Yarko's DREDD 2012 thread (New silicone vest armour on page 7)

CIMG1771.jpg

CIMG1794.jpg

Anyone else think it looks like he is holding a basket of flowers? And don't judge your dog!

Sent from my Etch-A-Sketch

Re: Dredd 2012 WIP

Suit looks good but if you have any padding in the helmet I would take it out or make it as thin as possible because it looks like the helmet is sitting to high. The X part should be around your eyes and the bottom of the visor should be at or below the tip of your nose.

Other than that it looks good.

if you have any padding in the helmet I would take it out or make it as thin as possible because it looks like the helmet is sitting to high.

I've just removed some of the padding and it looks better now, thanks for the advice.

Tomorrow I will wear my costume at the cinema, and a friend will be wearing Stallone's version!

Suit looks good but if you have any padding in the helmet I would take it out or make it as thin as possible because it looks like the helmet is sitting to high. The X part should be around your eyes and the bottom of the visor should be at or below the tip of your nose.

Other than that it looks good.

Yeah I was about to say the same thing.
Dude, that costume is total BADASS!! Strong work! :thumbsup

I placed the foam between the negative and the positive templates, heated it with a heat gun and then squashed the two templates together. I don't know if I'm explaining myself properly, if not, I will post a drawing or something ;)

This looks amazing!

Can you please clarify exactly how you did this? Im having trouble visualising it. I want to try a similar approach on a batman suit.

That would be great! What you've done looks amazing! I really want to give it a try. Hopefully I can get similar results.

Amazing costume dude! Love it!!!!
But omg!! Lmfao at the Flower basket comment!!!!! It really does look like it haha you really couldnt have planned that better if you tried lol!
Look forward to your cinema outing photos :)

That all looks so awesome, I am definitely going to try and copy you, and I mean that in the best way haha. How did you make the shoulder pads? Did you sew together a custom base, similar to the vest, and then just cut foam and glue it on top, or did you buy some sort of already made shoulder pad and glue foam on that?

That really does look just amazing. I have this costume on my roster for a convention next spring, and you have given me some fantastic ideas for it, thanks!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back