eFX SCOUT TROOPER HELMET LEGEND EDITION!!

Well I think the idea is to replicate these props as they were new and before they acquired any of the scratches and damage from filming.

I saw this comment on rebelscum by Bryan

"So Gino was not wrong in his previous statements in regards to the materials and process to make the Scout Trooper. We had encountered issues with making it the way the original prop was made. But we were able to work with the factory in Asia to make this helmet in ABS."

Maybe I'm paranoid, but I'd really like confirmation on how this helmet is actually assembled.

Yes it's made from ABS.. But is it constructed in the same manner as the original (two halves joined), or by some other means?

This really needs to be definitely answered. It seems by using the word ABS is also leading people to the false assumption the Legend will also be accurately constructed.

Please Gino or Bryan can you answer this question? How is the efx ABS Scout helmet constructed?

Or is it manufactured using injection moulding?

I've already ordered the Legend (primarily because it's ABS). However, I'm VERY curious about how these will be constructed, as well. I'm not really expecting them to be assembled as the filming props, as that seems like it would be a manufacturing / QA nightmare. But, still would like to hear more about it.

Thanks,
Allan

Bryan has just announced that the Limited has sold out. Now I only checked a couple of hours ago and I can't say exactly how much there was but there was lots left at that point. Did the edition size get reduced or is their site just wrong. I remember the initial size was determined by preorder and then was changed to 750.

Mate Im guessing it was wrong. I checked when he said 50 left and the site showed heaps. Within no time it was sold out

The Legend is awesome. In regards to the weathering, I'm now convinced I was worried about nothing. It's going to look awesome!

Yeah it seemed to me like the progress bar stopped perceptibly moving a few days ago. I figured it either was wrong or these were not selling well! Frankly I'm surprised the Limited ran out before the Legend but perhaps it's the higher price or the controversial (to some) weathering that deters people?

It appears efx is dodging this question here, and on other forums.. Which is shameful. Quite a few people have already paid money for something we (so far) know nothing about. I'm sure even the pictures of the prototype show a product that's manufactured differently to the final product everyone will receive.

Starting preorders before explaining/showing what people will actually receive is putting the cart before the horse IMO

Bryan has just announced that the Limited has sold out. Now I only checked a couple of hours ago and I can't say exactly how much there was but there was lots left at that point. Did the edition size get reduced or is their site just wrong. I remember the initial size was determined by preorder and then was changed to 750.

I imagine efx have passed their surplus onto their authorised dealers.

Bryan / GINO.

Can some clarification be given on how the LEGEND is constructed please. We know that it's ABS, but is it going to be one piece or will it be in two halves with the seam line being filled / sanded? Is the visor also going to be ABS and if so, surely this must be assembled in 2 halves. If it's a 1 piece, will it be fiberglass?

This is a massive cash outlay for me at a difficult time in my life financially but I just don't want to miss it because I've wanted one of these helmets ever since 1983. I'd really like to know how the assembly is being done. Thanks.

Chris

I echo Chris on this.
I've put a down payment on one Babur would certainly be interested in its construction.
I'm not worries about the blaster getting to the UK as it's not a replica of a real gun.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm also wondering if I can get this shipped via USPS as it's a lot cheaper than FedEx.

Guys. be thankful that Gino is here to answer any questions. When you bought your iphone did you demand that Steve Jobs tell you how storage space was managed? Maybe they don't know how they will be assembled at this point. At any rate they aren't required to answer anyhing.

When you buy an iphone you take it home with you the same day, or it shows up in the mail within a few days. I don't think your analogy is applicable here, Clutch. Also, if an ABS helmet has been given the green light (and it must have since it was offered for full payment pre-order), then I don't think that would be done without the licensee knowing how it will be built. That's part of their costs. How can they price the helmet if they don't know their costs? The only point in your post I agree with is eFX is not required to answer anything. How the eFX Scout Trooper is to be assembled is a point of interest for me as I am familiar with vacforming. If it's not in two halves, sure I will be a little disappointed. But, I won't feel like I paid too much. Any helmet with this pedigree is a must have, in my opinion.

I'm pretty sure that they must know how it will be assembled by now before announcing that the ABS LEGEND would be possible. Don't get me wrong - I'm sticking with my order regardless of how it's assembled. I'm just interested to hear how they've overcome the assembly issues that were previously stated as being the reason why it wouldn't be offered in ABS.
If it is assembled in two halves like the original prop, that's great but I'm just hoping the factory workers will take care in the filling sanding of the seam line. I really don't want to receive a helmet that's got a noticeable seam line on the visor or helmet itself.

Guys. be thankful that Gino is here to answer any questions. When you bought your iphone did you demand that Steve Jobs tell you how storage space was managed? Maybe they don't know how they will be assembled at this point. At any rate they aren't required to answer anyhing.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back