1:1 Evil Dead II Ash bust (with skintone painting tutorial) - FINISHED 17/2/13

Re: 1:1 Evil Dead II Ash bust WIP (with skintone painting tutorial)

Hey,
Nice job! I'm ridiculously new to rpf(in fact, this will forever be my very first post!).
I feel it is fitting since I worked for KNB fx in the early 90s and was lucky enough to help out a little on Army of Darkness. I just helped paint latex into the skeleton warrior armor molds, I did cooler stuff later on. Well, I just wanted to start reaching out, again, very cool. I'd encourage you to make a mold of the finished product.

OK, the final eyes turned up, so I can get back to work on this....

New 28mm eyes with an 11.3mm brown iris from Tech Optics. And a dark brown wig.

Ash27-EyesandWig.jpg

Still have to cut and style the hair and add blood around the hairline, and I haven't tried to alter the eyebrows yet, and no eyelashes yet. I think I'll stick with this wig, but I may change to a gregory wig before cutting and styling. Thoughts?

Those Tech Optics eyes are amazing.
Iris size makes a huge difference.

Eyelashes will make them pop.

OK, finally got time to get this one finished. :thumbsup

This is the main reference image set that I've worked from:

AshReference.jpg

Blood work was based on the left image, with hair based on the right image.

So, since the last update, I have sorted the hair - no cutting (Ash has long hair at the start of the film) but did style it using wet-look firm-hold hair gel, added eyelashes (individual hairs glued on), added blood along the hairline, and smudged/broke up the edges on the bloody scars.

Ash28b-Hairgelandsmudgedblood.jpg

Ash28a-Hairgelandsmudgedblood.jpg

Ash28c-Hairgelandsmudgedblood.jpg

Ash28d-Hairgelandsmudgedblood.jpg

And a slight movie cross-over:

AshvsCheryl.jpg

Ha ha ha....that is just an awesome result mate. Amazing how those little details like the iris size etc really have made an impact on your end product. It certainly has been a very helpful thread.

Really really enjoyed it mate. Next please?

Regards
TAZ

Your resculpting and your paint RULES. LOVE the eyes (and thought the idea you had to have him looking off and down gave him some real personality).

I think your hair needs to be tweaked a little. Examine his hairline. I figure it might be really difficult to do anything with the resin, but you're almost there, and the project might benefit from a bit more tweaking.

The one other thing - and it's the thing that's holding this back from being just absolutely flawless in my view - the EYEBROWS. Look to their shape and the placement near the bridge of the nose.

Your work here is inspirational - I seriously feel like trying this myself after seeing that it can be done. The thing with the floral foam? And the ears? Just awesome problem solving, man. Truly.

Hey Howlrunner -

I saw your work while I was on campus and didn't have a chance to elaborate. Now that I'm home, I've slapped a quick comp together in Photoshop. The hairline would be even more accurate on your build if it were squared off a little, and Campbell's eyebrows - especially in the images you cited as reference - are thinner and have that fork to them. And it sorta' feels like they sit JUST a LITTLE bit lower, as well.

Please understand I mean absolutely no disrespect - I'm simply so wowed by the work, and I feel like it's almost perfect, and that these slight tweaks would just nail it.

Also - be advised that I don't have the talent to pull off what you've done, so maybe I should just **** off! :)

RevAshHowlrunner_zps381149e8.jpg

Truly inspiring work and I greatly appreciate the tutorial. I am going to make a Bane and try this technique. I will then redo my Indy and Riddick.

Noooooooo this was one of the best downright easy to follow skin tutorial I'd read on the internet. Bring it back!!!!!!!!!

Regards
T
A
Z

Ill vote for bringing this back too, Howlrunner if you would be so kind when you have a moment, it would be greatly appreciated. The tutorial sounds awesome and with pics, I'm sure its breathtaking!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back