eFX SCOUT TROOPER HELMET LEGEND EDITION!!

You have to believe Disney and LFL are highly aware of this. If was running LFL, and a licensed company came in to produce a mold from the screen used Boba Fett helmet (an example), and in the 5-7 years since, haven't produced an item to sell at retail, go in and seize all molds and casts produced. ...and especially seize all personally produced casts from those molds, considering they aren't a part of the licensing agreement.

However, if personal casts was a part of the licensing agreement, then it's moot - but I can't image LFL would have approved such an agreement.
I've never experienced a situation where employees could keep a personal cast in my professional career. Management didn't allow this as it's considered a violation of the licensing contract. EFX may have something else set up; but it would be counter to what I've personally seen.

I've never experienced a situation where employees could keep a personal cast in my professional career. Management didn't allow this as it's considered a violation of the licensing contract. EFX may have something else set up; but it would be counter to what I've personally seen.

Didn't Art state in this thread that he received a cast of the Fett helmet as "payment" for his work for EFX?

Last edited:
No idea. Like I said, EFX may have a different thing set up but it's quite different from what I've experienced first hand with Disney and Lucus.

Could have sworn he mentioned that in one of these threads. I know a friend's father out in California worked on a lot of popular films and he's been passed down a bunch of these props as a result.

eFX Business Model:

KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK.jpg

We all know that EFX is going under. This is exactly what "they" (now called EFX) did when they used to be master replicas. The same employees are changing their tshirt logos. All EFX is doing is creating another company so they can bankrupt the other not have to pay anybody back just like when they were Icons, then master replicas did in 2008. They're not the stupid ones the stupid ones are the people who actually continue to give them their money and don't understand that they're going to get nothing but the finger in the end.

We all know that EFX is going under. This is exactly what "they" (now called EFX) did when they used to be master replicas. The same employees are changing their tshirt logos. All EFX is doing is creating another company so they can bankrupt the other not have to pay anybody back just like when they were Icons, then master replicas did in 2008. They're not the stupid ones the stupid ones are the people who actually continue to give them their money and don't understand that they're going to get nothing but the finger in the end.

While I can certainly understand people's frustrations this is simply not a clear remembering of history. ICONS did not become MR and MR did not become eFX (although Bryan Ono did work for MR and is an owner of eFX). Beyond that, MRG is not the old eFX.

In the most abbreviated sense possible:

ICONS - Jim Latta
MR - Steve Dymszo/later Corgi
eFX - Bryan Ono
MRG - Steve Dymszo

Ok, I'm confused. I came along when people were missing MR and bemoaning eFX. So there was a death knell for MR heard here that the general populace (me included) missed out on? Well crap... this has been going on for a while.

While I can certainly understand people's frustrations this is simply not a clear remembering of history. ICONS did not become MR and MR did not become eFX (although Bryan Ono did work for MR and is an owner of eFX). Beyond that, MRG is not the old eFX.

In the most abbreviated sense possible:

ICONS - Jim Latta
MR - Steve Dymszo/later Corgi
eFX - Bryan Ono
MRG - Steve Dymszo

Speaking of all that, is there going to be a staff response to this thread - https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=252559

I notice MRGAmy's posts have been deleted.

It sucks that the season finale for Game of Thrones was last night, and we may have to wait 2 years until the next season starts, but hey, we have a new drama to watch unfold over the next few months right here!

EFX obviously knows where the bodies are buried.

Seriously. I mean, how on earth is their any other explanation? We're going on, or have we passed 4 years now with NOTHING on the scout and nothing else but cheap versions of stuff they already did? There's no way for them to have made enough money for one guy to keep a day job off their SW sales of the last 4 years. It's now officially a wasted license.

Seriously. I mean, how on earth is their any other explanation? We're going on, or have we passed 4 years now with NOTHING on the scout and nothing else but cheap versions of stuff they already did? There's no way for them to have made enough money for one guy to keep a day job off their SW sales of the last 4 years. It's now officially a wasted license.

But there are not cheap versions of stuff they already did, it's highly sought after chromed limited editions, something collectors had dreamed about for ages. :p

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back