TDK/R batsuit cage/armory display 1:1 [cage construction stand-by/making gadgets]

teragon

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Does any of you guys have ever built one of those in full scale ? I'm talking about the one seen in TDK, in the garage/batcave, not the glass display from rises. I'm getting a gcfx suit in a few weeks and was planning to build one just for display. I have made some blueprints by hand and scouted my DIY store, I think I can get away with 300$ as a budget, weapons and gadgets not included, only the cage.
But if anybody has experience with this, any advice is welcome !
Oh and no motorized part for now, only static display with manual "doors" if you're wondering.

just to be clear :
photomy.png

and my hand made blueprints, probably won't redo them on the computer, no need for now.
scanke.jpg

scan3y.jpg

scan1gg.jpg

scan2.jpg

Will be a bit narrower than the movie version though, and I'll try to make it so it can be easily taken apart and reassemble later, as I don't know for how long I still can stay in this place. Otherwise, soon I'll have to rent an additional truck only for props transportation !

Last edited:
Re: TDK/R batsuit cage/armory display 1:1

Started yesterday already, should have the base frame done by the end of the weekend.
Saw TDKR for the third time tonight, and I really like his new glass display, but I just don't have the skills to work with glass unfortunately.

Re: TDK/R batsuit cage/armory display 1:1

Had time to make the base before my last saw blade broke ! Few shots of it, and I also simply put the pipes on the base, nothing attached, just to see what it looks like :
photo13uar.jpg

photo3env.jpg

photo23yo.jpg

I also have 3 batarangs to be printed from a quick 3D model I did this afternoon, it was the cheapest option to fill the cage :
renderwoivyg.png

They're like 13$/piece printed in basic ABS plastic. It will be perfect for display purposes

Re: TDK/R batsuit cage/armory display 1:1 [construction started]

This is going to be really cool!! Can't wait to see the finished product.

Wow looks really good, going to keep an eye on your build as I really love these sorts of projects. Are you going to try and build in a way that it opens on its own or will you have to pull it open yourself?

That'll be awesome to display your suit! I'm really looking forward to see how it turns out.

Are you going to try and build in a way that it opens on its own or will you have to pull it open yourself?

First paragraph says static display with manual doors

I'd like to have it automatically opened but I'll need to figure a way to do it, so in the mean time it will stay static indeed.

looks great! I wanted to build one as well to display my UD suit in. I can't wait to see how this turns out

well, thank you for the encouragements, it is much appreciated.
Small update : I have assemble the main frame together and it appears my middle rod at the back of the display is not enough to keep it stable (that's why it is taped to the wall ^^). So unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to make the back doors, they'll have to stay static to assure stability. I don't have enough place in my prop room to put the display in the middle of the room anyway, so the back would have been hard to access. I'm still going to fill it with gagdet though ! I'm currently moddeling the EMP gun, see if I can make it print for a decent price.
photootn.jpg

This is so badass, I am really looking forward to seeing this done and loaded up with the suit and gadgets

That seems like a hassle to try to get the back to open, good call on leaving it static since it won't be in the center of the room, makes it more stable too. Still looking good!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back