Justice League

No, we can't. I don't know how it's going to turn out, and I'll reserve my judgement for when it will come out. I moderately liked the directors cut of BvS and straight liked MoS, I like Affleck, I like Gadot and I like Ezra Miller, so chances are I'll be at least entertained for a couple hours, if nothing else.

again, because people will defend mediocrity.

why bother trying when you have an army of people who will accept just about anything?
Must we always assume that people who defend a movie we don't like are just kidding themselves and couldn't possibly have actually liked it for what it was? That's ridiculous and, frankly, asinine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Must we always assume that people who defend a movie we don't like are just kidding themselves and couldn't possibly have actually[\i] liked it for what it was? That's ridiculous and, frankly, asinine.

not sure how many times this needs to be brought up, but here it is again.

I have no doubt people can enjoy these movies for what they are. and in this free society you are perfectly able and willing to do so, no harm done.

But what I believe i continue to see, is people so tired of negativity, or anything even remotely seeming like it, that they will become negative towards the negativity themselves, if not downright snarky and hateful....and convince themselves that everything must therefore be good. despite evidence building up to the contrary.

at least that's been my experience interacting with people in the last, oh, year and a half or so ;o)

Must we always assume that people who defend a movie we don't like are just kidding themselves and couldn't possibly have actually[\i] liked it for what it was? That's ridiculous and, frankly, asinine.

Usually I would say yes, but in the case of Zack Snyder/Justice League Im going to say no. :lol And relax DC lovers, put the pitchforks down Im just kidding around... :rolleyes

Seriously though, if you liked BvS... :confused

View attachment 721063

Unite the League? Isn't that superfluous, like "Poop the turd"? :p

PoopTheTurd.jpg

First of all, I'll say that I'm excited for this film. There are multiple moments in the trailers that I find entertaining.

NOW, on to the more important discussion. While it's amusing, I don't actually like the "Poop the Turd" analogy. And the reason is, because it makes perfect sense. Poop the turd is totally logical. The problem with the poster is that "Unite the League" is NOT logical; it's stupid, because the very word "league" implies "unity".

A better analogy for this would be something like, "FREEZE THE ICE" or "BURN THE ASHES". But I guess those examples lose the snarky double-meaning, where the film is being compared to a turd.

First of all, I'll say that I'm excited for this film. There are multiple moments in the trailers that I find entertaining.

NOW, on to the more important discussion. While it's amusing, I don't actually like the "Poop the Turd" analogy. And the reason is, because it makes perfect sense. Poop the turd is totally logical. The problem with the poster is that "Unite the League" is NOT logical; it's stupid, because the very word "league" implies "unity".

A better analogy for this would be something like, "FREEZE THE ICE" or "BURN THE ASHES". But I guess those examples lose the snarky double-meaning, where the film is being compared to a turd.
How is poop the turd different from freeze the ice? How do you get ice? You freeze it. How else do you get a turd? You poop it. But yes Nexus6, those examples lose the double meaning, thank you for pointing that out to us. I doubt we would have figured it out otherwise... :rolleyes

How is poop the turd different from freeze the ice? How do you get ice? You freeze it. How else do you get a turd? You poop it. But yes Nexus6, those examples lose the double meaning, thank you for pointing that out to us. I doubt we would have figured it out otherwise... :rolleyes
*Grin* Glad to see you still have that chip on your shoulder.

*Sigh* OMG, OK, slowly this time, the difference is, you freeze water. Which later becomes ice. So you're not freezing the ice. "Freeze the ice" actually doesn't make sense with regard to the poster.

And I can't even believe I'm having to explain this, but NO, you don't "get" a turd by pooping it, the turd is already in there, pooping is how one eliminates it. (<-- and that's all the help I'm going to give you on this part. :lol)

And since you're obsessing about it, there's actually NO real double-meaning, because "poop the turd" doesn't make any sense in this context. Just stick with the straight-forward crapping-on-the-unreleased-film to get your point across.

*Another big deal made out of nothing, brought to you by Snikt*

'what makes you think she's a witch?' 'what, she turned me into a newt....' 'a newt?' .....

sorry, lost track of what we where talking about :)...I just don't like reading the word poop so much :)

See, this is a prime example that the ignore feature needs a rework. That whole post was one big eyeroll. Its like Nexus6 is the *ACTCHUALLLYY* meme personified. Gimme a break.

This conversation just became interesting.
I haven't been this amused at a conversation on here for quite some time. A discussion about the differences between ice and poop. :lol
At your service. *tips hat* :p

See, this is a prime example that the ignore feature needs a rework. That whole post was one big eyeroll. Its like Nexus6 is the *ACTCHUALLLYY* meme personified. Gimme a break.
Heh, and the minute someone disagrees with your opinion, EVEN IN JEST, every thread you're involved in becomes an eye-roll. And if we're now going to compare each other to Internet memes, then you're the "I can't come to bed right now mom, someone is wrong on the internet" guy, combined with the "you wouldn't dare talk to me like that in person" guy.

Seriously, there's this new thing called chilling-the-hell-out, you should look into it. If you're getting this bent out of shape every time a differing opinion is presented, you're gonna pop a blood vessel in your melon before too long. :lol

Gotta admit, those are far more appropriate analogies to explain the error in the slogan "Unite the League". But "Poop the turd" was the first thing that came to my mind at the time. :p

It would have made more sense if two or three movies down the road (if they even make it past this first one), the JL disbands due to some internal conflict, then the slogan "Unite the League" would be fitting for the sequel after that.

Gotta admit, those are far more appropriate analogies to explain the error in the slogan "Unite the League". But "Poop the turd" was the first thing that came to my mind at the time. :p
You made ME laugh. :thumbsup

It would have made more sense if two or three movies down the road (if they even make it past this first one), the JL disbands due to some internal conflict, then the slogan "Unite the League" would be fitting for the sequel after that.
Very sound logic, sir. I couldn't agree more. (y)cool

Except...if we follow through (HA, so much poop comedy) on it...you would then have to "re-unite" the league after they've disbanded.

League is a noun. Unite is a verb. Verb the Noun. Poop the Turd fits. Unite the league fits - it is logical. :popcorn

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back