Justice League

IMG_1889.PNG

That eye placement though.

They couldn't make the head turn... understandable.. I suppose.
But the fit? Come on. Many of you likely didn't notice, but they have revised the cowl once or twice. Some are foam, some are urethane rubber. I hope the others fit better..

I'll see it just to confirm I was right about how awful it will be. Kind of like the last Transformographagizers movie. I knew it was going to suck.

Now that I've got Moviepass I figure if I see at least one other movie in November then this one is effectively free. (But I do regret contributing to its box office take)

Last edited:
Come on people! If you want to talk about how you don't want to see it and why, great but all this "I'll probably see it but not because I want to" crap is asinine.

I’m glad someone else said it [emoji23]

Reel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll see it just to confirm I was right about how awful it will be. Kind of like the last Transformographagizers movie. I knew it was going to suck.
But thats how they win man. They dont give a **** if you like the movie or not, just that they got your money. Dont contribute to the box office take. Just wait until it comes out on redbox or something and rent it for a buck and half. It will be out by january anyway.

I don't get it either. "This movie looks like garbage, but I'll be there opening night just to confirm it!" All the studios care about is ticket sales. I certainly won't be spending any money on this. Maybe I'll give it a shot on HBO or something, but that's it. Same thing with the Han Solo movie. That might be the first Star Wars movie I don't see in the theater. I really hope I'm wrong about that one.

Agreed, I came in here, said it looked like a run of the mill dc movie that wasn't worth the $8.00 ticket, and left it at that. And I won't see, simply because it looks bad. Not "it looks terrible but I have to see it because...reasons."

I don’t understand why anyone has a need to continually crap on something that they have not seen or don’t want to see.

I thought the new transformers movie looked terrible, so I did not go see it. Period.

BTW - I am excited to see Justice League on the big screen and I will wait til I have seen it to pass judgement.

The problem is that many people are guilty of coming into movies with pre-conceived notions. No one here has seen it but if you think it's going to suck and all you do all is talk about how much it's going to suck then you lose all possibility of liking it. Same with die-hard fanboys who sike themselves up and are guaranteed to like ****ty movies because they don't want to admit something they were so hyped for sucked. For everyone's sake just go into a movie unbiased and if you can't do that then at least try to come up with a more constructive comment then, "this is gonna suck hard". A thought... can we just discuss the movie?

I was a huge fan of the Justice League as a kid. I am still a fan. I hope the movie is good.

Batman- Not an Affleck fan in any way. Thought he did ok as batman in the suit. Not so much as Bruce Wayne.

Wonder Woman- Love Gal Gadot. Thought she knocked it out of the park in both appearances so far.

Aquaman- Looks amazing

Cyborg- Looks ok too but CGI sometimes could be too much.

Flash- I don't like that costume at all. Not a fan of the actor they got to play him. In the suit he could easily be mistaken for Howie Mandel. Sad as I am a big Fan of CW Flash.

Superman- Pretty Good actually

Green Lantern-Please do something good with this character already. No armie hammer either.

All that being said. Who the heck is this Steppenwolf villain. Really?

There is a whole Legion of Doom to pick from.

I’m glad someone else said it [emoji23]

Reel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had once considered this place somewhere to enjoy geeking out over stuff I liked but it hasn't been that way for a while now, which is unfortunate. But, people's tastes will differ, which is fair enough.

Reminds me! I'm not massively enthused for episode VIII (well, until that last TV spot kicked the music in), so I'm off to go tell everyone how I'm gonna watch it...but ONLY to confirm that I will not 100% love the film, and that I will ONLY enjoy it the amount I'm claiming I will right now. ;)

I was a huge fan of the Justice League as a kid. I am still a fan.

All that being said. Who the heck is this Steppenwolf villain. Really?

I feel there is a contradiction here somewhere :p

Steppenwolf is traditionally the General of Apokolips' Armies, and Darkseid's Uncle. I am hearing that they've possibly altered that slightly to make Darkseid the Uncle/Steppenwolf the Nephew but unsure, it may not be even addressed.

He's a massive New God who is a military leader, and is one of only a few beings to have survived an attack by a Doomsday abomination. He carries a ******* electro axe and catches missiles in his bare hands. He's ****en metal.

And in this iteration I believe he's also weary - tired of conquering for Darkseid, so that may come into play. Ciaran Hinds is playing him, which is bloody brilliant.

The reviews are out, and they've got the usual things to say: a bit rushed, generic plot, overuse of CGI, and some underdeveloped things here and there. They say it's better than Suicide Squad and BvS (which doesn't really say much) but what's really interesting is how they say that the heroes were done right, they had great chemistry, and it's a fun movie. As long as they get the heroes right, I'm on board for it.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back