Justice League

He may be just fine as a director, I don't know. However, I don't hear his name think good director, either. Seems like they just want a name for their director.

I don't recall ever hearing anyone say 'this movie's gonna be awesome becuase ben affleck's directing'....

I may be way off on his directing ability, but it definitely seems to confirm DC's own statement that they're just looking to cash in off the avengers success and not trying to really create something great.

I never think of anything good when I think of his name sadly. Seriously, DC needs to stick to animated stuff and leave live action to Marvel. I think as a team movie Avengers just happened to have the universe line up just right as it could have been a disaster. It also helps that the director's a fan of comics, I'm not sure Affleck is.

I dont know... Affleck appears to be a critically-acclaimed director. I loved Gone Baby Gone, and I hear very good things about The Town. Perhaps WB is aiming for a more gritty, serious film (similar to Nolan's Batman filcks) compared to the more lighthearted and fun style that Joss Whedon utilized in The Avengers.

The Town was a good movie, but that and Gone, Baby Gone are a VERY different type of movie from what the Justice League will likely be.

WB needs to approach it in a way similar to the way The Avengers was done. Start with individual movies, and slowly integrate crossovers, to show how they're all in the same universe. Maybe have Clark Kent, on assignment in Gotham, to interview Bruce Wayne about something.

Even if the heros don't know about each other, you'd think there was some higher entity (i.e. S.H.I.E.L.D. in the Marvel universe) who knew about all of them, and could congeal them into a cohesive team.

Maybe for the Justice League, you could have Martian Manhunter, orbiting earth in the WatchTower (invisible alien cloaking tech, dammit :lol), observing all of these heros in action, who approaches each them to join the League. Yeah, I know, very similar to the SHIELD thing, but let's be honest, how many different ways can you assemble a team of individual super-people?

-Fred

Start with individual movies, and slowly integrate crossovers, to show how they're all in the same universe. Maybe have Clark Kent, on assignment in Gotham, to interview Bruce Wayne about something.

And again, everyone always leaves out Wonder Woman. :cry

WB needs to approach it in a way similar to the way The Avengers was done. Start with individual movies, and slowly integrate crossovers, to show how they're all in the same universe. Maybe have Clark Kent, on assignment in Gotham, to interview Bruce Wayne about something.

Even if the heros don't know about each other, you'd think there was some higher entity (i.e. S.H.I.E.L.D. in the Marvel universe) who knew about all of them, and could congeal them into a cohesive team.

Maybe for the Justice League, you could have Martian Manhunter, orbiting earth in the WatchTower (invisible alien cloaking tech, dammit :lol), observing all of these heros in action, who approaches each them to join the League. Yeah, I know, very similar to the SHIELD thing, but let's be honest, how many different ways can you assemble a team of individual super-people?

-Fred

Problem is their on record as saying they want to 'cash in' on the avengers. They want JL more than any individual character right now and mainly because the avengers hit 1B worldwide.

I just don't think they want to take the time and lay the ground work. That'd put JL off what? 4-5 years from now and they don't want to wait. That said, I think it's possible to do the reverse. Start with JL and pick up the individuals from there. You'd want at least outlines of the individual movies done so you could make reference (possibly) to them in the movie. The end of JL1 could have an ending to tie it up and then add something that forces them all to go their own way (for individual flicks) to prep for JL2.

I just don't see them before farsighted enough to do it.

It'd be nice if they DID take the time to do it right. Anyone hear if Man of Steel would hve any JLA attached to it? THAT would be cool and very fitting if that's how they start it

I think the main problem for the casual movie goer is that at the moment Bale is Batman. They'd have to find away around that first. Plus I don't believe they need individual movies to do the JL movie. Maybe I'm wrong but only Batman, Superman and maybe WW are well known enough by the general public to carry off their own films.

They could/should put some sort of JL references in Man of Steel just to test the water.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back