bird in flight or not

eh up all.
here is another update,ive been makin up the side mandible detail on the far side to the cockpit.
first off i made the side plate and the two shaped right angled pieces that are on the top and bottom of the plate.
next i drew up the detail with a pencil just to plan roughly where things are gonna go.
GEDC3129.JPG
as ya can see i`ve already started makin bits on the side,so i carried on buildin bits down the side,with bits of pens,lolly sticks
and styrene.the black styrene is half mil thick and the white is 1 mil thick.
GEDC3133.JPG
here is a shot of the whole side..well of the finished detail so far.
GEDC3134.JPG
and finally i`ve made a start on the gearbox part i had to break it down into sub sections just to make it easy to build
GEDC3135.JPG
GEDC3136.JPG
GEDC3138.JPG

GEDC3141.JPG

well thats it for this one,i`ll try and get the gearbox bit finished up before my next update...cheers peza,hope ya like

That's a lot of work ! Great job, the gear box is a tough one to scratchbuild !
Cheers julien,all the other bits were somewhat diddley but like you say the gearbox bits are complicated that's why I had to break
them down into sub sections, my brain was on melt down:)Once again thank you mym8…......peza

Last edited:
Cheers julien,all the other bits were somewhat diddley but like you say the gearbox bits are complicated that's why I had to break
them down into sub sections, my brain was on melt down:)Once again thank you mym8…......peza

Maybe you only want to get scratchbuilt parts on your model, but maybe buying castings of the Entex parts would have save you time and headaches ?

Maybe you only want to get scratchbuilt parts on your model, but maybe buying castings of the Entex parts would have save you time and headaches ?
Its not that I want to build it all....I just can't afford to pay for bits...and after all my moanin I do kinda enjoy the end result!
Cheers buddy...peza

eh up all.
here is another update on my gearbox parts,first off i had to remake the circular part as i messed it up
i even struggled to draw up the template on my styrene.
GEDC3160.JPG
next i drilled out all the bits i needed before goin at it with my small knife.
GEDC3163.JPG
GEDC3164.JPG
next i glued it into place and made up the bolt housings out of some 1mm styrene rods.
GEDC3165.JPG
GEDC3166.JPG
next i made the top fin parts and the small squared off piece which is in the top right corner
GEDC3167.JPG
GEDC3168.JPG
as you can see i drilled out the middles of the bolt housings so i could insert the bolts which are half mm styrene rod.
GEDC3170.JPG
and finally i gave it a shot of primer,just to see if it`s all nice and neat with no little gaps.
GEDC3173.JPG
well thats it for this update i`m gonna try to get some more done today or this comin week,hope you like the progress..
cheers for lookin...peza

My Dad told me a long time ago, "There's a difference between an artist and a technician."
What would take someone with a 3D printer 15 minutes to create, you have achieved with true artistic vision.
AMAZED MY FRIEND! Awesome work and a true Artist!!

Eh up fellas why thank you for the support.I'm really happy with the progress so far,I'll post another update soOnce again cheers....peza

My Dad told me a long time ago, "There's a difference between an artist and a technician."
What would take someone with a 3D printer 15 minutes to create, you have achieved with true artistic vision.
AMAZED MY FRIEND! Awesome work and a true Artist!!

I Agree! Thats so good my friend!

wow thanks gents!
here's the finishin update on the gearbox section,
firstly i got 1 of the add ons done on the front of the circular bit and made a start on the front and back sub sections
GEDC3175.JPG
GEDC3176.JPGGEDC3176.JPG
well i carried on makin the back,with styrene and a lolly stick.
GEDC3183.JPG
with that finished i carried on with the front section,i had to take my time with the detail on this bit..
where the bolts go on the main body of the front section it's dipped in a semi circle,so out with the lollystick again and some filler
GEDC3177.JPG
after that i started doin the ribs and there is a grilled bit which i made from half mm styrene and some half mm styrene rod,it was
very fiddly but came out really sweet.
GEDC3179.JPG
GEDC3182.JPG
as you can see i made up the bolts and got them on also.so i finished off the fins on the top front sub section and gave it
a shot of primer.
GEDC3187.JPG
GEDC3191.JPG
GEDC3192.JPG
well that's it for this post i'll get some more done this week and i'll do another update probably next weekend...cheers for lookin....peza

WOW! That's great!!! LOVE IT!! :thumbsup A true artist!

wow cheers dude...i'm so happy people are callin me an artist!that is a first for me...my mrs calls me a **** artist all the time
...you know i'm gonna show her this!! oh happy days.....once again BIG THANKS....peza:cheers

eh up all.
well its time for another update.
firstly i finished off the side detail,which i ended usin some lollysticks,pens and a piece of my little girls plastic gazebo framework.
GEDC3194.JPG

next i gave it a quick tidy up and a shot of primer..
GEDC3195.JPG
GEDC3196.JPG

i then followed on fittin it in place and as you can see i made a start on some of the surroundin detail,but i stopped myself to concentrate
on the side detail between the cockpit and the dockin ring.
first off i made the backin plate which i made all nice and snug....but i realized that the model is made to open up for access to the
lights inside if theres ever a fault on them,so to start i had to split the backin piece into 2 and i used my magnets to seal them together
GEDC3198.JPG
next i wanted to put a multi functional switch on the side but hiden in the detail out of sight and i think i came up with the right place.
i bought a switch and drilled out where its gonna go.
GEDC3202.JPGGEDC3202.JPGGEDC3202.JPG
GEDC3203.JPG

as you can see i made a start on the detail on the side just to give me the right placement.
GEDC3206.JPG

here is how im gonna cover it up.GEDC3207.JPG

and finally i got most of the detail finished on this side,i've only got some small pieces to go on but it's 90 % finished,hope you like the progress
GEDC3208.JPG

well thats it for this update,i'm gonna get back on it this weekend and get stuck into it.....cheers for lookin...peza:cheers

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back