Yarko's DREDD 2012 thread (New silicone vest armour on page 7)

Re: Dredd 2012 finished costume

Thanks for that video tutorial, it really clarified your earlier description. And what a great technique for making a dimensional foam piece.

Yarko!!! It looks fantastic! Are you planning the shinguards too? Hope this thread isn't near dead yet...I'm late coming to the party.

Yarko!!! It looks fantastic! Are you planning the shinguards too? Hope this thread isn't near dead yet...I'm late coming to the party.

Hi!

Sure, I'm still working on new pieces for the costume: a new helmet, new kneepads, shinguards, a lawgiver... I will be posting pics as soon as I have those things ready. This project is far from dead yet

Hello!

Here I have some photos showing my new reworked helmet.

cascos_zpsecf59845.jpg

casquete3_zpsf842caa3.jpg

casquetes2_zps8b5b6f7a.jpg

casquetes_zps0a7b780f.jpg

jueces_zpsb2ad3812.jpg

I am working on improved versions of all the other pieces as well, including sculpted versions of the vest armor, which I want to cast in silicone. Currently my goal is to lower the working times as much as possible!

Inspirational build brother.
Been following this with keen interest and am now using someof your techniques on my Dredd build.
Thank you SO much for sharing with us all.
Much appreciated
:)

Hello!

Our remake of the costume is nearly ready. Here you have a couple of photos of the new vest armour, made in silicone. I always felt that my foam pieces lacked texture, and although the movie version is rather smooth too, I wanted to add some leather like texture and some metallic shines to my version so it looks tougher and have its own personality.

modeladoarmadura_zps00202564.jpg

chalecodreddresized_zps38ce08df.png

Photos of the new kneepads and shoulder armour coming soon!

Last edited:
The eva foam vest I keep for myself (the first one we ever made) has never lost any shape, but it can definitely happen, specially if you warm it or bend it. Silicone will be way better, although it weights more.

Pictures of the new left shoulder pads. There was a severe lack of reference when I made the first one. Now with the bluray, this is a lot closer to the real thing and will improve the look of the costume, I hope!

absolutely loving this, thinking of going the silicone route myself (as i've used it more then foam/plastics)

after seeing this i best get my sculpting skills back up to standard

My first shoulder pieces were made scratching a sheet of eva foam with a sculpting tool, and gluing some other peices of foam for some of the eagle details. Later I made a real sculpt, with silicone mold and so. Currently I'm making a second sculpt to improve them.

Hi Yarko

Your Junkyard thread was the reason I am registered on here to be honest. The director of the Judge Dredd fan film I am starring in pointed me towards this site and to you specifically to look at costume bits and pieces. I am blown away by the attention to detail here and elsewhere on this forum and I wish I had half the talent for building stuff as most of you do on here so i've posted a comment up (awaiting moderation) in the 'New Members seeking costume' thread in the Junkyard.

I honestly can't even fathom how you can do this sort of thing. Any of you. I just don't have the eye for it that you all seem to have. I have a friend who's incredibly gifted at making stuff and he's built everything from Predator shoulder-mounted motion-tracking weapons to a suitcase Sentry Cannon from Aliens to Tony Stark's chest reactor and the stuff he makes is amazing.

Hats off to all of you.

Badge is finished.

Chavant sculpt:

Mold and first test casting

Test paintjob

The resin I used for this test was a bit old so it has some bubbles. I will post better photos in the future.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back