My MPC Millenium Falcon

vixr

Hello all,
I started a ROTJ badged MPC Falcon I bought on ebay, did a ton of work painting and weathering, and finally flirting with some basic lighting. This is the first model I ever tried to light and also the first one I spent more than an hour on paint. I did my best but after reading about how bad this model is I just let her sit. After a year of collecting dust I bought my FM version and started going full blast on some tweaks for the lighting as seen in my other thread...anyway here it is. Please be kind. :$
DSC_0838.jpg

DSC_0904good6.jpg

DSC_0940good11.jpg

DSC_0958good9.jpg

DSC_0948good8.jpg

trimmedtofit2.jpg

DSC_0894good5.jpg

DSC_0840.jpg

Great Job! The MPC MF is a decent model and perfect for cutting your teeth on things like lighting and paint. Please finish it up and show us the completed model.

Looks great!

I love the MPC kit!! With a little hard work and TLC, it can be made into a beautiful model.
Again, Excellent!!

Thank you all for the kind comments...I finally bought a modest airbrush and practiced with it a few minutes...then painted the exhaust pattern on the engine vents and around the circular cutouts and gave the whole top hull a light spray of acrylic flat black to dirty it up a bit. After I finished, I quickly discovered that a few minutes wasn't nearly enough... I think at some point in the future I could be just bad with an airbrush instead of really terrible...:unsure and that I should have stood the hull up vertical to paint it. I ordered a bunch of acrylic paints from Tamiya USA to do the FM Falcon. I think I will probably just live with this job and practice on the bottom hull after I to some serious practice on the roll of butcher paper I have.

DSC_0001-1.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

fixed a couple of mistakes...a little better

c0d89562.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back