed it in the last months as a result to their long delays and people rightfully complaining to Disney. Quite unprofessional from a company, which made some great pieces in the past too...

All I know is that mine will go straight onto ebay once it arrives next week. Wish I would have saved my money and got the RS kit instead. Which I will be doing immediately after selling the efx. The gap is nonsensical?!

Keep it for a year or so, it will raise in value, since there are big licensed collectors out there

What if the RS kits sell out by then? I'd be surprised if the value increased 10%, if at all, in a year's time.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

There are collectors out there who wouldn't even look at a RS or LW or any other unlicensed prop replica or helmet. These are the collectors who will always buy these licensed collectibles no matter the looks or accuracy

The main reason I’m ranting on about the EFX Limited is that like you I’ve got the full >$900 sunk into the "Legend" edition. Given the lousy level of effort and care that’s clearly gone into this one - it suggests to me the Legend is going to be equally poor.

Cheers

Jez

It will be easier for a UFO full of hot alien chicks to land in my backyard than EFX to make the Legend accurately and without any issues. Mark my words :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got an email from Sideshow that they are selling the EFX limited scout helmet. I thought they were all sold out? After seeing the issues with the end product, I think I will avoid this one.

As this thread is/was originally about the Legend ABS Scout helmet, we need to make sure that just because the fiberglass scout helmets are finally being delivered, that we remember that we have had no update whatsoever on the Legend. Why can't EFX at least have the decency to let us know whats going on with it?

Are Disney ok with people still waiting four years later for the Legend and not having any updates on it, as long as the Limited versions are being shipped?

As this thread is/was originally about the Legend ABS Scout helmet, we need to make sure that just because the fiberglass scout helmets are finally being delivered, that we remember that we have had no update whatsoever on the Legend. Why can't EFX at least have the decency to let us know whats going on with it?

Are Disney ok with people still waiting four years later for the Legend and not having any updates on it, as long as the Limited versions are being shipped?

Keith, a number of us on Rebelscum started a coordinated mailing campaign to the Disney licensing team a few months back - which appears to have accelerated EFX's delivery of the Limited helmet (for what it’s worth, given the final product!). We’re continuing this for the Legend, as to be bunt we just want this shoddy mess of a project finished!

Disney appears to be very interested in this issue so we'll see if further pressure from them results in some kind of action from EFX.

However, I have to say that my expectations following the Limited are very low. I genuinely think a quality screen-accurate Scout helmet is beyond them

Cheers

Jez

This has sort of turned into a RS props discussion; so I thought I'd mention the Red 5 and Snowtrooper helmets are back up for sale. Was torn but ended up grabbing a Red 5 for myself. Figure I'll grab the snowtrooper later as a kit.

Sold my efx LE on eBay and immediately ordered from RS. It came today and very glad I went with RS :)

BA0BAB06-35EF-4879-9253-73A042A14CDD.jpeg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back