"I learned it by watching you..." First Project. Alien Chest Buster...

Clavin112

Hello all,

This is my first post and project. I've been coming to the site for about 2 years now seeing all the incredible stuff you guys do. I finally decided to start a project with inspiration from another user's Alien Chestbuster I saw this weekend.

Besides playing with modeling clay as a kid, that's about the extent of my sculpting experience. I went to a local Craft store and purchased a bucket of Crayola Air-Dry White Clay and a set of $15 sculpting tools

Along with the Crayola Clay and the tools, I used a wire hanger to make a skeleton for reinforcement.

I pretty much have no idea what to do next. Since this is my first project, I don't want to nit pick and go over every detail on the piece. I think I am happy with the sculpt so what now???

Sand? Prime? Paint? Mold? Any help would be appreciated. I also picked up an acrylic paint set but again, I don't paint.

If any users can offer beginner youtube videos, books, websites, anything, that would be great.

Thank you very much

Looks real nice especially considering its your first sculpt. I don't know much about that clay but if let it air dry, prime it, then paint away. If you're into sculpting try using super sculpey on your next piece. You can work on it forever until you're happy enough to bake it. Keep up the good work. Also there are TONS of sculpting videos on you tube, also dvds you can buy online. The search engine on this site can also reach you a lot. There are many talented people on here who can guide you along.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back