Captain Picard 1:1 W.I.P

Glyn800

Finally found a resin lifecast of Patrick Stewart to use for this project, used a commonly found "wig head" to finish off the rear due to the cast only being 3/4.

328316_4312138278933_771687472_o.jpg

He will be seated in this..........

384263_2674515539388_785636129_n.jpg

Glyn

G.D.M Props

It's possibly of no use to you but if you wanted a recording of Patrick Stewart specifically for your set up, I happen to do a decent impersonation (much to my wife's delight). If you are interested just give me the lines you want and where to send them and I shall "make it so!".

Awesome work so far, looks just like him, and the captains chair is spot on... Great display!
I guess a facepalm would be out of the question? It would make for a funny display!:behave

Anywho, can't wait to see updates!

haha with the mannequin im working with a face palm is not out of the realm of possibility :)
Thankyou guys for the hugely positive comments so far.
Blennus i may be in touch for one of your impressions soon :)

Thanks again guys

Ok guys bit of an update, please ignore the uniform (it was one i made for halloween a few years ago) I need some help do you prefer the sitting or standing pose.
322981_4344270722224_1377157550_o.jpg

620979_4343649146685_1760711963_o.jpg

You should get the foam bendy mannequin that you can position to sit. It would look more natural. The mannequin you have there doesn't look very natural sitting.

It's looking excellent so far.

If you don't mind a little constructive critique, I think you should look at his left (as we face him) cheek area and narrow it a little. Perhaps a fraction on the right side too. When I look at your sculpt, the area stands out as being too prominent. If I block it out a little with my finger, it TOTALLY captures Jean-Luc. I realise it's from a lifecast but lc's distort somewhat.

Love the display area - awesomeness!

Al

Thanks for all the great comments so far.

Ob1al
I think that the cheek area is down to my shading and not the cast itself this was the first time i have ever tried doing the "6 0clock" shading and may have over done it slightly which is producing the effect you describe as in person i cannot see it but it shows on the pictures. Good catch though i shall work those areas some more :)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back