bird in flight or not

eh up all,
sorry for bein away for so long i`ve been workin on a little snowspeeder dio for a show which i`ve now finished...and boom i`m back with a revenge,the old bird was doin my head in so i had to take a step back!
well since my last post i`ve made up some alan key with wide heads into new slim line heads to screw the top half and the bottom together.
GEDC2808.JPG
GEDC2810.JPG

next i started on the magnets near the front mandibles to hold the front section down and hopefully sort out afew gaps that i had?but i`ve run out of milliput,so i`ve put that task on the back burner til i go shoppin on saturday.
i did get into makin up the cockpit cone,i started off makin up a jig for the basic shape and an extenion for the tunnel(i think it`s to short)
GEDC2815.JPG
i then usin card made up the shape and transfered it onto 2 pieces of half mil thick styrene,after gluin them together with an about inch overlap,i got in something like
GEDC2816.JPG
after some cuttin with some of my wifes nail trimmers...eeeeeeerrr and some filin down (my files) i got the bottom piece on which will hold it in place i got this
GEDC2817.JPG
then i called it a night but before i did i doddled where the windows should be(i think):confused
GEDC2832.JPG
and finally i liberated some thin sheet copper form work,which i`m gonna use as the grillin around the cockpit cone and the tunnel,but there is alot of little cut`s to be made and if i dont bugger it up it should look sweet,i hope!:wacko
GEDC2820.JPG

GEDC2819.JPG

well thats it for this one,hope ya like and christrom i`m doin it for the show!!lol....cheers peza

eh up all i`ve got alittle more done today i started gettin my windows cut out and some half mil thick styrene put in the inside of the glassed area if you can call it that!
GEDC2924.JPG
as ya can see i`ve been usin a pin vice to make it abit easier to cut them out,also i`ve been totally makin each window in turn to give a little more strength to the cone shape.
i managed to get them all cut out and the outsides sanded down to something like,so tomorrow if i can i`ll start on the end peice and then some armour plates.but here are two images of my finished work for tonight..cheers peza:cheers

GEDC2927.JPG
GEDC2926.JPG

eh up all, i`ve done a littlle more tonight,i did some more on the copper and i armour plated the cockpit
GEDC2930.JPG

next i got the end cone on with the circular window in,i mocked up the shape with some card first and the circle was some plastic plumbin pipe,it`s come out nice and hopefully i can put the 3 spokes in tomorrow.
here are some finished work images for tonight
GEDC2931.JPG
GEDC2929.JPG
...hope ya like cheers peza :cheers

eh up all,
i got the cockpit cone finished off and i did some more of the copper grillin also.
GEDC2932.JPGnext i gave it a blast of primer and it`s all done til i start paintin it!here are some images hope ya like cheers peza
GEDC2934.JPG
GEDC2935.JPG
GEDC2936.JPG
GEDC2937.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

eh up all,
i got the cockpit cone finished off and i did some more of the copper grillin also.
GEDC2932.JPGnext i gave it a blast of primer and it`s all done til i start paintin it!here are some images hope ya like cheers peza
GEDC2934.JPG
GEDC2935.JPG
GEDC2936.JPG
GEDC2937.JPG

:cool Hell of a build, peza! Nice work getting the cockpit together :thumbsup. How much do you still have to do yet, before this becomes a fully fledged, uber cool, "fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy"? Look forward to the next update, mate. :)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back