Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Sep 2015
    From
    MALAYSIA
    Feb 9, 2018, 6:12 PM - Re: eFX SCOUT TROOPER HELMET LEGEND EDITION!! #1651

Do write the email and let the bigwigs in Lucasfilm and Disney know about this. Can't take this lying down any longer. It isn't fair to paying customers. It's not like a non-delivered pizza. We talking about a 600 bucks big ticket item. We truly deserve answers
    From
    Nashville, TN
    Feb 9, 2018, 9:05 PM - Re: eFX SCOUT TROOPER HELMET LEGEND EDITION!! #1652

Charlie Brown and the football... so sad.
  3. RPF Premium Member imaginager's Avatar
    From
    Willamette Valley, United States
    Feb 10, 2018, 1:09 PM - Re: eFX SCOUT TROOPER HELMET LEGEND EDITION!! #1653

JawaFong said: View Post
    Do write the email and let the bigwigs in Lucasfilm and Disney know about this. Can't take this lying down any longer. It isn't fair to paying customers. It's not like a non-delivered pizza. We talking about a 600 bucks big ticket item. We truly deserve answers
    I wrote both Howard and Chris. The more email they receive, the more likely it is that action could be taken. The Legend Edition was $899.00.
  4. Member Since
    Sep 2015
    From
    MALAYSIA
    Feb 10, 2018, 6:35 PM - Re: eFX SCOUT TROOPER HELMET LEGEND EDITION!! #1654

imaginager said: View Post
    I wrote both Howard and Chris. The more email they receive, the more likely it is that action could be taken. The Legend Edition was $899.00.
    Indeed. They might respond or they might not. But this has taken way too long. They sitting on tons of money paid by collectors for 4 long years. At least we do our part
    From
    Germany
    Feb 10, 2018, 7:15 PM - Re: eFX SCOUT TROOPER HELMET LEGEND EDITION!! #1655

Do you think that they still have the tons of money?If the company goes bankrupt the money is lost forever.Thats why I would never pay something full for a preorder.
    And for the EFX shipping+customfees to germany,I could buy me a second legend Scouthelmet.So can you really ever sell this for the double price or more one day?I say No.
    Look on the Vader legend helmet offers on ebay...the same guys.every week.And donīt forget the great RS scout helmet alternative.And the weathering of the EFX legend Scouthelmet looks very bad.Iīve never seen a so bad sprayed scouthelmet in the movie.All in all its no need to pay in full for this thing.My view.
    From
    Dracula's Castle
    Feb 11, 2018, 3:11 AM - Re: eFX SCOUT TROOPER HELMET LEGEND EDITION!! #1656

Kroenen77 said: View Post
    Do you think that they still have the tons of money?If the company goes bankrupt the money is lost forever.Thats why I would never pay something full for a preorder.
    And for the EFX shipping+customfees to germany,I could buy me a second legend Scouthelmet.So can you really ever sell this for the double price or more one day?I say No.
    Look on the Vader legend helmet offers on ebay...the same guys.every week.And donīt forget the great RS scout helmet alternative.And the weathering of the EFX legend Scouthelmet looks very bad.Iīve never seen a so bad sprayed scouthelmet in the movie.All in all its no need to pay in full for this thing.My view.
    It almost happened to me with Legend Vader: $700 shipping, to that add the VAT 20%, customs and I could have gotten a second helmet. Glad I got my Legend from a cool RPF member who sold it for a price close to US prices.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eFX FedEx Vader Legend shipping quote.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	46.2 KB 
ID:	794920
  7. Member Since
    Sep 2015
    From
    MALAYSIA
    Feb 11, 2018, 9:56 AM - Re: eFX SCOUT TROOPER HELMET LEGEND EDITION!! #1657

jkno said: View Post
    It almost happened to me with Legend Vader: $700 shipping, to that add the VAT 20%, customs and I could have gotten a second helmet. Glad I got my Legend from a cool RPF member who sold it for a price close to US prices.

Name:	eFX FedEx Vader Legend shipping quote.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	46.2 KB 
ID:	794920
    Yup. Their shipping is rubbish. They wanted 650 bucks to ship a Vader Legend to my country. Smh.
    From
    UK
    Feb 13, 2018, 1:57 AM - Re: eFX SCOUT TROOPER HELMET LEGEND EDITION!! #1658

An update on my previous post - Disney licensing has been in touch with a number of people on Rebelscum over the last few days regarding the near four year/no contact issue with the Scout Trooper Helmet. Disney licensing has said they are apparently 'actively' progressing this.

Just wanted everyone to see through EFX's stunt last week. Hopefully they will now be under pressure from Disney to make good on their promises.

Cheers

Jez
  9. Cast From Original RPF Premium Member sskunky's Avatar
    From
    UK.
    Feb 13, 2018, 1:59 AM - Re: eFX SCOUT TROOPER HELMET LEGEND EDITION!! #1659

Star Wars Helmets said: View Post
    An update on my previous post - Disney licensing has been in touch with a number of people on Rebelscum over the last few days regarding the near four year/no contact issue with the Scout Trooper Helmet. Disney licensing has said they are apparently 'actively' progressing this.

Just wanted everyone to see through EFX's stunt last week. Hopefully they will now be under pressure from Disney to make good on their promises.

Cheers

Jez
    Nice one Jez. Hope we finally see them one day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    From
    Palatine, IL
    Feb 13, 2018, 10:48 AM - Re: eFX SCOUT TROOPER HELMET LEGEND EDITION!! #1660

Star Wars Helmets said: View Post

Cheers

Jez
    Saw that as well. For everyone else here, here's the contact info for Stacy Barninger, the contact at Disney who oversees the Efx relationship.
    Stacy.Barninger@disney.com
    Feb 13, 2018, 3:48 PM - Re: eFX SCOUT TROOPER HELMET LEGEND EDITION!! #1661

Heh, I like to imagine that the conversation was something along the lines of Jerjerrod/Vader from the beginning of ROTJ...

Mouse: ”...we are most displeased with your apparent lack of progress.”

EFX: “We shall double our efforts!”
    From
    Ca
    Feb 13, 2018, 4:49 PM - Re: eFX SCOUT TROOPER HELMET LEGEND EDITION!! #1662

So in other words, their update translates to.....

"Stop sending Disney emails.

If we loose our license, how else will my cohorts and I going to get access to the original props and make the best replicas for ourselves with other peoples money with the guise of an actual business?!"
    Last edited by Whiskey; Feb 13, 2018 at 5:19 PM.
  13. RPF Premium Member
    From
    Baltimore, MD
    Feb 13, 2018, 5:04 PM - Re: eFX SCOUT TROOPER HELMET LEGEND EDITION!! #1663

Whether or not they actually deliver at this point is irrelevant in my opinion. Disney should pull the license regardless. I feel so bad for you guys. Thank God I wasn't that active here back when this started or I'd surely be in the same boat.
    From
    Manchester : UK
    Feb 13, 2018, 5:27 PM - Re: eFX SCOUT TROOPER HELMET LEGEND EDITION!! #1664

Whiskey said: View Post
    So in other words, their update translates to.....

"Stop sending them emails.

If we loose our license, how else will my cohorts and I going to get access to the original props and make the best replicas for ourselves with other peoples money with the guise of an actual business?!"
    If that were true, i don't even think i could feel any anger towards them, but rather pitty, as anyone with such low morals to put plastic and fiberglass before people are going to have a very sad lonely life.

Keith
    Feb 14, 2018, 5:13 AM - Re: eFX SCOUT TROOPER HELMET LEGEND EDITION!! #1665

Sad and lonely? But they have all their SW mannequins for company.
  16. Member Since
    Sep 2015
    From
    MALAYSIA
    Feb 14, 2018, 5:36 AM - Re: eFX SCOUT TROOPER HELMET LEGEND EDITION!! #1666

Till today, I will never know how they keep the company afloat. Paying licensing fees every year with nothing to sell except chromed vac-formed helmets. No wait! They stay afloat paying off licensing fees with our damn pre-order money. I have personally emailed Stacy as well. I don't need her to reply. Just want her to read the email and be aware of our plight. Hope the license is transferred to someone else.
  17. Member Since
    Dec 2015
    Feb 14, 2018, 5:46 AM - Re: eFX SCOUT TROOPER HELMET LEGEND EDITION!! #1667

JawaFong said: View Post
    Till today, I will never know how they keep the company afloat. Paying licensing fees every year with nothing to sell except chromed vac-formed helmets. No wait! They stay afloat paying off licensing fees with our damn pre-order money. I have personally emailed Stacy as well. I don't need her to reply. Just want her to read the email and be aware of our plight. Hope the license is transferred to someone else.
    Actually those are chromed injection molded helmets which is an odd choice for a high end replica company. Not even the manufacturing method is accurate compared to the originals.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk
    From
    UK
    Feb 14, 2018, 9:03 AM - Re: eFX SCOUT TROOPER HELMET LEGEND EDITION!! #1668

Whiskey said: View Post
    I’m hearing the individual who used to do this has now left the company.....

Cheers

Jez
    Last edited by Star Wars Helmets; Feb 14, 2018 at 1:29 PM. Reason: received a bit of relevant background info
    From
    Germany
    Feb 15, 2018, 6:51 PM - Re: eFX SCOUT TROOPER HELMET LEGEND EDITION!! #1669

My RS kit "Legend"is finised...

20. RPF Premium Member tubachris85x's Avatar
    From
    NOVA/Washington DC
    Feb 15, 2018, 7:14 PM - Re: eFX SCOUT TROOPER HELMET LEGEND EDITION!! #1670

star wars helmets said: View Post
    i’m hearing the individual who used to do this has now left the company.....

Cheers

jez
    imagine my shock
    From
    Wisconsin
    Feb 20, 2018, 1:36 AM - Re: eFX SCOUT TROOPER HELMET LEGEND EDITION!! #1671

Here is the email they sent today:

Name:	20180219 EFX Email.jpg 
Views:	227 
Size:	465.7 KB 
ID:	797041
    From
    Palatine, IL
    Feb 20, 2018, 8:46 AM - Re: eFX SCOUT TROOPER HELMET LEGEND EDITION!! #1672

That email seems like Deja Vu. Didn't EFX send one just like it promising a date last year?
    From
    Wisconsin
    Feb 21, 2018, 1:22 AM - Re: eFX SCOUT TROOPER HELMET LEGEND EDITION!! #1673

oblagon said: View Post
    That email seems like Deja Vu. Didn't EFX send one just like it promising a date last year?
    Indeed they did.
  24. Member Since
    Dec 2015
    Feb 21, 2018, 5:49 AM - Re: eFX SCOUT TROOPER HELMET LEGEND EDITION!! #1674

These dates are pretty close. If it was just a delay tactic I would think they would give themselves more than a few weeks.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk
  25. Member Since
    Nov 2016
    Feb 21, 2018, 7:28 AM - Re: eFX SCOUT TROOPER HELMET LEGEND EDITION!! #1675

Man I feel sorry for you guys waiting so long. And I thought Anovos was bad with pre-order wait times. I had regretted before for having missed out on this helmet. Now, not so much.

Who wants to bet they'll say the helmets are held in customs or delayed for another month next time people reach out to them?