Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

But why is it that we never see what the other Shield agents are up to around the world? There's gotta be a lot of conflicts for them to handle. In their headquarters we only see people walking around, passing by. What are their missions? Assignments? Who are they going after? I noticed every time the base is on "lockdown" we only get to see the main cast. What about the countless agents around?

What'd the other people on the enterprise do when something went wrong (which seemed to happen weekly :) ).?

What are the other cops doing when the main characters are off on a case?

It's not relevant to the story - at least not relevant enough to cast a bunch of real actors, and pay them loads more to actually speak and act on screen. It was established that, for one, shield was small and just being rebuilt, then this happened and the authorities basically scattered them all to the wind or arrested them until they could prove they weren't LMD's.

Shows rarely follow other groups of characters. When they do, it's a setup for a spin-off.

I just wonder
what Robbie meant when he said something like "You also have a burden to bear" to Coulson, after Ghostrider transferred back to him.

I loved when Coulson said "You know Robot May was way more supportive." :lol

Just watched the finale. I really enjoyed this season and hope next season is just as good.

I totally agree, I just watched the finale last night and I totally loved it, so well done. It really left me anxiously awaiting next season to see where they are and what the deal is.

I also hope that they end up bringing AIDA back, Mallory Jansen is just such a delight to watch. Not only is she, she's a superb actress and made each incarnation of the AIDA character so different, yet the same. And the way she went all psycho as real Ophelia, she was just chewing up the scenery in those scenes and I don't think that I would have had any problem acting scared or nervous around her in those scenes because I think that she would legitimately be scaring the crap out of me.

So, any bets on whether or not we'll see Ward again next season? That character just doesn't seem to go away, every time we think we've seen the last of him the producers/writers manage to figure out a way to bring him back.

So looks like there in a space prison type place...or something.
Haven't read any of the comics, so I don't know too much of the places they could be at.

When Joss was writing Astonishing X-Men, he created S.W.O.R.D., which is basically SHIELD in space. Coulson's demeanor suggested to me that he was going to work, as opposed to being held against his will. I assumed there had been a time jump like there was at the end of last season.

Considering the Inhumans are based on the far side of the Moon, I'm thinking they're setting up some cosmic crossover possibility.

I'm also thinking it's tied to Inhumans, especially since the Inhumans logo they showed right after that scene was on a space background. I figured it was a tie-in of some sort.

Yeah, I'm utterly confused by what they intend to do. Whether or not the movies acknowledge the series or not, I've always liked that the series acknowledged them. We don't need to worry about any movie until Infinity War (since they're not likely to be near Wakanda), and they can have it so that the series ends pre-movie (timeline-wise).

And they could've used the Inhumans series, too! I mean, I felt like delaying AoS for the Inhumans mini-series was so that they could continue the story in AoS. So I have no clue what's going on with AoS.

Yeah, I'm utterly confused by what they intend to do. Whether or not the movies acknowledge the series or not, I've always liked that the series acknowledged them. We don't need to worry about any movie until Infinity War (since they're not likely to be near Wakanda), and they can have it so that the series ends pre-movie (timeline-wise).

And they could've used the Inhumans series, too! I mean, I felt like delaying AoS for the Inhumans mini-series was so that they could continue the story in AoS. So I have no clue what's going on with AoS.

I was expecting them to use the Inhumans series, but that was before the Inhumans series was such a total cluster****. Maybe they realized how awful it was and totally shifted gears?

I thought inhumans was OK. It seemed like they had an idea, got green-lit, then the network came back and said, 'oh by the way, we're cutting your budget by 80%'.

No..it's reminiscent of lost that way - given what they know at this point it's the most obvious question to ask, yet no one does.

The guy who's sorta helping them at this point (or not) doesn't even seem surprised to see Quake either. You'd think at least that guy would say something like, how is this possible? It was like 200 years ago (or 10, or 1000 or whatever).

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back