eFX SCOUT TROOPER HELMET LEGEND EDITION!!

I have seen two separate posts on the various forums that say their helmets cracked after arrival while just being displayed.

Also I seem to remember reading problems with their delivery time so I just wanted solid current information.

I am not up to dealing with any prop maker who says you will have it in a few weeks and years later you are still waiting for it.

I am not saying RS is one of those, I am in fact asking if that is the case.

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

I am debating the EFX versus RS. EFX makes (whenever they deliver) great helmets. Gap aside the EFX looks awesome so I am just wondering which to go with.

Thanks

I would speculate it's similar to the thermal shock ANOVOS items experienced coming across that ocean. The lineage Scout helmets are made of two vac-formed halves glued together with a reinforcing strip along the seam on the inside. That will always be a weak point, even if no physical mechanical pressure is applied. I always prefer kits where possible, partially so I can make any modifications or such prior to things getting put together, and partially so that when parts are joined, filled, smoothed, and painted, it's all approximately in the environmental conditions in which it'll be kept. And even when I can't get a kit, I'm likely to carefully tear down the assembled item to rework it from the ground up, for the same reasons. Not always, but often.

I have seen two separate posts on the various forums that say their helmets cracked after arrival while just being displayed.

Are you sure the posts weren’t about the RS stormtrooper helmets? I’ve seen posts talking about how easy they crack, and can agree as I’ve got one that was extremely fragile and did indeed crack along the tubes?

I also have their biker scout helmet and it is much sturdier/thicker plastic, with no apparent problems.

Are you sure the posts weren’t about the RS stormtrooper helmets? I’ve seen posts talking about how easy they crack, and can agree as I’ve got one that was extremely fragile and did indeed crack along the tubes?

I also have their biker scout helmet and it is much sturdier/thicker plastic, with no apparent problems.

The forum posts were about the RS Stormtrooper helmets, not Scouts, from what I'm aware of. And I have 4 RS Stormtrooper helmets and no cracks so far

Nope, not sure about anything as I could not remember where I had seen them. That's why I wanted to ask.

Thanks so much for all the feedback. It's good to now it sounds like the problem has been solved.

Thanks again guys.

I would speculate it's similar to the thermal shock ANOVOS items experienced coming across that ocean. The lineage Scout helmets are made of two vac-formed halves glued together with a reinforcing strip along the seam on the inside. That will always be a weak point, even if no physical mechanical pressure is applied.

Ding! They're built the same way the originals were. Even the original helmets that have been on display have shown hairline cracks in the midpoint of the dome and back.

That said, RS makes a kit and it's challenging, but it's well made. Working on mine now. That it has lineage AND is wearable is a huge deal. The armour is an even bigger deal.

I have totally lost patience with this company.

Serious question - Ages ago some people I believe claimed refunds. Can I claim back my money from the credit card company?

Clearly no product is ever coming so surely the credit card companies can claim back money from these people?

Anyone know of or actually claimed a refund on here? If so how did you go about it? Did you contact eFX for refund or credit card company?

I have totally lost patience with this company.

Serious question - Ages ago some people I believe claimed refunds. Can I claim back my money from the credit card company?

Clearly no product is ever coming so surely the credit card companies can claim back money from these people?

Anyone know of or actually claimed a refund on here? If so how did you go about it? Did you contact eFX for refund or credit card company?
Most credit companies have a time limit you need to file a claim; I believe you're out of luck with that.
Frankly at that point both EFX and Disney don't care about delivering and complaining to them does nothing. The only option at this point would be a legal route and take them to small claims court.

There is a member here who is a Lawyer and made an offer to all members here to help with I think it was Anovos in getting refunds from them or some such thing.

Maybe he will chime in

Great to receive yet another email from eFX telling about the great products they have on a pre-order.

Good to see they are sticking to their successful business model of taking peoples money up front with no product to give back.

Disgrace of a company.

Exactly, yet we keep giving them our money. I have seen numerous people say they are getting the "Signature addition" Falcon and Blade Runner blaster. Putting aside they want over 2k more for just signatures, why are people supporting this company anymore?

Exactly, yet we keep giving them our money. I have seen numerous people say they are getting the "Signature addition" Falcon and Blade Runner blaster. Putting aside they want over 2k more for just signatures, why are people supporting this company anymore?
Seems to be more of the Rebelscum crowd that's supporting them. The fanbase at that site typically only purchase licensed items.

Don't they see the rubbish that some of you guys have had to put up with? I simply wouldn't buy anything from them unless it is in stock and you can see what it is your buying.

People don’t care until the issues affect them personally. There’ll always be a queue of folks unfamiliar with their shoddy business or that are just not bothered as long as they get their licenced item that they presume will sell for double in a few years.

Don't they see the rubbish that some of you guys have had to put up with? I simply wouldn't buy anything from them unless it is in stock and you can see what it is your buying.
Funny thing is the people at Rebelscum have put up with the same rubbish. Yet they still run to EFX when a new pre-order arrives. Some there are talking about how they can't wait to fork over $10,000 for a custom made Star Destroyer EFX is offering as a pre-order.

I sent EFX an email a few days ago asking for a status update on my Legend Scout. Nothing new but thought I would share.

“We apologize for the delay in this project. We are still experiencing manufacturing issues with this helmet. Since these helmets are vacuum formed (as opposed to injection molded or hand laid in fiberglass), we are experiencing variations from helmet to helmet. We are working closely with the factory’s engineering and Quality Control departments to resolve these issues.
Thanks, and once again, we thank you for your patience and apologize for any inconvenience caused!

EFX Cusyomer Service Team”

I sent EFX an email a few days ago asking for a status update on my Legend Scout. Nothing new but thought I would share.

“We apologize for the delay in this project. We are still experiencing manufacturing issues with this helmet. Since these helmets are vacuum formed (as opposed to injection molded or hand laid in fiberglass), we are experiencing variations from helmet to helmet. We are working closely with the factory’s engineering and Quality Control departments to resolve these issues.
Thanks, and once again, we thank you for your patience and apologize for any inconvenience caused!

With all these quality control issues it's a miracle garage builders have been able to offer vacformed kits for over a decade. Not to mention RS Props with their Biker Helmet; they must have information that's totally amazing to pull off such an impossible feat.

I have no dog in this fight but that email is laughable! I guess they assume people are stupid.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back