Building The ANH 5'Millennium Falcon

Yeah, let's just make it 5' & cut all the donors to fit!.
I better duck though when the lynch mob hunts me down, blaming me for their parts not fitting right:lol

i recently starting on modeling this one in 3d myself, i havnt done much more than start on some of the kit parts, but maybe this will help a little?

i did a little plan work on one of the top down pics, and sized it to match a 5/75" tube. the 'lil blue circles are my best guess of where the camera is, and the crosshairs are where i think its pointing, but the dims come out really, really close to what you earlier posted when using a 5.75" base measure:

View attachment 108387

Hi Stu, congrats on starting your build!
Excellent work on those dims you've been working on! I haven't had the time to check my dims to help you out I will as soon as I have some spare time.
This thread is going to be epic:thumbsup

Bests mate

i recently starting on modeling this one in 3d myself, i havnt done much more than start on some of the kit parts, but maybe this will help a little?

i did a little plan work on one of the top down pics, and sized it to match a 5/75" tube. the 'lil blue circles are my best guess of where the camera is, and the crosshairs are where i think its pointing, but the dims come out really, really close to what you earlier posted when using a 5.75" base measure:

View attachment 108387

Hey thanks for taking the time to do those measures, good to know I'm not way off, another opinion is much appreciated. All this high-tech computer mapping is beyond me, I'm way too much 'old school'.
Stu

Hi Stu, congrats on starting your build!
Excellent work on those dims you've been working on! I haven't had the time to check my dims to help you out I will as soon as I have some spare time.
This thread is going to be epic:thumbsup

Bests mate

Cheers Rod, yeah, it's going to be epic alright!. Epic in time/money/materials/time/pouring over ref/money/materials/time/bench space/pouring over ref/paint etc.... :behave

Really looking forward to your input, if it wasn't for yourself & all the other Falcon nutters out there I wouldn't have even considered it.
The info that has come out over the last couple of years is staggering & has made a build possible for me.:)
Stu

Ha, great idea, Wankel- the official measurement for the 5 footer Millennium Falcon Builders Guild!. Grab a Wankel & get building:lol

The FFMFBG....

Have Wankel.... Will build..?

Get your Wankel on...

Hey!..... Nice wankel.

Show us ya Wankel..!!

Last edited:
Hi Eagle 1 ,
I admire you for setting out on the task you have set yourself, as a long time fan of the Falcon I made my own attempt at a large scale version a bit smaller than the original 5 foot version my own comes out at 32 inches across and 42 inches long it was featured in volume 19 of sci.fi fantasy modeller a few months back none of the original parts were used they were are scratchbuilt aprt from a hand full of bits from my spares box a good reference book to have is the sculpting a galaxy by Lorne Peterson if I can help with any ideas for construction let me know
good luck with your mammoth project you will need it.

regards Barrie

Hi again fellas.
Here is my first part for the beast, the so used in Y-Wing and Falcon lore 8 Rad-Kettenkrad detail plate.
This is a resin copy, I am missing some stuff like the Nichimo Jagdtiger and Bandai Kubelwagen stuff but I'll paste them later. It's a quite hard to cast part, it generates tons of bubbles but I managed to get rid of 95% of them.

As you know Stu, you can count with copies of this plate for your build.:thumbsup

I will start my build with the mandibles but I have worked in the cockpit also as I build a 1/48th cockpit for my Hasbro Legacy conversion of this toy to an almost half scale 5 Footer. All the info I've gathered on measures and dims I have shared them with my mate Stu and I will be posting all I have found on the mandibles as well.

Here is a pic of the 1/48th cockpit ( a little off topic, I hope you forgive me Stu but I wanted to show it jejje:$)

Bests:
Rod

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back