"C" Movie Starship Miniature Effects Model

The movie was supposed to be released today (1/28) but it looks like the upload is taking far longer than expected. It will be available as soon as that process is complete.

I saw the short. The model looks fantastic! You really did a great job. It's a tragedy they didnt shoot the model on film.

Preston brought a bunch of photos to our Galaxy Hobby Sci-Fi Model Club meeting last night and gave a wonderful talk about this model.

I absolutely applaud you guys, this was an amazing model. I for one would love to see more of it.

Thanks very much for the kind words! It really means a lot coming from you.

We worked our collective tails off on that project. Preston said it best: "A LOT of work has gone into this model." I still can't believe just how many hours it took.

It would have been nice to see more of it on screen. I'm just thrilled though to see something I designed and helped build flying through space like that. :)

BTW, this project will be the cover story of the next issue (Vol 29) of Sci Fi & Fantasy Modeller magazine due out April 20. They have agreed to feature it in three parts. The first part deals with construction, the second will deal with lighting, and the third and final installment will cover finishing/painting and filming the completed model.

It's an excellent article. Charles did a great job on it. And the model looks great on the cover too. Well done!

I guess I should update this thread to point out that Part 2 of the article on building the "C" movie model appeared in the July issue (Volume 30) of Sci-Fi & Fantasy Modeler magazine. Part 2 covers lighting the ship in great detail.

Part 3 (Volume 31) features an interview with the filmmakers and also with Rick Ingalsbe about painting and finishing the model. It is due out early next month.

Last edited:
What a fantastic journey from design to modeling to painting to filming!

Thank you for posting about this and the great pictures and explanations. I just recently joined, so this was the first chance I had to see this thread.

Re: "C" Movie Starship Miniature Effects Model

This article appeared in Volume 29 of Sci-Fi & Fantasy Modeler magazine. It's a shame this publication went out of business, but I was able to preserve the article by sharing it here.

Attachments

• C spaceship_SF&FM_Part1_Page_01.png
    C spaceship_SF&FM_Part1_Page_01.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 339
  • C spaceship_SF&FM_Part1_Page_02.png
    C spaceship_SF&FM_Part1_Page_02.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 340
  • C spaceship_SF&FM_Part1_Page_03.png
    C spaceship_SF&FM_Part1_Page_03.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 320
  • C spaceship_SF&FM_Part1_Page_04.png
    C spaceship_SF&FM_Part1_Page_04.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 316
  • C spaceship_SF&FM_Part1_Page_05.png
    C spaceship_SF&FM_Part1_Page_05.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 280
  • C spaceship_SF&FM_Part1_Page_06.png
    C spaceship_SF&FM_Part1_Page_06.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 344
  • C spaceship_SF&FM_Part1_Page_07.png
    C spaceship_SF&FM_Part1_Page_07.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 326
  • C spaceship_SF&FM_Part1_Page_08.png
    C spaceship_SF&FM_Part1_Page_08.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 333
  • C spaceship_SF&FM_Part1_Page_09.png
    C spaceship_SF&FM_Part1_Page_09.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 316
  • C spaceship_SF&FM_Part1_Page_10.png
    C spaceship_SF&FM_Part1_Page_10.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 298
  • C spaceship_SF&FM_Part1_Page_11.png
    C spaceship_SF&FM_Part1_Page_11.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 305
  • C spaceship_SF&FM_Part1_Page_12.png
    C spaceship_SF&FM_Part1_Page_12.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 279
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back