Show me your Iron Man suit

261332_10151384459724022_176442581_n.jpg

Here are some shots of my MK 3 suit. The suit is a Masked Rider with custom unibeam, repulsors, and replaced/upgraded wrist plates.

480444_4898662342506_1312149456_n.jpg

881987_4898663822543_1653176094_o.jpg

429770_4898665222578_164447419_n.jpg

sweet looking suit man :) i followed the thread when masked rider was building this

Thank you for the compliment! I just want to clarify that this is one of Leslee's kits, but each piece was modified/finished by me to fit properly (which was no small endeavor) :).

You look great in the IM suit Skruffy, may I ask how is the mobility? and what are you using for the under armor/gloves? I'll have my IM suit in a couple months (MR Kit) can't wait :D

Mobility is as good as it can be, but certainly isn't great. I can't sit, I can't climb stairs, and I can't even scratch my own nose! Sitting and stairs are part a function of my height & the size this armor was designed for (I'm at the low end of the scale at a RDJ sized 5'9) and also that I didn't want a lot of undersuit showing in the midsection (I chose accuracy/appearance over comfort/mobility).

For undersuit, I'm using EastBay Evapor compression shirt & pants in Cardinal Red:
Sneakers, Casual Shoes, Athletic Shoes Online | Eastbay.com and search for products 6846403 and 6842403.

The gloves are a pair of maroon opera gloves that I top-coated with a light spray of Meltonian Scarlet.

They're not perfect, but I'm please with how well everything matches the color of the armor. The undersuit doesn't jump out at you the way it can do with black ones, IMO.

I am really happy to see someone else being about 5'9" and still making masked riders suit look awesome! Got my own soon on the way, and was slightly worried about it, since I'm only about the same height myself. Just wondering, Skruffy, what would you say was the biggest issue when making it fit as perfect as it does on you? :)

Each and every piece took work, which is why I refer to it as a kit. I believe Masked Rider calls it "completed", but I don't see how anyone could wear one out of the box, which is my definition of complete. I spent over a week just on the hands - getting each knuckle piece to be a balance of coverage and mobility and to fit my fingers properly, for example.

By far the hardest thing to get to look right was the ab section. It comes as one piece, but I had to cut it into 3 (ab, kidney, and crotch). I then had to completely re-size the crotch so it didn't have a massive flare at the hips, but do so in a way that it still fit seamlessly over the bottom of the ab section. It was rough.

None of that is a dig at the armor - it's truly fantastic, especially once you put a layer of clear coat on top of it - but it was anything but buy'n'wear.

enete4eq.jpg

Got most of the top half pepped and just started bondo. Ill leave the pep pics. No one wants to see them anymore it seems lol. Its darkside501st v2 file im using

J

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

I see. Its good that you can edit it yourself. I just happened to be right for the .95 scale. Ill have a look for it later and may put it in my im archive for future reference lol

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Got this bad boy done by a very talented rpf member :)

We were going for durability to help the suit hold up much longer than usual. The suit has since been enhanced with protectors on the joints to prevent rubbing and cracking.

I LOVE IT! LOL and it even makes sounds :D

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back