Justice League

Read that this morning....While it's sad that Nolan won't be on board for the Justice League movie, the idea that there'll be a start-connection in the Man of Steel looked good to me...I had hoped that Nolan would bring Bale back in for the film, but that might be off the table now...Which means they're going from ground zero with Batman again? Which..Well..Presents a few niggles I suspect...

The idea was always a little "rushed" anyway...Even using Bale, although there, it would make a fair bit of sense...And you'd not need to re-introduce the character to have the support of the fans watching it......But we'll see more when the Man of Steel comes out eh? I have a sinking feeling that Warner is pushing this through simply because they want to get something like Avengers...Sadly, so far, the groundwork hasn't been put in to the characters to warrant anything more than unease...But...I'm still hopeful...Avengers worked so well that they MUST see that without that preparation, the film wouldn't work..

Surely?

Its not like they would have any other choice about having to reboot batman. 3 villains that were so different that it wouldnt make sense to make bale's batman all of a sudden exist in a world of super villains. But idd we will see more when man of steel comes out cus if that movie wont bing in lots of cash they are just going to scratch any future dc movies for the near future. Since that is what its all about.

I was hoping Nolan and Bale would not be involved, it will need another kind of Batman, not Bales version.

Read the Script for George Miller's Aborted 'Justice League' Movie | Movie News | Movies.com

EXCLUSIVE: Leaked 'Justice League: Mortal' Script Review ~ Superhero Movies News | Comic Book Movie News 24/7

I have yet to read the script review or the script itself, but back then I wasn't sure how having a different actor play Batman would work while Nolan's Batman trilogy was still in progress.

It's probably best that it got scrapped, besides Superman I am still hoping we get more solo films of other DC characters before jumping into Justice League.

with all due respect, this is wrong

do you think everyone gave a **** about iron man? i mean people knew him in the US, but he wasnt the most popular character either.

And everywhere outside the US, only comic book nerds knew who he was, and comics arent readily available everywhere.
Same thing goes for Thor, or even Captain america.

I disagree with that, all 3 were well known enough to have been on TV back during the 80s, Iron Man with an animated series, & both Cap & Thor had TV series/TV movies. Granted none of them were runaway successes like their current counterparts but I'd hardly call them unknown, obviously Marvel at the time felt they were well known enough to put them on TV.

And while there are no plans yet for a “Justice League” spinoff featuring Ms. Gadot’s “Wonder Woman,” Warner executives said they are warm to the idea.

“That is our hope,” said Sue Kroll, president of worldwide marketing. “With the right script, that could be viable. The world is ready for her.”

The world may be ready but they sure as fudge aren't. Also nice for the Wallstreet Journal to label Wonder Woman as "Justice League spinoff" material. Obviously she can't work as a character unless she's directly associated with an organization that at this point is run entirely by men.

There is a thread floating around here somewhere with a "fan-made" (though pretty darn pro-looking) WW trailer that looked pretty cool, I can't imagine tossing her into a JL movie without providing a stand-alone origins story. If it was done right and taken seriously by the film makers it could seriously ROCK!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back