$999 Mockingjay Pin at Target

Rebelscum

Sr Member
Just saw this on CNN...

$999 Mockingjay pins? Find them at Target

Target is typically the place to stock one's closet with bargain finds, but the retailer is moving into a more high-end category, and all because of "The Hunger Games."

In alignment with the film's release on DVD and Blu-ray August 18, Target's going to sell "Hunger Games"-themed "keepsakes" in very limited quantities on Target.com, including 100 14-carat gold replicas of Katniss Everdeen's Mockingjay pin.

Katniss herself, however, would probably experience sticker shock over the price: Target's retailing the replica pins for $999.

120807064707-target-mockingjay-pin-replica-story-top.jpg

It's the first time the outlet has offered licensed products in that range, a statement says, and the other two keepsake items are pricier than what you might usually expect from the store chain.
In addition to the pins, Target's also planning to offer 100 replicas of Katniss's leather jacket (seen in the photo from the film above) for $349; and 100 lithographs bearing the signatures of 10 of the blockbuster film's stars - including the actress who portrayed Katniss, Jennifer Lawrence.
Target's Vice President of Entertainment, John Butcher, said in a statement that while Target is indeed known "for providing must-have merchandise at an unbeatable value ... we wanted to surprise our guests by taking it up a notch for ‘The Hunger Games’ and unveiling a prestige collection for devoted fans.”

$999 Mockingjay pins? Find them at Target – The Marquee Blog - CNN.com Blogs

Wow, pretty expensive pin.

Is this thing Solid gold?? I agree. The movie was kinda weak. I'm glad they supported around 30 prop makers for production though.

And I thought some of the prices for things in the Junkyard were too high.

Sent from my Etch-A-Sketch

Wow, $999. I too thought it was a typo. And for the prop that the movie changed the whole background story too, pass even if it was $9.99. Then the jacket looks brand new, supposed to be her fathers aka old

Maybe the movie wasn't too good, but you've got to remember that there are some diehard book fans out there that just might be crazy enough to buy something like this.

Maybe the movie wasn't too good, but you've got to remember that there are some diehard book fans out there that just might be crazy enough to buy something like this.

Only 100, and the movie is big with many fans. I expect they will sell and some will hit ebay and go for more than $999.

It's a ridiculous price, especially if it's only a cast of the promo/NECA version but in gold instead of regular metal. It's not even accurate to the original made by Dana Schneider.

Now, if they're offering an original Dana Schneider version, made by her and her shop to be movie accurate, then I could *possibly* see the item justifying the cost...

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back