Doc Holliday

PlanoJedi

Well guys, I finally finished my Doc Holliday costume from Tombstone. I wore it out to 3 different places and got a lot of good reaction. I took one real liberty in the costume, I wore a gunbelt with a left handed cross-draw for my 2nd gun (one for each of ya). In the movie he always seemed to have it in his pants or vest pocket. Here area few pics, I hope ya'll enjoy.

h7.jpg

h2.jpg

h3.jpg

h4.jpg

h5.jpg

h6.jpg

h9.jpg

h1.jpg

pj

Great costume from a great film. Way to go man (especially with the moustache :) ).

Is that a real six-shooter in your holster? Is it accurate to the film used gun?

<div class='quotetop'>(KidL @ Nov 8 2006, 06:44 PM) [snapback]1353438[/snapback]</div>
Great costume from a great film. Way to go man (especially with the moustache :) ).

Is that a real six-shooter in your holster? Is it accurate to the film used gun?
[/b]

Thanks, The guns are nickel plated Denix replicas. They are the same size and weight as a Colt SAA and have a 4-3/4 barrel like the ones used by Doc in the movie. Doc's 2nd gun had a different grip and was called a "Lightning" (or Thunderer depending on the caliber). I pulled the wood grips and painted them Ivory to get the right look.

pj

Yep, Doc's second gun was a Colt Lightning which had the distinction of being one of the first double action revolvers.

Sweet costume.. Now, sweat profusely, and drop down to about 125 pounds so you look like death, and you'll have it nailed. :p

Don't get me wrong, I love Stormtroopers and lighgtsabers and phasers just fine, but it's great to see something like this come up once in a while.

You did an outstanding job. Now I gotta go drag the move out and watch it again. Great movie and a GREAT character.

Well done.

Steve

Thanks for the awesome comments. Funny thing about the cup... so many folks wanted me to "do the cup thing"...lol. I'm glad I had one for the outfit.

PJ

Where did you get the cup? Is it correct to the film?

Your story on the guns reminds me of a past endeavor where I made a shadow box using Denix revoolvers. I too painted the grips, and in the process learned the second gun was a different model pistol. So my display is Ringo's gun along with Doc's...

That's a daisy ;) Very cool costume, and you captured the character right down to the booze-soaked bones B) Your impressiveness know no bounds :D

That's terrific.

I love it when people costume to type/resemblance. Even a mediocre costume really 'pops' when the wearer looks similar to the actor, but when you have a costume *that* good, it's stunning.

Awesome job.

I got both the cup and cape off of eBay. :) I kept looking for the cape and could not find one. I didn't even know what they were called. I heard someone use the term "Opera Cape", but could not find anything like it. Then one day I searched on eBay for something simple like "Doc cape" and it popped up. It wasn't too bad, I think I gave $110 for it. I can probably get the contact info if you'd like.
The cup was one of those tin collapsible cups. I got it for $3 I think. I'm sure it's not correct to the movie as I added the handle myself. I cut a strip if tin and shaped it like a "D" then used JB Weld to connect it. Nothing fancy, but it worked great and was one of those "key" props.

pj

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back