eFX SCOUT TROOPER HELMET LEGEND EDITION!!

Thats a horrible display stand..... It looks like they rushed it to get the helmet out because we kept hounding them.

Looks like a freaking shipyard crane :(

shpcrane860414.jpg

And this helmet has the jaw flaring too

I was very enthusiastic for these helmets to finally ship to customers, was so happy to get mine soon. Now I'm not so sure, really need to see it in hand to decide. :unsure

I was very enthusiastic for these helmets to finally ship to customers, was so happy to get mine soon. Now I'm not so sure, really need to see it in hand to decide. :unsure

Now that I looked at the photo and some other Scout helmets, it appears the whole jaw line is warped and screwed up. It is narrow and still manages to flair out. The original EFX photos do not show that.

Im so glad I never put money on this entire disaster.

I don't have a dog in this fight (planning to go with RS and MC for all of my Scout-y needs), but I feel the need to mention this thread is about the version that's still vaporware. So the Limited Edition is now shipping years and years late... But I want to see people getting their ABS helmets that were what I originally got excited about. Having built an MLC, a fiberglass Scout helmet is an awful idea. It is so front heavy as to be almost unwearable. As a display piece...? I suppose. But I prefer the ability to fix any issues like what these are showing. Something much, much easier with plastic than fiberglass.

--Jonah

I don't have a dog in this fight (planning to go with RS and MC for all of my Scout-y needs), but I feel the need to mention this thread is about the version that's still vaporware. So the Limited Edition is now shipping years and years late... But I want to see people getting their ABS helmets that were what I originally got excited about. Having built an MLC, a fiberglass Scout helmet is an awful idea. It is so front heavy as to be almost unwearable. As a display piece...? I suppose. But I prefer the ability to fix any issues like what these are showing. Something much, much easier with plastic than fiberglass.

--Jonah

These were announced as fiberglass from the get go. Go back to the first post. There are no ABS versions

--Jonah

MR and EFX LE fiberglass helmets are collectibles for display and less for trooping/costuming - for trooping there are better helmets out there. The Legend Scout should be the first accurate helmet made of ABS (if ever made) - if you don't take into consideration the Vader PCR.

The Legend version supposedly will be made of ABS.

From the post Gino made years ago.

The original screen-used helmets were made in vac formed plastic halves which were then glued together.
The seam lines were filled with putty and sanded (relatively) smooth and then the entire helmet was painted white.
The seam lines on the original helmets were very fragile and every known original has cracks in the paint in these areas.
Because of vulnerability of the seam lines as well as the production and CS nightmare it would surely cause, the decision was made to create our replicas in fiberglass.
Even though the materials will be different, every other aspect of the helmet will be as screen accurate as possible including the overall forms, paint, detailing, accessories, and function.

The only thing I wanted from the Legend was the blaster, because so far no one had cast a screen used Scout blaster. RS prop Masters Scout remains the true Legend. Heck, from the photos posted so far, my LoneWolf looks better than EFX...

Disney should step in and in person, see where they are upto (if anywhere) with the Legend ABS Scout helmets. Based on how likely or unlikely it is that they will be ready for shipping anytime soon they should decide what to do about EFX and decide quick. Tell them to stop any further production (If any has been made) and refund everyone, or continue production and get a move on.

As all the problems seem to be assembly of the helmets, another option could be to offer people the ABS helmet parts at a lower price than the original finished product. A lot of us could build the helmets ourselves and probably do a much better job at building them too. For those who can't, i bet they could get someone to build the helmet for them.

I think offering people the parts is the best option. EFX could get rid of this Scout helmet problem and still stay in business, rather than refunding everyone or declaring themselves bankrupt, as lets face it, those helmets are never getting finished are they EFX.

At this point, any "Mine Mine Mine, your not having what i have" geeky anorak type attitude should go right out of the window.
Give us what we paid for or give us our money back!

Keith

Oh dear this one is exactly the same, what a shame.
I expect they have been sitting on these for a while but not sure if they wanted to ship because of the obvious shortcomings.
The emails to Disney prob forced their hand into a release if that was the case.

Its weird how the pcr vader is so good.

So maybe the just should have gone that way first with this, and delivered on time to make funds to then go on and make a proper rs type screen accurate one later?

Its weird how the pcr vader is so good.

So maybe the just should have gone that way first with this, and delivered on time to make funds to then go on and make a proper rs type screen accurate one later?

I agree, they had no problem pounding out the Vader pcr in decent numbers for an affordable price, why cant they go that route with other helmets.

It can be that they had this wonky fiberglass helmets in a warehouse in china all the time.But now with disney and lucasfilm on the plan, they reworked this helmets a little bit,combined it with their terrible Plasticstand and shipped them out.

Look on the bright side, with all the cancellations that are going to come as a result of this, give it a few months and there’ll be loads of these floating round EBay, at bargain prices.:thumbsup

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back