Daredevil (Netflix Series)

Marvel hasn't messed up yet. I'm starting to get worried after the whole Ant Man drama.

I hope they don't start churning out stuff like the Fantastic Four by Fox. I'm starting to feel that we should seriously treasure the Marvel Phase One movies. I hope we are not approaching the end of the golden age of comic movies.

That being said, I'm prepared to binge watch this as soon as it shows up, unless it sucks.

My concern is, how involved is Marvel Studios going to be? There's definitely a quality gap between recent TV efforts (*ahem* AoS *ahem*) and their films. Not sure if Leob or Fiege is going to be calling the shots with the NF shows. In all honesty I have doubts about Loeb's ability to produce shows geared for adult audiences, but maybe being on NF and without having to worry about parental ratings, that'll help their focus. Gotta figure NF has a say in how the shows are made, maybe they'll be another beacon to right the ship.

My concern is, how involved is Marvel Studios going to be? There's definitely a quality gap between recent TV efforts (*ahem* AoS *ahem*) and their films. Not sure if Leob or Fiege is going to be calling the shots with the NF shows. In all honesty I have doubts about Loeb's ability to produce shows geared for adult audiences, but maybe being on NF and without having to worry about parental ratings, that'll help their focus. Gotta figure NF has a say in how the shows are made, maybe they'll be another beacon to right the ship.
I'm more forgiving of AoS because the show was really designed to get rolling after The Winter Soldier was released. AoS therefore was mostly filler (with some sparse character development) until then. I suspect the show is now free to develop the way it's supposed to develop.

Good choice. I don't think you can do a visually accurate version of the Kingpin, but D'Onofrio can certainly bring the menace.

Apologies- I posted this on the Netflix thread before seeing this one!

Here's Charlie Cox as Matt Murdock in the new Netflix DareDevil series! I can't wait to see the costume

charlie-cox-in-daredevil-netflix-series-first-photos-02.jpg

A few more pics are here
http://www.justjared.com/photo-gall...-in-daredevil-netflix-series-first-photos-02/

How tall is this guy? Judging by the "Push" sign on the door behind him, not very.

5'10, according to IMDB. Reasonable height, in my opinion. Perspective is playing with you in that picture, and they may also use forced perspective shots to make him look taller at moments.

My Halloween costume this year is my take on Daredevil, a more "street" Daredevil. So I'm really looking forward to seeing what they come up with.

Last edited:
Logo:

Press Release:

" Marvel and Netflix are proud to announce an exclusive “Marvel’s Daredevil” signing event at New York Comic Con on Saturday, October 11 from 3:45-4:45 p.m. ET at the Marvel Booth (#1354)

For the first time, Charlie Cox (Matt Murdock), Deborah Ann Woll (Karen Page), Elden Henson (Foggy Nelson), and Vincent D’Onofrio (Wilson Fisk) will meet with fans.

All fans who participate in this signing will also receive an exclusive “Marvel’s Daredevil” production concept art poster, drawn by Marvel Chief Creative Officer and legendary artist Joe Quesada.

Please note: this is a ticketed event. Interested fans should arrive at the Marvel Booth when the doors open at 10:00 a.m. ET on the day of the signing to participate in a random drawing for the opportunity to get one (1) item signed by the cast.

“Marvel’s Daredevil” follows the journey of Matt Murdock, who was blinded as a young boy but imbued with extraordinary senses, now fighting against injustice by day as a lawyer, and by night as the super hero Daredevil in modern day Hell’s Kitchen, New York City.

Marvel’s first original series on Netflix is Executive Produced by series Showrunner Steven S. DeKnight (“Spartacus,” “Buffy: The Vampire Slayer,” “Angel”) and Drew Goddard (“Cabin in the Woods,” “Lost,” “Buffy The Vampire Slayer,” in addition to writing the first two episodes of “Marvel’s Daredevil”), along with Marvel TV’s Jeph Loeb (“Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.,” “Smallville,” “Heroes”).

“Marvel’s Daredevil” is produced by Marvel Television in association with ABC Studios for Netflix "

First Marvel/Netflix DAREDEVIL Concept Art | Newsarama.com

"The illustration shows a man, presumably Daredevil, in street clothes with taped up bloody fists. While it's not the superhero costume fans are expecting in the Netflix television series, this may be a transitional costume before he becomes an actual superhero. This street-level costume (at least in Queada's black & white rendering) is curiously reminscient of the Daredevil costume worn by Rex Smith in the 1989 live-action television film the Trial of the Incredible Hulk, but again, how final this 'costume' is remains to be seen."

I wonder how many episodes will it be before he dons the updated costume.

15321323830_97b0f6f83b_o.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised if it's a pretty far into the series before we see a costume. I think his costume is pretty close what he wore in The Man Without Fear when he rescued Mickey

DD4.jpg

Oh boy, I hope they release the footage or a teaser later today. These bits from the panel has got me more excited.

AgentM: "Loeb reminding the fans we'll have Jessica Jones, Iron Fist & Luke Cage... Then The Defenders. But #Daredevil first! #MarvelNYCC "

"Loeb confirms that we do not have Jessica Jones or Luke Cage cast yet. So don't listen to silly rumors."

"Oh, and here we go with our first look at #Daredevil footage. In Karen Page's apartment."

"So that was a BRUTAL fight scene. "

"#Daredevil Cast coming on stage. Ben Urich, Leland Owsley, Vanessa Fisk, Foggy, Karen Page, Wilson Fisk, Matt Murdock."

"Oh WOW Vincent D'Onofrio looks PERFECTLY like Wilson Fisk."

"Loeb gave a fun anecdote about @ JoeQuesada knowing he found the perfect Matt Murdock before we had the #Daredevil rights back."

"And Steven S. DeKnight is on stage! Also shout out to @ rosariodawson who can't be here."

"And yeah, @ rosariodawson plays Claire, a NURSE who works at NIGHT "

"We got to see a #Daredevil scene where Claire is tending to Matt's wounds...after she found him beaten, in a dumpster. "

"Showrunner @ stevendeknight talked about how he and Loeb discussed doing a #Daredevil show years ago, when they were on Buffy."

""She is not Vanessa "Fisk" yet in the series. But she's Wilson's love Vanessa "

"We just saw the scene where Wilson Fisk first meets Vanessa. Intense."

"Our Fisk, he's a child and a monster." D'Onofrio on his character.

"Vanessa brings Wilson Fisk out of the shadows. This is, like Charlie Cox as Matt Murdock, his origin."

"Loeb says that sometimes we'll root for Wilson, and sometimes we'll root for Matt. "

"And @ stevendeknight says there's lots of grey area. Matt is just a few steps away from being Frank Castle."

"Also @ stevendeknight mentioned that Man Without Fear storyline was very impactful for him, and influences his take on #Daredevil "

" "Karen IS trouble." Deborah Ann Woll on Karen Page."

"Matt battles with who and what his father was a lot in #Daredevil. "

"It's grounded in gritty reality, but there's a super hero element. Cox on #Daredevil "

"D'Onofrio is talking about how he went and got a big stack of #Daredevil comics after reading the first script"

"Charlie Cox talking about how it's cool to have all #Daredevil episodes drop at once on #Netflix."

"Fan asked if #Daredevil will cross with #AgentsofSHIELD. Jeph says, "#itsallconnected" "

"Charlie Cox says he really likes the #Daredevil comics by @ brianmbendis & Alex Maleev a lot. It suits the tone of the show."

"Charlie Cox references #Daredevil #32 by Bendis & Maleev and a courtroom scene that is really great."

"And our last #Daredevil clip was the intense, bloody, finale of the fight we saw at the beginning."

"And that's a wrap for the #Daredevil NYCC panel! I think everyone dug it hardcore! "

BzstZvVIgAAcryh.jpg:large

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back