eFX SCOUT TROOPER HELMET LEGEND EDITION!!

Yes! I can feel your anger!
Sorry, could not help it.
But seriously, it is just bizarre, EFX! How much longer we should wait!?

So announced in 2012, ordered in 2014 contacted in February 2016 and asked if I'd like a PCR Vader helmet as a peace offering as there are so many long delays on the Scout helmet I gave my money to you for. Agreed to accepting the gesture. Contacted again in June 2016 to confirm my shipping address.

YET TO THIS DAY I STILL HAVE **** ALL!!!!

:angry

It's a ****ing joke.

Most businesses would be out of business with this attitude.

eFX you suck. FACT.

To top it all you give me a dedicated email address to use for "special correspondence" which you don't ****ing reply too. Or Brian's personal email or eFX email!!! You're officially voted the ****est company in the universe.

I guess EFX crazy high international shipping rates backfired since no international customer received their free Vader helmet yet. With those absurd shipping costs EFX would go bankrupt easily ...

If Efx aren't going to give international customers the Vader helmet due to shipping costs, then surely the right thing to do would be refund them the cost of the Vader helmet.

If Efx aren't going to give international customers the Vader helmet due to shipping costs, then surely the right thing to do would be refund them the cost of the Vader helmet.

That could be an idea. Because international shipping cost might be more than the PCR Vader helmet itself

Guys - I think the problem is a lot deeper than this. This whole debacle reminds me of the "bad old days" of this hobby - the vendors who would take money upfront and mysteriously run into problem after problem. Excuse after excuse.

It doesn't take a genius to work out a cheap way to send out the Vader PCR's to international customers. Since they don't have any inherent value to EFX they could just send them by USPS (or a similar cheap option). In the unlikely event one is damaged, just ask for photo proof and send another out. There's no real value in them to EFX.

Bottom line is IF EFX WANTED TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM THEN THEY COULD. So there's clearly a reason WHY they aren't (and I'm talking about the Scout helmet and the PCR Vader here)

I'm just sad that a company that was once so damn good now seem to think its acceptable to treat their customers so disgracefully.

Such a shame :(

Cheers

Jez

They share the same business model as for why post it here I like one stop shopping know what I mean ;)

Never hurts to put the word out! :thumbsup

You may well be right Apollo, but I (like a lot of other people here) don't take any comfort from knowing there may be similarly bad companies out there.

This thread is about EFX, not sure what the point is of saying "Co. XYZ is just as bad"

Cheers

Jez

From my perspective (as someone with items on order from BOTH companies), there's a world of difference between them. One responds to emails in nearly all cases, and one ignores them in nearly all cases. One continues to offer refunds (yes, that is, your money back, at any point during the long wait), while the other offered some strange deal where by accepting a "we're sorry we're bad at this" gift, you forfeited your right to a refund. And when one of these companies had some bad press going around the forums about refunds vs store credit, one of that company's founders came here to explain himself, while the other company seems to have a vow of silence in place except when their representative drops in with news of another new product to sell.

Yes, both have missed release projections, which is disappointing. But they are not the same.

As for the topic of the thread, these Scouts: do we even have an estimated release window at this point? Like, ANY sort of idea? Last I heard was something about samples coming from somewhere going somewhere else for approval. But I really might have imagined that.

As for the topic of the thread, these Scouts: do we even have an estimated release window at this point? Like, ANY sort of idea? Last I heard was something about samples coming from somewhere going somewhere else for approval. But I really might have imagined that.

No. They're just saying the same rubbish as they've been saying for the last two years. Just more dumb excuses and broken promises.

Like I said it reminds me of the 'bad old days' of the last decade where certain prop makers continually failed to deliver - using new orders to fund their broken cash flow.

Cheers

Jez

I think they have used the money for the scouthelmets for "other stuff" and now they need every penny to complete the runs.
But its a big risk to send them money because if they are going bankrupt the money is lost.So that is the complete problem in my eyes.
They will never become enough money because the people are too wary about them after the last storys.
In my eyes the Vader plastic helmet is the only hope...when they sell enough of them we could see the other stuff also one day.:unsure

So announced in 2012, ordered in 2014 contacted in February 2016 and asked if I'd like a PCR Vader helmet as a peace offering as there are so many long delays on the Scout helmet I gave my money to you for. Agreed to accepting the gesture. Contacted again in June 2016 to confirm my shipping address.

YET TO THIS DAY I STILL HAVE **** ALL!!!!

:angry

It's a ****ing joke.

Most businesses would be out of business with this attitude.

eFX you suck. FACT.

To top it all you give me a dedicated email address to use for "special correspondence" which you don't ****ing reply too. Or Brian's personal email or eFX email!!! You're officially voted the ****est company in the universe.

Amen, brother!!! you said exactly what I was thinking!!

Well I got an email from eFX this morning I was kind of hoping it would be a Scout helmet update.

Turns out it is a pre-order for a die cast Millenium Falcon that 'should' be ready Nov / Dec 2016 - yet another example of taking money for a product that does exist.

An update from eFX on the Scout helmet would be much appreciated.

I got that one to and was very dissapointed. Also it says that both pcr Vader helmets are ready to ship now so they don't really have any excuses not to ship them any more.

Got the email as well, and I was also disappointed seeing no news regarding the Scout

Well I got an email from eFX this morning I was kind of hoping it would be a Scout helmet update.

Turns out it is a pre-order for a die cast Millenium Falcon that 'should' be ready Nov / Dec 2016 - yet another example of taking money for a product that does NOT exist.

An update from eFX on the Scout helmet would be much appreciated.

Fixed that for you :)

I got that one to and was very dissapointed. Also it says that both pcr Vader helmets are ready to ship now so they don't really have any excuses not to ship them any more.

Dont hold your breath! A couple of months ago they said they were waiting for EVERY International customer to confirm their address before sending ANY helmets out. Now that's clever!

So presumably we'll all wait forever if just one person fails to answer. What happens if someone dies waiting - it's been long enough!!

Cheers

Jez

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back