Justice League

Finally D.C. cuts a terrific trailer. Now if they can only keep from revealing too much footage before the release date. We've already seen enough.

Diana and Bruce are solid and proven. They're going to carry the film.

I guess Barry is the comic relief. His line about pushing people and running away was hilarious. I'm still not sure but I can see him potentially getting annoyingly cringy. It might be my issue since I really don't like the actor. The Flash effects do look very cool, though.

I'm sorry but Vic still looks bad.

What really works with the trailer is that they seem to be a viable team

I am a little worried the script appears to tells us its themes instead of trusting us to read into it ("Each of us, in some way, is held back". "Don't engage alone. We'll do this together." Can they be more obvious about the teamwork talk?)

I hope they become a viable team even without Supes. Then, when he shows up, it'll put everything over the top. I will be really disappointed if they get together but seem lacking until Supes shows up to pull them together. (After all he's, like a beacon and stuff, y'know?)

All in all it's a terrific trailer.

Bleh.

Sorry, DC, you don't get to have it both ways! In the last movie, the world was supposedly terrified of Superman and Batman was actively trying to kill him on the off-chance he would go mad and destroy the world. Now, all of a sudden people are mourning his death, WORLD WITHOUT HOPE headlines are running, and Batman is spouting off about how Superman made people see the best in themselves?!

No. None of that was set up in prior movies. Playing on people's expectations and knowledge of characters outside what you've established in-world does not make for a good movie.

Bleh.

Sorry, DC, you don't get to have it both ways! In the last movie, the world was supposedly terrified of Superman and Batman was actively trying to kill him on the off-chance he would go mad and destroy the world. Now, all of a sudden people are mourning his death, WORLD WITHOUT HOPE headlines are running, and Batman is spouting off about how Superman made people see the best in themselves?!

No. None of that was set up in prior movies. Playing on people's expectations and knowledge of characters outside what you've established in-world does not make for a good movie.

Yeah when I heard all that loving talk about Supes, my immediate reaction was "you hated him to the point of deciding to KILL him, until 1 hour before his death, and now you mourn him like a lost best friend/hero?"

Weird.

Disagree. First those afraid of him were in the minority, unfortunately nowadays all the minority has to do is whine loud enough that their opinion gets to supersede the majority. Second Bruce Wayne is a man of epiphanies, he saw Superman sacrifice his life for this world. I'd say that should qualify you for a change of opinion as to your character. My 02c

Yeah when I heard all that loving talk about Supes, my immediate reaction was "you hated him to the point of deciding to KILL him, until 1 hour before his death, and now you mourn him like a lost best friend/hero?"

Weird.

Would be weird if it wasn't the whole point of Batman's redemption/reformation arc in BvS.

"I failed him in life. I won't fail him in death." Bruce Wayne seems to give more respect to what was happening in story than most of the audience. Who seem to be incredibly resistant to empathetic/thoughtful viewing.

sgirljl.jpg
I think it's a hologram of Superman. Not sure how seeing a red boot and cape is definitive of Supergirl.

Red cape, bare legs, red boots. Unless its from Superman's "experimental"phase, I'm going Supergirl.

The blue could be from the background/see through of the hologram.

Where I will concede is, that you can see quite high up the leg and no skirt is visible. They are some slender calves though, and the cut of the boot is straighter across the back than Cavill's previous boots that are scooped a bit.

Just actually looked at Affleck in that scene properly for the first time. The sorrowful look on his face does suggest its probably Superman.

Would be weird if it wasn't the whole point of Batman's redemption/reformation arc in BvS.

"I failed him in life. I won't fail him in death." Bruce Wayne seems to give more respect to what was happening in story than most of the audience. Who seem to be incredibly resistant to empathetic/thoughtful viewing.

It would be significantly LESS weird if Batman's revelation that Superman wasn't the bad guy didn't come in the last few minutes of the movie and hinge on the whole "martha" thing.

Also interesting how in the Comic-Con trailer right before they show Affleck with what looks like a hologram of a cape hero, the voiceover says "No protectors here... No lanterns, No Kryptonian.."

LanternS. Plural. Wonder what that's all about. Not only is it (presumably) acknowledging Green Lanterns in this universe.. but either implying there are no more... or at least, none for the sector that Earth is in. Curious what that's about.

I wonder if the hologram is Wayne (or CADMUS) making a new super.... possibly Powergirl?

Last edited by a moderator:

My problem with Brucefleck saying that is that "failing" someone means you've fallen short of a promise/duty. B and S had no relationship where this could have been true. Sounds nice but makes no sense.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back