Building The ANH 5'Millennium Falcon

Very nice work Stu! Looking forward to more.

Seeing the turret in your hand really hints at how big this model really is...

Regards,

Andre

I'm looking forward to the rounded hull sections, especially as you mentioned you would try to have them blow-molded like the studio model. Is that still a possibility? If not, what other approach do you have in mind? Have you dimensioned the curvature yet (radius, depth)?

I hardly need to mention how impressive this project is- you've got your hands full for sure! I hope we can see some juicy updates soon, as with other threads on this forum its the excellent documentation of the process I find most inspiring.

I'm looking forward to the rounded hull sections, especially as you mentioned you would try to have them blow-molded like the studio model. Is that still a possibility? If not, what other approach do you have in mind? Have you dimensioned the curvature yet (radius, depth)?

I hardly need to mention how impressive this project is- you've got your hands full for sure! I hope we can see some juicy updates soon, as with other threads on this forum its the excellent documentation of the process I find most inspiring.

Thanks.
I now have the method I will use to build the hull, but will reveal that later. Very close now to overall dimensions, but am building subassemblies to have a firmer idea of final dimensions. Needless to say I will not be going the blow-molded route!.

Ok, here's some pics of the port mandible wall buildup. Starting on the starboard side now. These will just be 'clipped in' to the sidewall openings later in the build. I'm just waiting on a 359 Peterbilt to finish the front detailing & still a number of parts yet to place in various area's. Remember this will be a ANH Falcon, so some of the 'missing' detail parts have been included.

Also made a start on the underside rear landing gear box structure, laying out the parts & making scratched panels. I have since cut out the top plate ready for the side walls to be added.

Attachments

• DSCF2068.JPG
    DSCF2068.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 662
  • DSCF2064.JPG
    DSCF2064.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 652
  • DSCF2066.JPG
    DSCF2066.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 607
  • DSCF2070.JPG
    DSCF2070.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 575
  • DSCF2071.JPG
    DSCF2071.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 585
  • DSCF2069.JPG
    DSCF2069.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 573
  • 20140105_182856.jpg
    20140105_182856.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 609
  • 20140105_182920.jpg
    20140105_182920.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 572
  • 20140104_153808.jpg
    20140104_153808.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 567
  • 20140104_153743.jpg
    20140104_153743.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 700
Last edited:
Stu,

Very exciting progress - and really interesting to see some of the "missing" parts!

Regards,

Andre

Wow! Stu. I see you're really having fun. I'm happy for you. Go ahead with this great project.(y)thumbsup:thumbsup

Rafa

I noticed a minor difference on the SS cockpit windows. The back window above Chewie's seat as an extra 'frame' before it comes to a point. However, it does not appear to be symmetrical, and missing above Han's side (?). Unless this is an optical illusion...

Attachments

• 12220184.jpg
    12220184.jpg
    524 KB · Views: 514
I noticed a minor difference on the SS cockpit windows. The back window above Chewie's seat as an extra 'frame' before it comes to a point. However, it does not appear to be symmetrical, and missing above Han's side (?). Unless this is an optical illusion...

Actually seven, you are seeing a bit of an illusion there...It is really a white tube structure that connects to the back wall and not part of the canopy or frame.

illusion.jpg

Been a while, but thought I'd post pics of some amazing casting that my good friend Rodmart has done recently. This was on his part a feat of genius & frustration, but the results speak for themselves & I am just in awe.
Stu

Attachments

• 5 Footer Cockpit-Resin-02.jpg
    5 Footer Cockpit-Resin-02.jpg
    773.3 KB · Views: 773
  • Stu Sets-3.jpg
    Stu Sets-3.jpg
    700.6 KB · Views: 586
Last edited:
They look amazing! :) Good job!

Been a while, but thought I'd post pics of some amazing casting that my good friend Rodmart has done recently. This was on his part a feat of genius & frustration, but the results speak for themselves & I am just in awe.
Stu

Hi Cadeus. I'm at 2 minds when it comes to folks asking for a 'grocery list' of all the known donors from me. I used to quite happily give out my info readily, but after all the years of accumulating all the ref & kit list I can really see why folks are hesitant to do such.
I will help with individual kit part ID's, but draw the line at a complete kit list. I know I said at the start of this thread 'no secrets' & I mean that, but just not a full kit list!.
Nick's Falcon ID thread is the one stop shop for most of the ID's anyhoo mate, just need to trawl through it all as I have done countless times. Even today, I found an ID for a part I didn't know, just had to hunt a bit for it.
I will help any other way I can, just ask mate.
Stu

IS there a list of the donor kits used on the 5-footer? Eagle's statement above seem stingy given that anyone actually attempting to compile (aka 'map') kit parts would necessarily create such a list. Why not share it instead of making everyone else "reinvent the wheel"? My motivation is due to the current project to ID, map, and produce artwork documenting all the little markings and decals that were applied to the 5-footer - information, btw, that is already being shared, freely through this forum & via file download (hosted by my local modeling club's website...) So, while attempting to properly ID the source of each decal, the survey team (including myself) have found many sources for the decals used; however, many still elude us, and I suspect they came from as of yet to be ID'ed parts donor kit sheets. Hence my search through the forum to find what must surely exist, a comprehensive listing of the donor kits (given all the time and effort already expended on ID'ing the parts...) I just hope the above *isn't* the prevailing attitude regarding sharing findings.

I would certainly appreciate if anyone could point me to or share a list of the donor kits so I can focus my "decal searches" on those kits instead of fumbling around further. Our 'team' has been quite fortunate so far, but as noted the puzzle isn't solved as of yet...

Kind Regards, Robert

Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back