Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Subscribe
  1. RPF Premium Member wilysteve's Avatar
    From
    England
    Sep 14, 2012, 7:16 AM - Re: Silicone Sigourney/Ripley Portrait UPDATE P2 #76

Currently trying to go viral with this piece over at BuzzFeed.com so any help would be much appreciated. In the top 100 at the moment!

If anyone could click on this link to give it more traffic and share it on their social networks that would be incredibly appreciated!!

#SiliconeSigourney @SculptorSteve
    From
    Houston, TX
    Sep 14, 2012, 7:00 PM - Re: Silicone Sigourney/Ripley Portrait UPDATE P2 #77

Amazing work Steve. she turned out Awesome!
  3. Ray22 is offline Ray22
    Sep 14, 2012, 8:41 PM - Re: Silicone Sigourney/Ripley Portrait UPDATE P2 #78

This has to be one of the most realistic paint jobs I have seen up there with the guy who did Tarkin.
  4. RPF Premium Member wilysteve's Avatar
    From
    England
    Sep 16, 2012, 6:45 AM - Re: Silicone Sigourney/Ripley Portrait UPDATE P2 #79

Thanks guys! Love Jordus work so thats a massive complement!!
  5. Member Since
    Sep 2011
    Sep 16, 2012, 7:03 AM - Re: Silicone Sigourney/Ripley Portrait UPDATE P2 #80

One of the most realistic bust iv seen period. Amazing!!
  6. Member Since
    Aug 2012
    From
    United Kingdom
    Sep 20, 2012, 4:45 AM - Re: Silicone Sigourney/Ripley Portrait UPDATE P2 #81

This looks so real. Amazing work.
  7. RPF Premium Member wilysteve's Avatar
    From
    England
    Sep 20, 2012, 8:53 AM - Re: Silicone Sigourney/Ripley Portrait UPDATE P2 #82

Thank you guys!
    From
    Sydney, Australia
    Sep 20, 2012, 9:15 AM - Re: Silicone Sigourney/Ripley Portrait UPDATE P2 #83

Definitely an amazing piece Steve.. I'd even go as far as saying the best bust I've seen made..
  9. RPF Premium Member wilysteve's Avatar
    From
    England
    Sep 20, 2012, 9:22 AM - Re: Silicone Sigourney/Ripley Portrait UPDATE P2 #84

Woah, thanks
    From
    Scotland
    Sep 20, 2012, 9:47 AM - Re: Silicone Sigourney/Ripley Portrait UPDATE P2 #85

Incredible work!
  11. Member Since
    Nov 2006
    From
    MI, USA
    Sep 24, 2012, 12:01 PM - Re: Silicone Sigourney/Ripley Portrait UPDATE P2 #86

Seriously, what do you do for a living?! I can't find anything, in the non glossy photos, that gives this away as a sculpt. Wow!
  12. Member Since
    Dec 1999
    From
    England, U.K.
    Sep 26, 2012, 1:59 AM - Re: Silicone Sigourney/Ripley Portrait UPDATE P2 #87

Truly outstanding work Steve! Most realistic bust I've seen on here.
    I keep checking every day to see if the eyebrows have been added!

I'd love to see a Harrison Ford done to this level of realism and likeness!

Chris
  13. Member Since
    Sep 2012
    Sep 26, 2012, 4:35 AM - Re: Silicone Sigourney/Ripley Portrait UPDATE P2 #88

Good Lord. New level of talent on display there.
    From
    California
    Sep 26, 2012, 10:18 PM - Re: Silicone Sigourney/Ripley Portrait UPDATE P2 #89

Oh my science...
    Sep 27, 2012, 8:08 PM - Re: Silicone Sigourney/Ripley Portrait UPDATE P2 #90

seriously its the most incredible thing i ever saw!!!
    Sep 28, 2012, 8:59 PM - Re: Silicone Sigourney/Ripley Portrait UPDATE P2 #91

Definately one of top sculpts I've ever seen.
    From
    CT
    Oct 1, 2012, 7:21 AM - Re: Silicone Sigourney/Ripley Portrait UPDATE P2 #92

Fantastic work, some of the best I've seen!!!!
  18. RPF Premium Member ahoudini's Avatar
    From
    Roanoke, VA
    Oct 1, 2012, 8:52 PM - #93

I'm a plastic surgeon and the skin detail is right up there with the work of facial prostheticians. These are talented artists who sculpt and cast silicone noses, ears, cheek/eye sockets for people who have lost them to injury or disease. Naturally, they must be tinted/painted to match the rest of the patient's face; they go so far as to make a summer prosthetic and a winter prosthetic to match seasonal changes in the patient's skin pigmentation.

As talented as these artists are, they never have to create an overall likeness, something which you have done brilliantly here. I have a large number of garage kits and action figures of Ms. Weaver, and none of them particularly look like her; this tells me that hers is a difficult likeness to capture. You have captured it perfectly!
    Beautiful work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  19. RPF Premium Member wilysteve's Avatar
    From
    England
    Oct 2, 2012, 6:16 PM - Re: Silicone Sigourney/Ripley Portrait UPDATE P2 #94

Thank you everyone, seriously kind words!!

antwayne
    Re: Silicone Sigourney/Ripley Portrait UPDATE P2
    Seriously, what do you do for a living?! I can't find anything, in the non glossy photos, that gives this away as a sculpt. Wow!
    Mostly I work as a sculptor/prop/model maker in film and tv, but I just tell everyone I meet I'm a portrait sculptor

cking
    Re: Silicone Sigourney/Ripley Portrait UPDATE P2
    Truly outstanding work Steve! Most realistic bust I've seen on here.
    I keep checking every day to see if the eyebrows have been added!

I'd love to see a Harrison Ford done to this level of realism and likeness!

Chris
    Hehe, I know you would Chris. One day maybe, one day. There are already some great ones out there though

ahoudini I'm a plastic surgeon and the skin detail is right up there with the work of facial prostheticians. These are talented artists who sculpt and cast silicone noses, ears, cheek/eye sockets for people who have lost them to injury or disease. Naturally, they must be tinted/painted to match the rest of the patient's face; they go so far as to make a summer prosthetic and a winter prosthetic to match seasonal changes in the patient's skin pigmentation.

As talented as these artists are, they never have to create an overall likeness, something which you have done brilliantly here. I have a large number of garage kits and action figures of Ms. Weaver, and none of them particularly look like her; this tells me that hers is a difficult likeness to capture. You have captured it perfectly!
    Beautiful work!
    Wow thats funny, I was just thinking about this the other day watching a programme called 'Making Faces' about the artists in Maxillofacial prosthetics. Got a lot of respect for them. In some ways its harder too, they have to sculpt something thats missing to perfectly blend in. I actually did work experience about 10 years ago in that field, and thought I might share my new skin technique with them at some point as I see from the programme theirs hasn't changed since. I think this could benefit them and their patients, its a lot more robust and you can get right up close to it and its still convincing.

And yes, it was quite a tricky likeness this one

So heres an update before the hair goes in. Alien 3 style Ripley!.....

From
    UK
    Oct 2, 2012, 6:25 PM - Re: Silicone Sigourney/Ripley Portrait EYEBROWS!! P4 #95

Wow. Thats about all I can say on that. Speechless.
  21. Member Since
    Nov 2001
    From
    Seattle
    Oct 2, 2012, 6:30 PM - Re: Silicone Sigourney/Ripley Portrait EYEBROWS!! P4 #96

This is the most impressive thing I have seen since.... ever. Wow.
  22. Universal Greeblie RPF Premium Member Jedifyfe's Avatar
    From
    Los Angeles
    Oct 2, 2012, 8:19 PM - Re: Silicone Sigourney/Ripley Portrait EYEBROWS!! P4 #97

GAH!!!! Can this get any better? Seriously....
    From
    Canada
    Oct 3, 2012, 1:28 AM - Re: Silicone Sigourney/Ripley Portrait EYEBROWS!! P4 #98

Really natural looking skin tones & the teeth look outstanding.

The likeness is a homerun.
    From
    Milano, Italy
    Oct 3, 2012, 4:17 AM - Re: Silicone Sigourney/Ripley Portrait EYEBROWS!! P4 #99

I've just read all this thread, couldn't believe it!
    Great work!
  25. Ray22 is offline Ray22
    Oct 3, 2012, 5:49 AM - Re: Silicone Sigourney/Ripley Portrait UPDATE P2 #100

wilysteve said: View Post
    Thanks guys! Love Jordus work so thats a massive complement!!
    If he sees yours he's gonna love this also, man you are up there with him in talent and skill would have to say you are equals.