Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

I looked at that and went "Gordon needs to say a cliche line, like... 'I didn't see that coming' "

resized_the-most-interesting-man-in-the-world-meme-generator-i-don-t-always-see-but-when-i-do-it-s-what-you-did-there-8845b0.jpg

Well, the thing that swallowed Simmons has been given an unofficial fan name.

In honor of the fact that just when things between Fitz and Simmons might just be headed down a romantic path (and it's about time... those two have such good chemistry that even when they are angry and fighting, you want them to drop everything and go at it right there) this rock decides to act like a Morphball and treat Simmons like a Pokemon.

It is hereby known as the Cock Block Rock

Something I'm trying to figure out is if the oblisk is touched by non-alien organic material, the organic material is burned to ash. So why doesn't it do the same thing to the fish that come in contact with it? Hmmmmmm... plot hole or just an oversight. Or perhaps its telling us that all the fish in the ocean already have alien DNA? I mean... look at the blue whales in Star Trek the Voyage Home. It is pretty clear they are alien and yet live in our oceans... then there the dolphins in Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy... they are intelligent and go home when they learn the earth is about to be destroyed leaving a message saying "Thanks for the fish". So does this mean that all fish are alien??

Something I'm trying to figure out is if the oblisk is touched by non-alien organic material, the organic material is burned to ash. So why doesn't it do the same thing to the fish that come in contact with it? Hmmmmmm... plot hole or just an oversight. Or perhaps its telling us that all the fish in the ocean already have alien DNA? I mean... look at the blue whales in Star Trek the Voyage Home. It is pretty clear they are alien and yet live in our oceans... then there the dolphins in Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy... they are intelligent and go home when they learn the earth is about to be destroyed leaving a message saying "Thanks for the fish". So does this mean that all fish are alien?

Okay, calm down Jaden...

The water dissolved the crystal but not the metal.

Ummmm...no. The Obelisk material was meant to test HUMANS that had been altered by the Kree. IE it's set to the Human Genome only. Which is why it was killing Coulson, A blood transfusion doesn't alter your DNA, no matter who/what the donor is. Speaking of, Coulson with a Hook would be freaking awesome. Even better, a Stark Industries metal arm with Palm Repulsor. I Like what they did with Cal BUT, I have this image of a Dog nipping at him, and "BAD DOGGIE" "YIPE YIPE YIPE YIPE...CRACK". I Don't think Simmons is dead, BUT what will come out of the Monolith remains to be seen.

I think perhaps something will transform Simmons while in the Monolith that will soften or change her mind about having to track or kill all the inhumans. Or perhaps it will just harden her resolve that they are all dangerous and must be killed. Just my 0.02 :)

Laters,
Jeff

Ummmm...no. The Obelisk material was meant to test HUMANS that had been altered by the Kree. IE it's set to the Human Genome only. Which is why it was killing Coulson, A blood transfusion doesn't alter your DNA, no matter who/what the donor is. Speaking of, Coulson with a Hook would be freaking awesome. Even better, a Stark Industries metal arm with Palm Repulsor. I Like what they did with Cal BUT, I have this image of a Dog nipping at him, and "BAD DOGGIE" "YIPE YIPE YIPE YIPE...CRACK". I Don't think Simmons is dead, BUT what will come out of the Monolith remains to be seen.

Well that makes a little more sense... as for Coulson's hand... I think they need to do it Inspector Gadget style... make it look like a Terminator hand with various utilities and options like a swiss army knife. Make it have a saw, a laser, a potato peeler, a bottle opener, a writing pen, a single (or double shot) gun, a nail clipper, pliers, scissors and various other impliments that he could just use as he's standing around at his desk. Could be a fun side line every episode he uses his prostetic arm in a different way (using it as a stapler, pulling a fingertip off and using it's built in white-out). Could be a good running joke!

- - - Updated - - -

Are you sure? With a few exceptions, metals don't float around. They sink. Crystals dissolve.

Not if they are light enough and in a current... guess you never played with Snow Globes with glitter in them before.

Every film in the MCU Phase 2 has had an arm/hand cut off as a tribute Empire Strikes Back. Thor 2 (Thor even if an illusion) , GOTG (Groot), Iron Man 3, Cap Am 2 (winter soldier), Ultron (Klaue)

When I saw that ax fall on Coulson's arm, I was shocked -- for a second -- then I realized OF COURSE!

Well that makes a little more sense... as for Coulson's hand... I think they need to do it Inspector Gadget style... make it look like a Terminator hand with various utilities and options like a swiss army knife. Make it have a saw, a laser, a potato peeler, a bottle opener, a writing pen, a single (or double shot) gun, a nail clipper, pliers, scissors and various other impliments that he could just use as he's standing around at his desk. Could be a fun side line every episode he uses his prostetic arm in a different way (using it as a stapler, pulling a fingertip off and using it's built in white-out). Could be a good running joke!

I want them to have a scene of them preparing to give him a prosthesis and have Coulson ask for missiles like Deathlok. :lol

When I saw that ax fall on Coulson's arm, I was shocked -- for a second -- then I realized OF COURSE!

I kind of saw that coming. At least I was urging him to go for it to save Coulson. I guess that came from watching The Walking Dead.

Y'know, creating a prosthetic hand for Coulson would be the perfect opportunity to bring in RDJ, who has expressed interest in appearing on AoS. He could bring that flesh regenerator used on Hawkeye or create a Starktech prosthetic hand, tricked out with all the bells and whistles. Since Jemma's become a Pokemon to the Cock Block Rock, Tony's the best option for installing working cybernetics.

Last edited:
I almost forgot, any idea what was on that blueprint Coulson had? He said something about being more mobile. I thought maybe the comics people would know.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back