eFX SCOUT TROOPER HELMET LEGEND EDITION!!

Yeah I thin NSW where I am is worse. I also got a E11 doppy doos kit in no probs. It would be a risk but I think the helmet with replica gun would get through BUT who knows

Thanks for the feedback.
qlder! Me too mate, brizvegas to be precise.
Great to see another hardcore SW replica fan close to home.
Going to check it out at the cop shoppe... See what they reckon...

Also some states are worse than others. I'm in QLD

I already have the LoneWolf made the same way like the screen used ones (2 ABS halves joined together), cannot wait to make a comparison with eFX. Grendel Blitz at Bikerscout.net made this:

lw_efx.jpg

lw_efx.jpg

Very close, impressive, most impressive. Did LW sculpt his helmet from scratch? I contacted him about one of these great helmets but got no reply, shame he isn't making them but to be honest I value the original molds lineage more that the material its made from so I'm happy.

I'm getting the eFX Scout as well, but seeing how cool the LW is makes you wonder about the real talent some people have. So in the end I'll have one made the same way they were made back then and one from original molds. What can be better except owning a screen used lid. :)

The fiberglass is also made from the original mold base as well right?
Niennumb1

Yes:

Our new officially licensed, Limited Edition (Biker) Scout Trooper Helmet will be one of the most accurate reproduction of this incredible helmet produced to date. It has the all the pedigree of our Legend Edition line since the master molds were made from the original master tools ILM used to make the screen-used helmets. As with the Legend Edition, there is no digital scanning or 3D modeling used, only original parts and tooling. We even used an original decal sheet from ILM to make our markings and symbols that are seen on the helmet! You can call this helmet "Legend - Light"!

This original helmets were made in vacuum formed ABS. This EFX Limited Edition helmet is made in high quality, hand-laid fiberglass.

http://www.efxcollectibles.com/p-242-scout-trooper-helmet-limited-edition-full-payment.aspx

sc.jpg

My dealer (USA) allows a longer term payment plan so I usually buy from him. Unfortunately, since apparently no dealers will be getting the legend, and I can't see spending 700 for something that is "less than," I won't be jumping in on this one, which is a first for me on the major efx offerings. Anyway, it will help me save up for the future efx boba helmet and ANH stormtrooper armor. :)

Last edited:
Yeah I bit the bullet and went ahead and got the Legend too. If I just hate the weathering, I'll cross that bridge if and when it comes. I just love the pedigree and the fact it's ABS like the original prop. The pistol is a nice little add-on too. The Imperial scout has always been a favorite of mine and I've wanted a scout helmet for a long time.

Edit: Looks like they're already halfway sold out.

If the weathering is like the weathering on the Sideshow terminator busts, you might be able to wipe the weathering off...

I wanted to spring for the Legend, but that weathering (even though it's from ONE of the screen used helmet paint schemes) is beyond my taste for how much spray was used on it. Had it been a lighter amount of weathering I would have pulled the trigger.

I ordered the Limited and am very excited to get it. It will look great alongside my Sideshow PF Biker Scout an Speeder Bike! A little bummed about no pistol, but i'm okay with that.

I wanted to spring for the Legend, but that weathering (even though it's from ONE of the screen used helmet paint schemes) is beyond my taste for how much spray was used on it. Had it been a lighter amount of weathering I would have pulled the trigger.

I ordered the Limited and am very excited to get it. It will look great alongside my Sideshow PF Biker Scout an Speeder Bike! A little bummed about no pistol, but i'm okay with that.

I do agree that the weathering is a little heavy - that forehead patch in particular - so hopefully the final product might be toned down somewhat. Ultimately though, I think the weathered look is more appealing and interesting and if it matches the original it's based on you can't ask for much more. I was close to opting for the Limited, but the ultra clean look is just a bit sanitised and of course my hardcore sensibilities just couldn't deal with the fibreglass... Hats off to Gino for making this ABS version happen - that can't have been easy to convince EFX to approve.

A first generation Biker Scout helmet made on the original ILM tools and from ABS. WOW, I never thought I'd see the day!

Sooo I've been watching all 4 preorder pages and there is still lots of legends left. On the full payment legend there is over half left. I hope this maybe entices EFX to offer legends to overseas distributors. I understand that the direct orders are better for EFX's sake but the only reason I didn't get the legend is because shipping and tax would have come to the same price as the legend itself thus doubling my price. I know a fair few people that live overseas that are in the same boat. I don't blame EFX for any of this and love the guys and thier work. I just hope that legends can be offered with a little less pain for their overseas friends. Please consider it EFX.

Ben

I'm going to quote myself...

I might have been tempted by the Legend but I really dislike the weathering. I don't recall seeing these helmets that dirty... Well maybe the Ewok drum version.

After taking another look, I see that most of what I thought was over done dirt effect is just due to the image being dark. I'm sure that efX did a great job at capturing on dirt effect of one particular screen used helmet.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back