eFX SCOUT TROOPER HELMET LEGEND EDITION!!

Thats right..so it could be a fake?Did they used not the original wooden paterns to create their master?Nothing about that stands in the CoA from EFX on the pics.Only things like "screenused prop,reference materials and photos from the Lucas museum.:unsure

But EFX could also have forgotten to complete the plaques with the right markings.:lol

I think RS Scout will still remain the best.
When I got the photos yesterday didn't realize they used the cheap acrylic stand from the PCR helmets, thought the base was from those but the rod was a full circular rod, but instead we got this :(

So there were 750 Limiteds to be made in ABS? How many Legends were supposed to be made? And those were supposed to be fiberglass right?

LE's are made out of Fiberglass, and Legends out of ABS. Supposedly

Yes this stands are looking very cheap.But you can buy cast of the good old ones on ebay.
Something looks wrong to me when I look on the pics of the helmet..the snout greeblie looks very soft casted also.

left EFX..right my RS..look at the small details on the lower section of the snout.

31929080xv.jpg

I would also not put a heavy fiberglasshelmet on this stand.But if the Scout helmet is so leight weight like the Anovos Kylo Ren helmet,it could work.

Yes..that looks terrible.My RS from extreme close...nearer is not possible.

31931733jh.jpg

And the both together..it looks like that the visor is not closing the helmet or something.And that the line over the face is slightly too long.

31932016vh.jpg

Last edited:
The right eye area looks also cut too much...:unsure

31933969qj.jpg

Snoutgreeblie is also a lot too much glued to the right side.

Overall from those pics I don´t like it.:thumbsdown

I'm no expert at fiberglass casting, but the EFX helmet looks warped. As if the left side was pushed in too far.
The RS helmet looks much better in comparison.

I had totally forgotten that these EFX clean versions were made out of fiberglass.

As its took all these years to produce the fiberglass one, i don't believe we will ever receive the ABS version and i wouldn't be surprised if EFX already know that we will never receive them.

Keith

I'm with Keith on this one .
They are too,hard to build to be commercially viable, especially if you are relying on Chinese craftsmen to construct them to a time schedule.

I'm with Keith on this one .
They are too,hard to build to be commercially viable, especially if you are relying on Chinese craftsmen to construct them to a time schedule.

Not right at all. Those chinese craftsmen did a not so bad job on the first batch of build Anovos ST helmets. I got a lot of much worse done stuff from the US.

Had to quote you as tag isn't working Jez, do you have yours?

No - nothing

As jkno and others have said, it’s not as accurate as the RS (which I’m really glad I already have). I’ve not personally handled the lone wolf but that also looks better than the EFX too. As soon as they announced the Limited would be fiberglass four years ago it was clear it was never going to be "THE" most accurate. Then they announced the Legend in ABS but clearly realised too late it was a bigger task than they could easily undertake - so kept delaying hoping problems would resolve themselves.

Very disappointing.

Cheers

Jez

I think it was never the plan to build the Legend version the same way like the Originals.They will only use the ORIGINAL material.That is ABS plastic.So I think the legend will have the same feeling like the PCR Vaderhelmets.So I think this version could look a lot better in shape as this wonky fiberglass version.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back