Hi! I have boobs and I make...

I have no issues with the boob problem, but have played busty characters as well (nothing a little padded bra can't take care of)

I mostly crossplay - dressing as male characters - but will enjoy making a dress or two for costuming.

Sewing - have been sewing since I was 9 years old, when I used to watch my Grandmother make my sister and I pajamas. Didn't really start making costumes till I was in College.

I'm an arts and craft person mostly - crochet, making soap and candles, hair clips for sale etc etc

I was expecting more about your Satele Shan. I have been duped by the words "Bewbs"! You all in this thread are crafters first...but that's just my opinion.

More Satele!!

Love this thread!

I mostly lurk and research and learn from other people's work here. I started as a super-amateur sewer and a Star Wars costumer, but I'm slowly branching out and teaching myself new skills. I started seriously indulging my costuming hobby after graduating college two years ago. Going to Dragon*Con this year for the first time and most of the costumes I'm bringing aren't Star Wars!

I just want to give a shout out to WhiteHart and FANGS who I admire greatly, not only for their skills, but because they're always willing to answer my annoying questions about costumes. So a big public thank you to both of them for being so helpful and patient.

You other ladies here are probably also just as awesome, but I don't know you yet. :p Hope to meet some of you at Dragon Con perhaps.

I have boobs. I make lots of stuff, costumes, props, replica weapons, etc. Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Harry Potter, and Hunger Games mostly. Hoping to start working on a few Game of Thrones related things I want here shortly.

that what Im talking about bro .. ;)~

dont feel bad I didnt know lamberry was a girl names can be tricky lmao

My name is in my signature and I'm "bro'ed" almost every time I post, so don't bother changing your avatar ;)

Me: started in fabrics, leather, and corset making about 5-6 years ago, have gravitated towards armor making in the last year or so. Also picked up sculpting in the last year.

Boobs? Sometimes. Depends on the costume.
I do props and design. I also sew, but somewhat grudgingly. If I could afford to make someone sew for me, I would gladly. Been costuming since I can remember. I abuse exacto knives, resin, latex, magnets, and masking tape the most, and have done metalwork in my one room apartment's kitchen area. I think the plumber was thinking of calling the cops on me when he saw my hobbit feet sitting on my floor!
It's been a few years since I've gotten to work on any theater wardrobe, so now I just have an excessive amount of costumes that I wear once or twice, then cannibalize for other projects. Hopefully after Dragon*Con I can get some commissions going to help focus my creative energy.

(p.s., I finally hit 20 posts! Time to post in Showcase!)

Haha, I'm trying to get there as well. Pretty new here, not new to costuming exactly.

I'm working on a bunch of stuff right now, and I might start a build thread for one of these when I have more time for hobbies. I make embroidery, leatherwork, sculpture, and of course.... princess dresses - because of the whole boobs thing.

Everyone will be seeing more of me later this month, thanks for starting this thread! I'm glad there are chicks here, it kind of seemed like there wasn't for a while.

Edit: I'm working on Kirin Armor from Monster Hunter, Ocarina of Time Zelda, Twilight Princess Zelda, and Fem Shep, in that order below X)

Flickr: freya willia's Photostream

Attachments

• amor4.jpg
    amor4.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 347
Last edited:
I have boobs. Size usually depends on what bra/costume I'm wearing and whether I've gained weight over the year. :)

I costume and prop build with my hubby (Skruffy here on the boards). I do all the sewing; he does most of the props, molds, and woodwork; but we often work together on projects, and occasionally I get to step out of my comfort zone and work with armor and leather.

I usually just lurk, often doing research on costumes we're working on or plan to work on. I have seen many of you other ladies' works, and there are some extremely talented people here!

Wow, so man awesome ladies on here! I knew about a few of you from the boards or from Dragoncon, but so many more I didn't know about.

Y'know, it might be a good idea if I actually had a link to something that actually shows my costuming work. I'm a real newbie (and with no sewing skills whatsoever), but I try to do the best with what I can.

The Lady Nerd's Profile | Cosplay.com

Freya Willa - What costume is that in your photos? It looks really neat! (PS - You are BEAUTIFUL!)

Cool thread! My name is Kristina Leigh and I've been costuming/cosplaying since I was a kid, which inspired me to get a degree in theatrical costume design. Even though designing and building costumes for productions is my career, I never get tired of the rush of building fan costumes and attending cons...especially Dragon*Con!

I build costumes with all sorts of different techniques like traditional sewing, tailoring, corsetry, etc. Haven't done much in the way of hard goods yet (except corsets) but I'm sure I'll get to that soon. I have also worked professionally as a costume crafts artisan, so I've done some work with jewelry making and special effects.

I've recently started working in the licensed prop replica industry alongside my bf Gino on the Sideshow Collectibles 1:1 Vader Statue. Glad to see all the girls here speak up...We need more of that!

Kristina Leigh Cosplay
Professional Portfolio: kristinaleigh.com

Last edited:
*checks* Yup, I have boobs, too.

I haven't posted here before, although I've been a member for some time. Too many forums, so I mostly follow the rpf on fb, and keep up with the Rebel Legion forum. :)

So, I go by Lora here and in many other places, and I mostly make soft parts. I've done some leather work and plan to expand my leather work as I gather more tools and skills.
I mostly focus on Star Wars costuming, but I have done a movie version Ravenclaw student and a quick costume party Goa'uld. I also want to do costumes from other fandoms and have a dream of doing Richard the Warlock from LFG. :p Next up is Ewok Village Leia and another jedi. Possibly also a costume for the Hobbit premiere.

I have three SW costumes for myself (jedi, handmaiden, Leia), have helped others with theirs, and made one for my sister this spring. :)

May try to become active here now.

This is a great idea! Only the other day I was called a chap on here lol. Im Carly and im much better with a dremmel than a sewing needle :p

Nice thread Abby. I always thought of cosplay/costuming/roleplay as a sort of a grown up game of dress-up. And at the risk of sounding chulvanistic, I wonder if that is some of the appeal for female costumers. Whether or not this is true, one thing that is evident by seeing the work of the women within this thread is the insane amount of creativity and imagination displayed by the Posters.

Hi all. I know (and love) a few of you and wouldn't mind meeting more people. :) I've actually been a member of the RPF since last year but I was only active on the SuckerPunch thread. I'm terrible with forums but I love costuming so I'll try to post more. I suppose I mostly sew and I've made corsets and I've worked with leather and after this D*C, I'm diving into armor-making and all that cause there are some dream costumes I want to make.

Wow, so man awesome ladies on here! I knew about a few of you from the boards or from Dragoncon, but so many more I didn't know about.

Y'know, it might be a good idea if I actually had a link to something that actually shows my costuming work. I'm a real newbie (and with no sewing skills whatsoever), but I try to do the best with what I can.

The Lady Nerd's Profile | Cosplay.com

Freya Willa - What costume is that in your photos? It looks really neat! (PS - You are BEAUTIFUL!)

Your Selina and Awani photo series are extremely well done. The costumes look fantastic, too:thumbsup

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back