Daredevil (Netflix Series)

Well, guess I'm finally going to start season 1!

I loved the punisher growing up. And I have got to have beers and talk with John Bernthal a few times helping him at a local con.

I promise you guys he is one of the nicest actors I ever dealt with. Such a sweet sincere man.

I told him that after I asked: "you know why I KNOW that you are a great actor?"

Because you play an ******* Soo well! So either your acting NOW or yeah... LOL.

Seriously if you ever see him at a con make sure and get an autograph. It's actually worth it with this one.

Class act.

Both of the trailers for this season have been absolutely amazing. I can't wait for 3/18. :thumbsup

Last edited:
12771550_1721119681457601_3076584134497299530_o.jpg

rlKgMJ3.jpg

Well, guess I'm finally going to start season 1!

I loved the punisher growing up. And I have got to have beers and talk with John Bernthal a few times helping him at a local con.

I promise you guys he is one of the nicest actors I ever dealt with. Such a sweet sincere man.

I told him that after I asked: "you know why I KNOW that you are a great actor?"

Because you play an ******* Soo well! So either your acting NOW or yeah... LOL.

Seriously if you ever see him at a con make sure and get an autograph. It's actually worth it with this one.

Class act.

I 100% agree. The guy is sincere and humble. I got a few autographs from him back in 2012 I believe it was. I got to talk a few minutes about his role in TWD and the depth he brought to the character. He REALLY wrote a nice long note on one of his photos in appreciation for understanding Shane and his end note to "Stay Bada**". Hilarious, kind... absolutely agree one of THE best celebrity encounters I have ever had at a convention.

I'm SO excited to see what he does with The Punisher in this next season of Daredevil.

Feel like they've revealed a hell of a lot of scenes here. But then its 13 hours of footage and not 2 hours like a film, so you know there'll be plenty.

I'm not quite feeling Elektra yet, which is a bit gutting. Not insinuating she'll be bad or anything, I just dont quite feel that it fits yet. I'm sure ill be proven wrong.

3 days!

I want to like Elektra. She's got a great exotic face and a nice presence ... but Jennifer Garner was more athletic - stronger shoulders.

I want to like Elektra. She's got a great exotic face and a nice presence ... but Jennifer Garner was more athletic - stronger shoulders.

I have no idea why, but I have such a strong hatred/dislike for Jennifer Garner. Havent enjoyed her in any movies I dont think. Watched a few old episodes of "Dinner for Five" and she came across as really not my type of person.

But then this new Elektra more reminds me of Nyssa Al Ghul in Arrow - similar type character, assassin etc. I hope she brings a unique take to the role. We'll see.

So anyone starting on a Bernthal Punisher costume yet? It seems pretty simple from all the promo pictures. Black shirt, a certain type of body armor with the logo and a distressed blackish brown trench coat with what looks like dark blue jeans? I guess we'll have to wait until Friday. But from what I've seen it looks to be the most realistic and natural incarnation of his suit. Say what you will but I was never a big fan of his classic suit, he's suppose to be a murderous anit-hero vigilante I don't see them wearing a special suit. This just seems like he's trying a little but going practical yet not over the top. Close to the Thomas Jane one but less playful in a sense and definitely more befitting.

As brutally brilliant as you could have hoped, and Bang ,what a hell of an opener! The Punisher is in proper Terminator mode from the start and it doesn't blink away for a moment from the very graphic results of that violence. All thirteen episodes are up, I'm going to try and limit them to two a day .

Sat down to watch the first episode and here I am stopping at episode 5.. At 5 in the morning!

WOW. The production value blows me away.. It really is like a thirteen hour movie. The fight scenes seem just as amazingly choreographed as season one, and just as brutal to boot, but the look of the show is what really gets me. Just so well shot.

Thomas Jane was great as the Punisher, but I've always felt he was just a little too "pretty boy" for my tastes.
I said this in the beginning.. Jon Bernthal looks like he's been hit in the face a couple times, (that's a complement! :lol )and they absolutely played that up so far. He just has the "look" and clearly the talent to go with it.
He truly carries himself as a soldier, a man with a mission, and from the little bit I've seen I can say with absolute certainty he has the best portrayal of the Punisher I've ever seen.

Last edited:
There is a limit to what I can find comfortable watching on TV and "Daredevil" comes perilously close to crossing it at times. There were a couple of things I did not need to see. Fantastic stairwell fight sequence in 3 and classic DD takedowns in 4 and I agree John R is "The Punisher" like Charlie is "The Daredevil". But just how in the hell some of those torture scenes get allowed on TV are beyond me.

I said this in the beginning.. John Rosenthal looks like he's been hit in the face a couple times, (that's a complement! :lol )and they absolutely played that up so far. He just has the "look" and clearly the talent to go with it.
He truly carries himself as a soldier, a man with a mission, and from the little bit I've seen I can say with absolute certainty he has the best portrayal of the Punisher I've ever seen.

Then John BERNTHAL should be even better.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back