eFX SCOUT TROOPER HELMET LEGEND EDITION!!

GINO

Sr Member
EFX is pleased to announce the latest helmet in the Legend Edition line.
SCOUT TROOPER!

Our helmet was created by utilizing the original ROTJ production molds which as far as I know is the first time that original production molds from the original trilogy have been used to create a licensed collectible.
How awesome is that?!

The original screen-used helmets were made in vac formed plastic halves which were then glued together.
The seam lines were filled with putty and sanded (relatively) smooth and then the entire helmet was painted white.
The seam lines on the original helmets were very fragile and every known original has cracks in the paint in these areas.
Because of vulnerability of the seam lines as well as the production and CS nightmare it would surely cause, the decision was made to create our replicas in fiberglass.
Even though the materials will be different, every other aspect of the helmet will be as screen accurate as possible including the overall forms, paint, detailing, accessories, and function.

There will be two different editions, a weathered screen-accurate version and a clean non-weathered version.
We are not quite sure at this point if the weathered version will become the Legend with the clean version becoming the Limited as it happened with the ANH Vader.
For the time being, we're just going to label them 'weathered screen-accurate' and 'clean'.
Both versions will be identical with the exception of the weathering effect.

Hope you enjoy the pics!!

weathered screen-accurate version

scout_lgd_1.jpg

scout_lgd_2.jpg

scout_lgd_3.jpg

scout_lgd_4.jpg

scout_lgd_5.jpg

scout_lgd_6.jpg

scout_lgd_7.jpg

scout_lgd_8.jpg

scout_lgd_9.jpg

clean version

scout_ltd_1.jpg

scout_ltd_2.jpg

scout_ltd_3.jpg

scout_ltd_4.jpg

scout_ltd_5.jpg

scout_ltd_6.jpg

Last edited:
If I ever decide to get this I'll go with clean version. It's more impressive IMO. I'm also not 100% sure eFX will manage to offer a good weathering.

PS I'll be at C6 so be sure to stop by the efx booth if you want to discuss any particulars or check out the helmet up close and personal.

SUPER COOL! Anyone else here ever think that the scout looks like Ghost Face from Scream? Maybe it's just me. haha

Also my first thought!

Other Question:

Is there any Screenused Starwars-Helmet out there symetrical (except the ROTS-Vader) ?

Looks like a runnig gag that every helmet is asymetrical...

Looks nice. Cause its no Vader lid, i dont have any problems with the wrong material which is used for this helmet. A few questions would be interesting especially for us Non-US-customers:

Will both versions be available from EU-Retailers or just directly from eFX?

Are there any differences between the Legend and Limited beside the weathering?

When will the pre-order start and can you give us an estimate price on this helmet?

thanks in advance

All good questions, Darth Niob. Hopefully they'll be addressed.

If I'm not mistaken, it was stated after the Vader helmet, Legend editions would be available through retailers/distributors for EU customers. Though I have also read this weathered "screen accurate" edition will only be available via eFX. Perhaps Gino or Brian would like to clarify?

As for the helmet itself, overall it looks very nice indeed. However, I'm still not liking the visible fibreglass on the underside of the visor.

Last edited:
All good questions, Darth Niob. Hopefully they'll be addressed.

If I'm not mistaken, it was stated after the Vader helmet, Legend editions would be available through retailers/distributors for EU customers. Though I have also read this weathered "screen accurate" edition will only be available via eFX. Perhaps Gina or Brian would like to clarify?

As for the helmet itself, overall it looks very nice indeed. However, I'm still not liking the visible fibreglass on the underside of the visor.

That is what I thought as well. But to be honest I'm not sure if to trust eFX stories anymore. Hopefully at least the clean one (which I could be interested in) might be available elsewhere as well. But as usual with eFX we could find out it will be not...

They look nice, but in my humble opinion the weathering on the weathered option needs to be improved upon, it looks quite a lot like rattlecan overspray to me, I hope this can be seen as a constructive criticism as these helmets look amazing, I just think that particular finish could be improved to reflect the greatness of the piece

That is what I thought as well. But to be honest I'm not sure if to trust eFX stories anymore. Hopefully at least the clean one (which I could be interested in) might be available elsewhere as well. But as usual with eFX we could find out it will be not...

You're not alone in that regard. It's becoming increasingly difficult to believe anything said, as there have been numerous contradictions in the past.

They look nice, but in my humble opinion the weathering on the weathered option needs to be improved upon, it looks quite a lot like rattlecan overspray to me, I hope this can be seen as a constructive criticism as these helmets look amazing, I just think that particular finish could be improved to reflect the greatness of the piece

I'm inclined to agree. Rattle can over-spray was my first thought also.

The originals had rattle can overspray hence the same on this. Also ya may get a better response if you don't call Gino...Gina.:lol

Nice work again Gino as usual. Glad they got you on board.

The originals had rattle can overspray hence the same on this.
Nice work again Gino as usual. Glad they got you on board.

You nailed it.
And thanks. :thumbsup

Here's a quick shot of an original helmet so you can see how they were weathered.
Whenever I looked at original helmets in the past, I never really paid much attention to their weathering. But once you start looking you sort of notice it.

original_scout.png

Last edited:
Every time I see a screen-used prop, my mind gets blown at how quick and dirty they're built. "We need to weather this!" "Just mist it with this spray can, and do it fast!" :p

Great job on the replica, it's spot-on. :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back