Silicone Sigourney/Ripley Portrait - FULL FIGURE ALMOST DONE P8

Re: Silicone Sigourney/Ripley Portrait UPDATE P2

Definitely an amazing piece Steve.. I'd even go as far as saying the best bust I've seen made..

Seriously, what do you do for a living?! I can't find anything, in the non glossy photos, that gives this away as a sculpt. Wow!

Truly outstanding work Steve! Most realistic bust I've seen on here.
I keep checking every day to see if the eyebrows have been added!

I'd love to see a Harrison Ford done to this level of realism and likeness!

Chris

I'm a plastic surgeon and the skin detail is right up there with the work of facial prostheticians. These are talented artists who sculpt and cast silicone noses, ears, cheek/eye sockets for people who have lost them to injury or disease. Naturally, they must be tinted/painted to match the rest of the patient's face; they go so far as to make a summer prosthetic and a winter prosthetic to match seasonal changes in the patient's skin pigmentation.

As talented as these artists are, they never have to create an overall likeness, something which you have done brilliantly here. I have a large number of garage kits and action figures of Ms. Weaver, and none of them particularly look like her; this tells me that hers is a difficult likeness to capture. You have captured it perfectly!
Beautiful work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you everyone, seriously kind words!! :$

antwayne
Seriously, what do you do for a living?! I can't find anything, in the non glossy photos, that gives this away as a sculpt. Wow!

Mostly I work as a sculptor/prop/model maker in film and tv, but I just tell everyone I meet I'm a portrait sculptor :)

cking
Truly outstanding work Steve! Most realistic bust I've seen on here.
I keep checking every day to see if the eyebrows have been added!

I'd love to see a Harrison Ford done to this level of realism and likeness!

Chris

Hehe, I know you would Chris. One day maybe, one day. There are already some great ones out there though :thumbsup

ahoudini I'm a plastic surgeon and the skin detail is right up there with the work of facial prostheticians. These are talented artists who sculpt and cast silicone noses, ears, cheek/eye sockets for people who have lost them to injury or disease. Naturally, they must be tinted/painted to match the rest of the patient's face; they go so far as to make a summer prosthetic and a winter prosthetic to match seasonal changes in the patient's skin pigmentation.

As talented as these artists are, they never have to create an overall likeness, something which you have done brilliantly here. I have a large number of garage kits and action figures of Ms. Weaver, and none of them particularly look like her; this tells me that hers is a difficult likeness to capture. You have captured it perfectly!
Beautiful work!

Wow thats funny, I was just thinking about this the other day watching a programme called 'Making Faces' about the artists in Maxillofacial prosthetics. Got a lot of respect for them. In some ways its harder too, they have to sculpt something thats missing to perfectly blend in. I actually did work experience about 10 years ago in that field, and thought I might share my new skin technique with them at some point as I see from the programme theirs hasn't changed since. I think this could benefit them and their patients, its a lot more robust and you can get right up close to it and its still convincing.

And yes, it was quite a tricky likeness this one :confused

So heres an update before the hair goes in. Alien 3 style Ripley!.....

4.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

5.jpg

8.jpg

Re: Silicone Sigourney/Ripley Portrait EYEBROWS!! P4

GAH!!!! Can this get any better? Seriously....

Really natural looking skin tones & the teeth look outstanding.

The likeness is a homerun.

I've just read all this thread, couldn't believe it!
Great work!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back