Daredevil (Netflix Series)

well, its reverting back it seems. no galactus or silver surfer, thats a bummer.
until when do they have to start production on FF before they lose the rights?

i dont see marvel producing a standalone dd movie, without spiderman references, or iron fist/luke cage to incorporate somehow

personally i would love it, if they didnt make a movie, but a daredevil tv show. People love those lawyer crime shows, why not do that, and add the superhero by night thing.
i would watch that.

Considering how badly Fox botched the theatrical version of Daredevil, the rights reverting to Marvel is probably a good thing. :thumbsup

Considering how badly Fox botched the theatrical version of Daredevil, the rights reverting to Marvel is probably a good thing. :thumbsup
the thing is, i dont see marvel making a daredevil movie in at least 10 years. they have their 2 movies per year thing going, that is booked for at least 2015, and the way i see it, Daredevil doesnt fit in there. they might put him in the tv show, but movie, i dont think he will see one in a long time

Here's my vision for a Daredevil TV show:

12 episode limited series. Depicts the Born Again story arc by Frank Miller. Involves Captain America towards the end, in a more prominent position, and features appearances by Thor and Iron Man in one episode.

If you've never read the TPB of Born Again, GET IT. It's mindblowing, and it's already storyboarded. The story is drawn (by Dave Mazzucchelli, so don't worry about Miller's admittedly odd artistic style) in a very cinematic way. Seriously, do yourself a favor and go take a look if you haven't before.

....aaaaand apparently Carnahan wanted to do this storyline. Which makes sense. Because it's awesome. But I think it'd be better done as a TV series.

Last edited:
A possible 60+ episodes when you include The Defenders team-up mini series :eek God I hope Netflix spreads out the release of these series b/c if they release all 5 of them at the same time, I won't see sunlight for a whole month!

I have been hearing rumors of Marvel being interested in Michael C. Hall for Daredevil and as a HUGE fan of Dexter I think that would be a phenomenal casting! Heres to hoping anyway :)

I quite enjoyed STARZ's Spartacus show, so the notion that the director (or someone who had directed some episodes on it) is taking over Daredevil is decent news. Not sure how he'll be as a showrunner, but I'll give it a chance.

Similar thoughts re: Charlie Cox. He's a talented actor, no question. Not someone I'd consider the spitting image of Matt Murdock (I'd go with a buff, 20-years-younger Eric Stoltz purely on visuals), but I'm less concerned with the guy looking the part, and more concerned with his ability to bring the part to life. In that respect, I think Charlie Cox will be just fine. Plus, he doesn't arrive with a ton of preconceived notions about him as an actor the way a lot of larger American names might.

On the whole, pretty good news. And hey, at least it's not in development hell.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back