eFX SCOUT TROOPER HELMET LEGEND EDITION!!

To me when EFX "gave the option" of receiving a "free" Vader helmet and it waived the customers right to a refund for the Scout helmet, that really spoke volumes as to what their plans were. IMO the scout helmet is not intended to be finished and EFX can continue to say X Factory isn't working for us lets try Y Factory and then Z factory and so on.

Got a shipping notice from fedex today regarding the free pcr helmet. I hope they are finally sending them out to all the international customers.

Got a shipping notice from fedex today regarding the free pcr helmet. I hope they are finally sending them out to all the international customers.

Congrats. It was time already. Let's hope EFX won't go bankrupt with the shipping costs they usually ask for shipping on international orders LOL

I don't think it is fair to blame efx for a package being damaged during shipment. The package is out of their control at that point. The packages go through huge automated distribution centers and many other steps along the way. I have had packages I sent damaged or lost. The vast majority of packages make it just fine.

If there are issues with how the item was packaged or how they respond to issues, those are fair criticisms.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Well perhaps I should mention also then, that the helmet had a glob of uncured, sticky paint on the neck that my thumb brushed against when I unpacked it for inspection after posting my original comment, leaving an ugly blemish on it. That coupled with taking a week to respond to my three emails and two phone calls is what prompted my posting here because more than a day to respond to something like this in customer service is generally unacceptable.

Bryan called me yesterday and I have to call him back today to see how this is going to be resolved because I am not a satisfied customer.

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed. The packaging did it's job - it protected the product during shipping.

And I'm not entirely sure how "collectible" a $300 PCR Vader helmet really is, considering they're all over Ebay and there are various other places they can be ordered - especially considering they haven't really suggested they're a "special limited run" in any way that I'm aware of. ...Would anyone consider their PCR Stormtrooper helmet to be a collectible?

However, the wet/tacky paint which resulted in a smudge? That's a rather LARGE issue.

This is the limited version that sold out within a few hours of the email that was sent out, with the custom brush painted finish. So yeah, it is limited since they don't have them anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

It's weird; Lucasfilm are notorious for their product approvals, yet seem to turn a blind eye to eFX's ongoing, endless, unbridled, shenanigans.

Could anyone please explain this to me?

I have my theories, but nepotism seems to be the only logical verdict.

It's a very fair question... I emailed the guy in charge at Lucasfilm licensing and have yet to get any response from him. Doesn't seem they care much with that kind of neglect responding.

September came and went, and no scout helmet.
Shame, eFX.
You can keep your pathetic Falcon too.

Three scenarios

1) you either buy their story that they are a small company who ran into manufacturing issues in China and missed their deadlines. They had to find a new manufacturer and have been put on the back burner by the new manufacturer.

2) they are incompetent

3) they are a fraud and trying to steal your money

...or did I miss one?

I used to get excited when this thread popped up, thinking there was news, or a change, or a shipping notice for someone. Now, I almost don't even open it anymore. :cry This helmet has always been one of my favorites. Yet, the waiting & lack of updates, from both eFX & RS, have really tainted it for me.

I ordered not too long ago. Got what I ordered about when I expected it. If you pre-order stuff then you have to nut up and either accept the delays or get a refund. Posting to this thread isn't gonna speed things up.

There is a post on Rebelscum where a forumgoer had a talk with Gino. Let me just quote it:

I got to meet Gino today at NYCC and we had a very good talk. It was unproductive and I didn't get any information but at least I felt as if WE are being heard. He was very nice and understanding of all the frustrations but we will not be getting this helmet in 2016 and early 2017 doesn't seem possible either
sad.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered not too long ago. Got what I ordered about when I expected it. If you pre-order stuff then you have to nut up and either accept the delays or get a refund. Posting to this thread isn't gonna speed things up.

A number of people have asked for refunds and been ignored by EFX. Nice to hear you got what you wanted - many have not been so fortunate.

Cheers

Jez

There is a post on Rebelscum where a forumgoer had a talk with Gino. Let me just quote it:

hahaha ***** horatio ******... what a cluster you know what. I'm glad I got the vader, as I saw that as my only way to get my deposit for the legend back. My request for refund was ignored, but at least I got that vader lid. Small victories. I've written the scout off... I doubt we'll ever see it.

i was just going to say, i stumbled upon some videos of eFX at NYCC this weekend. i didnt see the scout trooper helmet, but the famous boba helmet was on display.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back