eFX SCOUT TROOPER HELMET LEGEND EDITION!!

So as a "direct exclusive," no dealers will have the legend unless the dealer happens to order one himself?

Direct exclusives always hit the international customers. For the Legend Vader shipping to my country was $700 with greedy FedEx!! Which is, to put it mildly, insane and stupid. I'm not interested in the weathered version, and eFX is helping me in this way, but still would like to see shipping costs to Romania. Just for pure curiosity. ;)

pm sent. yeah better to get one reserved early, prices will only rise.

This hobby can get seriously expensive for non US collectors, but this Scout helmet is too good to pass up. The fact Gino is art directing the project is all I need to know. The blaster I can live without, but the simple fact the Legend is ABS seals the deal for me.

If the Legend weathering is screen accurate I still don't think I like it…on the fence. :unsure

The blaster is cool but I can probably live without it, or pick one up later on ebay.

Do we know anything about a stand for this thing? Will it be similar to the eFX Vader helmet stand?

Do we know anything about a stand for this thing? Will it be similar to the eFX Vader helmet stand?

Sounds like the Legend is coming with the large square stand like Vader, but the LE will have the small round one. I'm guessing because the Legend states the base can facilitate an acrylic cover (not included) but I did not see that in the LE description.

I might have been tempted by the Legend but I really dislike the weathering. I don't recall seeing these helmets that dirty... Well maybe the Ewok drum version. :D

The LE is quite tempting.

Last edited:
If the Legend weathering is screen accurate I still don't think I like it…on the fence. :unsure

- - - Updated - - -

I might have been tempted by the Legend but I really dislike the weathering. I don't recall seeing these helmets that dirty... Well maybe the Ewok drum version. :D

I agree. From what I can tell, the weathering method is screen accurate (basically just a black overspray) though to my eye it still looks somewhat overdone in their pics. I'd love to see more pics of it though. The pics they're using look like the old ones of the prototype from several years ago. It's a shame we couldn't get an ABS helmet without the weathering. I know it'd likely hurt the future collector value of the piece but I wonder how easy it'd be to remove/lessen the weathering after the fact?

Hey GINO / Bryan,

Can you confirm if the ABS plastic on the Legend is going to be painted? Since the original ABS helmets were split in half and the seam lines filled / sanded and then painted, I'm guessing you'll be doing the same on the Legend? I was a bit worried about the fiberglass painted version going "yellow" over time and for that reason, would have favoured the ABS. However, if the ABS is being painted too, it will be the same issue regardless so I'll probably just go for the Limited Edition.

Cheers,

Chris

Last edited:
For US customers what can be expected on shipping costs for this in ballpark? I'm just a couple states north of efx it looks like. This would be my first major purchase from these folks.

Also is their estimated and actual shipping dates usually really off from forecast? It says sept/oct but I've seen a lot of people in the past laugh over their projected ship dates.

Thanks for any help on this!
Niennumb1

- - - Updated - - -

I agree. From what I can tell, the weathering method is screen accurate (basically just a black overspray) though to my eye it still looks somewhat overdone in their pics. I'd love to see more pics of it though. The pics they're using look like the old ones of the prototype from several years ago. It's a shame we couldn't get an ABS helmet without the weathering. I know it'd likely hurt the future collector value of the piece but I wonder how easy it'd be to remove/lessen the weathering after the fact?

Yes, just spray paint it white. :)

Probably not quite that easy. The weathering will likely leave a bit of "texture". Respraying over it won't remove the texture...some sanding will be required. You guys know this, I'm just elaborating for anyone who might not have experience building kit helmets. LOL

Why such the discontent toward fiberglass anyway? It's a very durable material. Is it just that less details are shown in fiberglass than other methods, or is it just that the original wasn't made that way and you want it in the purest screen-used-like form possible? Often props don't look good in person and the cameras don't pick up on imperfections. When you have a replica show piece in-person I like to have it look as nice as it appeared to look in the movie than warped and gapped in spots. UNLESS of course it was the actual piece then yeah no way would I alter it.

I know Fiberglass is significantly heavier, but I would guess if you're not wearing it then that shouldn't be too big of an issue.

I was just curious. Both offerings look quite fantastic.

Why such the discontent toward fiberglass anyway? It's a very durable material. Is it just that less details are shown in fiberglass than other methods, or is it just that the original wasn't made that way and you want it in the purest screen-used-like form possible? Often props don't look good in person and the cameras don't pick up on imperfections. When you have a replica show piece in-person I like to have it look as nice as it appeared to look in the movie than warped and gapped in spots. UNLESS of course it was the actual piece then yeah no way would I alter it.

I know Fiberglass is significantly heavier, but I would guess if you're not wearing it then that shouldn't be too big of an issue.

I was just curious. Both offerings look quite fantastic.

It's purely about screen accuracy, nothing to do with quality or durability. I'm sure most collectors will be perfectly satisfied with the fibreglass option, but the hardcore few will always want absolute accuracy to the original. I'm on the fence at the moment, but leaning towards the Legend for those reasons.

Looks like Im stuck with the Limited Edition as the Australian importer/distributor isn't getting the Legend edition in.

Why is everyone so surprised that it costs $900? I was certainly not. They used the same moulds to make the original. Of course they are going to charge that much. This was made as a replica. If I had one I would not go trooping in it for obvious reasons. If you don't like the price than make one yourself. That is what I am doing. I think EFX did a spectacular job (besides the fiberglass) and they deserve to be praised for this helmet. Granted I wish they did make a more affordable one too but with original production moulds that would NEVER happen. As for them making it in Fiberglass, Good job EFX!:facepalm (Sarcasm implied FULLY!)

Last edited:
Visually though I'm not seeing what the big deal is with fiberglass other than replication of props down to the original materials. Props were made with the intent that it would last through production and not for the long term display. I think both offerings look amazing.

Niennumb1

Why is everyone so surprised that it costs $900? I was certainly not. They used the same moulds to make the original. Of course they are going to charge that much. This was made as a replica. If I had one I would not go trooping in it for obvious reasons. If you don't like the price than make one yourself. That is what I am doing. I think EFX did a spectacular job (besides the fiberglass) and they deserve to be praised for this helmet. Granted I wish they did make a more affordable one too but with original production moulds that would NEVER happen. As for them making it in Fiberglass, Good job EFX!:facepalm (Sarcasm implied FULLY!)

I dont think anybody has a problem with the $900 legend.A couple complained about the limited but i think its worth every penny because of pedigree.I think it's great especially with a blaster. As I said in my post I can't afford the shipping and tax FedEx charges. And as I said its not EFX's fault.That's the only reason I won't get the legend.

Ben

Last edited:
Any thoughts on how Aussie customs would view the import of a replica blaster?
i read you need to fill out a dec form. Anyone had an experience that would indicate - don't do it!?

Any thoughts on how Aussie customs would view the import of a replica blaster?
i read you need to fill out a dec form. Anyone had an experience that would indicate - don't do it!?

Yeah there is a form you can get from your local police. Fill that out and send it to customs just before it arrives. You could take the chance though. I imported a doopydoos E11 kit and it didn't even get checked.

Ben

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back