Show me your Iron Man suit

OOoooh, I forgot about this thread. I favorited it a long while back when I was just getting into the suits, and forgot to come back and post mine. So, this is my "classic" HulkBuster!

2.jpg1.jpg4.jpg5.jpg

Thanks!

Sorry if its inappropriate to comment this here....but i wasnt getting any help out there

I just need some basic information about foam crafting

I dont know much about crafting. Did make 2 foam costumes before... but for my lack of knowledge about resins or necessary materials i just used wood glue to coat the foam and spray paint over it...
But now i want to learn foam crafting properly
so for example I MAKE A COSTUME WITH FOAM. Then what do i do?
i mean to harden it. to make it look smooth. etc etc
***Can any one please please please give me a step by step guide on it?***

Thank for the time to read my post

There are a number of different way that you can treat the foam to harden it. Like you mention wood glue works really well and helps seal the foam so that it can be painted. That is the method I use most often. For the parts that you want to be extremely rigid (for me, mostly the feet or the helmet) I typically put a coat or two of fiberglass on the inside of the foam. This keeps it from bending at all. However for most parts of the suit, especially like the ab's area, or joints area, a little flex is typically a good thing.

There are many different takes on the finishing of a suit, as well as many threads on the different ways.

Last edited by a moderator:
mark 38 gemini pepakura files NEEDED!!! PLZ CAN ANYONE SHARE IT WITH ME

There's a page on facebook called Cosplay Foam - if you go to the photos, there's an album called Free Pepakura and there's a Gemini template in there. I'd link to it, but I can't get on fb here in work

IMG_0807.JPGIMG_0808.JPGIMG_0809.JPGIMG_0810.JPGIMG_0811.JPGIMG_0831.JPG
My Mark 6 armor, showing regular position, repulsing position, arm out, bending to show the flexible abs, and 'sleeping' lol. also a shot of the real thing for comparison.

Yeah, I need to get on the bandwagon with an Iron Man suit. These are incredible. If anyone is looking to part with one, please let me know

Damn Gents, there is some fine work going on here.
I'm currently part way through my carbon fibre helmet build (check out http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=250518 ) but thought I would throw a pic or 2 up here.
An entire carbon fibre suit would be mad as.
Maybe, depending on how the helmet goes.
IMG_9119.JPG

This is going to be the plug to make the mould and then lay the solid carbon from that.

87sf

what did you use for the inner elbow? how far can you bend your arms?

Is a strip of foam with 6 more bands glued, then covered with pva (6 hands) sanded with fine 200 paper and sprayed with plasti spray. Then primer and paint and finisher. The foam actually bends without cracking, but the arm can bend just 90 degrees due to hinges.
Hope this can help you!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back