eFX SCOUT TROOPER HELMET LEGEND EDITION!!

Is there no cost posted yet on these? I've been waiting to know more since its initial reveal at SDCC!

When are they going up for PO?!

I love the look of it apart from the visible fibres under the visor. But I really dredd the feel of it when it's in hand being made of Fibreglass. I'm really torn on it as I'm one of the accuracy freaks :)

Ben

Having said that,great work Gino for what you've done within your limitations with materials:)

I agree that the black overspray looks a bit too intense Gino. Is there no way of matching this up to a screen used helmet? I would have thought the perfect one to go for is the one that was featured on the Biker Scout Kenner card. That's what immediately springs to my mind whenever I think about the Biker Scout helmet. (The same pic was used on the MPC Speeder Bike model kit box too).

I would hope that there will be some control over the placement and amount of black overspray that the factory put onto the production helmets. I wouldn't want to do it myself so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that a factory can do a good job of it without going over the top because I'd much rather have the weathered version than the clean version.

Look forward to seeing some pics of the production helmets whenever that may be.

Last edited:
Sadly, once the chinese see the master paint job, they get heavy handed with the black. Happens with every single prop made. Go extra light on the paint masters and maybe just maybe they'll follow suit.

The weathering on the paint master matches the weathering on the original scout helmet we had access to from the archives pretty well.
On the original screen used helmets, degree of weathering varies from helmet to helmet and of course we used the one we had the best reference of.
Hopefully we'll be able to eventually show pics of the helmet we used but we'd have to get approval first.

I have yet to see factory weathering that has not been heavy handed to one degree or another, be it a helmet or a Studio Scale.

You just can't teach those skills overnight.

Nice looking helmet.

Materials aside, are they just gauging interest on clean and weathered before deciding which is the legend and charging more for the most popular.
I thought legend equated to screen accurate meaning weathered, why do they need time to decide?
Bah..

Will this helmet also have a hard hat liner inside or only the chinstrap?
Are there decals on the helmet or will they get painted?

Great helmet, you did some amazing work, efX/GINO!

Still i would have liked it to be made from the original material, but that is just me and the folks of this accuracy nuts forum.

Come on, guys, that helmet is a beauty nontheless, huh? :love:thumbsup

Message on BSN from GrendelBlitz:

2m4xf7c.jpg

Would like to get one of these, but not if the shipping end's up the same to europe as it was on there Legend Vader.That would be realy disapointed for all collectors which not come from US.
But i think that's already know.
Anyhow looking forward to that helmet.

Cause of the price, would say it's worth it for the Legend edition.

Thank's for posting that new's Jkno.

Good news about the 'Legend' being done in ABS.

If that is accurate info. I will probably go for the 'Legend' version.

I don't quite understand the phrase "cast in ABS".

Doesn't casting usually involve molds and liquids and curing and such.

ABS is generally sheet plastic used in vac-forming, or general fabrication.

Is he saying one is VF and the other is cast in fiberglass, which is possible.

Would like to get one of these, but not if the shipping end's up the same to europe as it was on there Legend Vader.That would be realy disapointed for all collectors which not come from US.
But i think that's already know.
Anyhow looking forward to that helmet.

Cause of the price, would say it's worth it for the Legend edition.

Thank's for posting that new's Jkno.

Unfortunately I'm quite sure eFX won't care too much about the international collector community...

Gino,
After all these years of posts and pms, it was very cool to finally meet you brother.
I really enjoyed talkin with you,those cell pics were awesome. I was gonna come back by for futher conversation but i had to get back home for possible preperations due to certain weather conditions on the way.
And seeing the Scout in person, it was amazing to say the least. The fans are gonna be totally pleased.

p.s. i want that 3po helmet...grin.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back